What's new

Featured Israel-Palestinian Conflict Resurgence 2021: Al-Aqsa attacks, riots, rockets, military clashes and Jerusalem conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
They knew it was coming, but I'll guess for them to see it become reality will have strong ramifications for their sense of security.

From 2019:

IDF chief warns Israelis: The next war will hit our home front extremely hard

He also issued a bleak warning to Israelis that the next war, when it came, would hit the home front hard. “It must be known and recognized that in the next war — whether in the north or against Hamas — heavy fire will be directed against our home front. I’m looking people in the eye, and saying, there will be heavy fire. We have to recognize this and we have to prepare for this… We have to prepare for this militarily; the civil hierarchies have to prepare for this; and we have to prepare for this mentally.”

This is true, but I do not think they expect Hamas to be able to do this. We can assume atleast 50x this kind of force from Hezb. I don't they expect 2 direct attacks on Tel Aviv, you can tell it caught them by surprise when Netanyahu immediately made a televised statement after

Tons of airstrikes all over Gaza targeting interior ministry buildings. They are trying to scare people.

This will become more and more painful for Gaza, the war of attrition does give favors to Israel as they are much safer, unless the amount of inventory is far exceeding the number of interceptors.

Absolutely ... war of attrition is in favor of Israel.... I don't think Biden administration will so easily green light a ground invasion at this time. There are too many internal issues he is trying to focus on in America. So, they will prefer a longer term aerial campaign.

Last edited:
Tons of airstrikes all over Gaza targeting interior ministry buildings.

Absolutely ... war of attrition is in favor of Israel.... I don't think Biden administration will so easily green light a ground invasion at this time. There are too many internal issues he is trying to focus on in America. So, they will prefer a longer term aerial campaign.

Why would the Biden admin determine a ground assault? Does the president yield that much influence over the Israelis?

Tons of airstrikes all over Gaza targeting interior ministry buildings.

there won’t be any ground invasion

This is true, but I do not think they expect Hamas to be able to do this. We can assume atleast 50x this kind of force from Hezb. I don't they expect 2 direct attacks on Tel Aviv, you can tell it caught them by surprise when Netanyahu immediately made a televised statement after

They have either underestimated the capability of Hamas to conduct these attacks, or wrongly assessed the political will of the organization to strike this hard at this particular time. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but I could be wrong.

Why would the Biden admin determine a ground assault? Does the president yield that much influence over the Israelis?

They are much more eager to engage in ground invasion when there is full US backing for one, imo.

Quds radio (Gaza): Over 100 air strikes over the past half hour

Two apartment rooms in apartment complex targeted in Israeli strikes moments ago

there won’t be any ground invasion

That's what I believe as well, but I wonder how Iran helped Hamas since 2014 when it comes to the ground invasions. As they had trouble with Israeli armor/tanks and the drones. Israeli tanks trophy systems and the drone strikes heavily impact Hamas's ability to inflict casualties on Israeli forces. Also the artillery strikes....

Feeling sad for Palestine people.

They should stop doing arm struggle against the Israel and find the way to live peacefully, together.
“Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs... Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home”

― Mahatma Gandhi

why is your military performing so badly right now and Iron dome is leaving plenty iron holes in your ground????? smh...you guys are demoralized and there is no stupid trump to come to your stupid aid. enjoy your "SUPER ISRAELI MILITAY EQUIPMENT MADE BY BLAH BLAH.."..i'm sooo so proud of Gaza!
Yesterday evening Hamas fired 130 Iranian rockets at Tel Aviv only two passed through Iron Dome.

Regarding a ground invasion, there is a lot of noise and preparation for one it seems but like i said time will tell. Those M113 pictures were not a good sign as it means every piece of equipment was being taken out to be used, so definitely a big operation is being prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom