What's new

Israel launches air strikes on Syria

I would never support condoning Israel's help, but who is your God? Al Assad the murderer??

Never claimed recent victory of Syrian army over terrorists was Gods direct intervention , but some member here claimed bombing of one of Syrian army headquarter by Israel is direct intervention of God .

so it's clear who is some peoples God

According to the analysis from Martin, Israel's air strike was attempted to destroy Syria's warehouse that hides Iran's shipment of the Fateh-110 missiles to Hezbollah. :coffee:

you guys never asked yourself why Syria need the Iranian missiles to send to Hezbollah as they themselves produce a copy of Fateh ?

USA know what Israel is doing
there is not weapons transfer there
the places where all was bombed was the weapons for the Syrian Arab Army
Hezbollah already got all they need a long time ago
they just wanted to make Hezbollah and Syria angry / so Assad make a wrong move

and i want to also say this Syria and Lebanon air defense is useless against ISrael that is why they can do this or else they would not

no offence to any one

@500

Not to forget constant defections that have been going on for 3 years. You can't have a pride over a successful raid on an exhausted and almost collapsed army.
Air defence are elite of Syrian army, they are very loyal and all still operational.

I have seen SA-2, 3, 5, 6/11, and 8. I think I have watched tens of videos. Another thing, there is nothing so called SA-6 base, SA-6 is a mobile short range S2A system, it can't be used alone without having medium and long range air defense systems unless it's accompanying land forces.
I've watched more. Captured SA-5 were training dummies. Only SA-6 couple SA-6 were captured/destroyed in Deir Ez Zor during retreat of 113th brigade. SA-6 battery has special prepared positions which are guarded and thats can be called a base. Couple SA-8 were also captured Destroyed in Guta, but thats speck of overall quantity.

Damascus is guarded primarily by a HUGE number of SA-6 and non of it was captured or destroyed.

In addition there is decent number of Pantsyrs, Buks, modernized SA-3 and SA-8.

If by many you mean SA-3's. Which may or may not have been. Yeah, that would be "many" rolleyes.
Syria has SA-3 in good numbers. Unmodernized SA-3 shot dozens of planes in 1991 Gulf war. modernized is a serious adversary.

And like I said how many of those old sam's you claimed where even active before the war ? Even if by some miracle half of them where active even less would be by now due to the civil war.
As I noted above, number of destroyed SAM sites is very low, mostly ancient junk. SA-5, SA-6, modernized SA-3, SA-8, Buks, Pantsyrs are active.

Couple of SA-17 and SA-22 batteries would cover Damascus. But I don't see good chunk of Assads most potent SAM's soley being wasted on Damascus. With a lot of other locations needing to be covered.
If they are not covering Damascus what the heck they are covering?

Last edited by a moderator:
Syria has SA-3 in good numbers. Unmodernized SA-3 shot dozens of planes in 1991 Gulf war. modernized is a serious adversary.

It actually didn't shot dozens of planes down. Your confusing SA-3 with SA-13. I'm sure modernized it would be a surprise. But problem is we don't know if they have been or not.

And like I said I have my doubts that majority of the older sam are even remotly functional.

If they are not covering Damascus what the heck they are covering?

Don't know but to assume Damascus is the only important area to cover. Would be highly stupid.

I have an exclusive information for you: actually Syria shot down 26 Israel planes. 5 were shot down by Stealth fighter Kaker-313, 5 were shot down by Bavar-373 and remaining 16 ejected when saw Kaker-313 in the air.

you mean Kiker-313 :lol:

I have an exclusive information for you: actually Syria shot down 26 Israel planes. 5 were shot down by Stealth fighter Kaker-313, 5 were shot down by Bavar-373 and remaining 16 ejected when saw Kaker-313 in the air.

you mean Kiker-313 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom