What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

IS SEE NO COMMENTS FROM THE U.S.A, U.K, INDIA

The Hindu : News : India condemns Israeli attack

India joined several other governments around the world in condemning Israel for its use of disproportionate force leading to the death of 20 passengers on a flotilla carrying relief supplies to Gaza.

The Israeli Navy opened fire while forcibly boarding the ships for inspection. The flotilla was trying to reach Gaza, which faces an Israeli naval blockade. Scores of governments have protested the killings, while at least half-a-dozen summoned Israeli envoys to record their condemnation in person.

“India deplores the tragic loss of life and the reports of killings and injuries to the people on the boats carrying supplies for Gaza. There can be no justification for such indiscriminate use of force, which we condemn. We extend our sympathies to the families of the dead and wounded. It is our firm conviction that lasting peace and security in the region can be achieved only through peaceful dialogue and not through use of force,” said a Ministry of External Affairs statement.

Israel, supposedly, asked the group to stop by a designated port for inspection. The group refused and made it clear that its intention is to violate territorial waters. If a person intends to trespass your property you have the right to try to stop that person even if he has not set foot on your front yard. So is it true that the group intends to violate Israel's territorial waters?

That still doesn't mean that you jump the boat with Commandos and kill 10 people. Everyone knew including the Israeli's that the Ship had gone through border inspections and that no weapons were available on board. Also those knives that your clinging to is a really weak argument for weapons. Any aid ship with over 10000 tons of food and equipment is bound to have knives and screw drivers. Maybe some idiot might have smuggled a gun but that was not the intention of this convoy.

We already know this aid was a political stunt but an important one. Since 2007 Israel has had full control over what goes in and outside of Gaza. The 15,000 tons of food that Israel provides weekly is not even 1/3 of whats needed according to the latest UN reports. This political stunt was to bring this blockade into light around the world without resorting to violence or war and the organizers succeeded in doing that... and seriously knives in a Food humanitarian food convoy thats scary

@adir the video you have provided, the authenticity can be questioned as it doesnot have any credible news channels logo on it. The soldiers landed on the deck and were being beaten up by the ppl on board. The end result was that your soldiers killed 20+ civilians. In this video the only gun i see is in the hands of the soldiers and all the weapons on display in the pic are knives LOL... so u say that these guys were transporting knives to harm Israil in some way? There is no gun on display being used by the people in the ship. The IDF should have surrounded the ships to stop them, maybe they did it i dont know but sending in armed commandos means that there is in intention to use force to achieve your goal which was responded well by the aid workers.

Wow what a lie only 10 have been killed

The Hindu : News : India condemns Israeli attack

India joined several other governments around the world in condemning Israel for its use of disproportionate force leading to the death of 20 passengers on a flotilla carrying relief supplies to Gaza.

The Israeli Navy opened fire while forcibly boarding the ships for inspection. The flotilla was trying to reach Gaza, which faces an Israeli naval blockade. Scores of governments have protested the killings, while at least half-a-dozen summoned Israeli envoys to record their condemnation in person.

“India deplores the tragic loss of life and the reports of killings and injuries to the people on the boats carrying supplies for Gaza. There can be no justification for such indiscriminate use of force, which we condemn. We extend our sympathies to the families of the dead and wounded. It is our firm conviction that lasting peace and security in the region can be achieved only through peaceful dialogue and not through use of force,” said a Ministry of External Affairs statement.

dual policy..
the indian nation is happy (atleast the indian community on PDF) and the government is condemning the act.. well ok..
but anyhoo thanks ejaz.. your article relaxed me abit..!

Any aid ship with over 10000 tons of food and equipment is bound to have knives and screw drivers.
That is not what I asked. Am asking on why a kitchen knife, or a cricket bat, or a crowbar, or a large plumbing wrench, or a compressed air nail gun...Or any other tool...Cannot be considered a weapon at any time?

That is not what I asked. Am asking on why a kitchen knife, or a cricket bat, or a crowbar, or a large plumbing wrench, or a compressed air nail gun...Or any other tool...Cannot be considered a weapon at any time?

will any of these above mentioned tools pierce the helmets and bullet proof body armor of the highly trained IDF soldiers?

Sure it can be... but in this case your just nitpicking trying to justify the killing of 10 people and wounding a dozen others. In this case if i threw a teddy bear against people with guns that would be considered a weapon to.. does that answer your silly question?

You do not have time to call the police. Your family is inside the house. You have valuable properties. If I intends to trespass, even if I was on the sidewalk, the police would be on your side if you took preemptive actions.

How else can the group deliver the aid?

That Iranian boat was not threatening US territorial waters. Have no doubt that if there was an Iranian boat with hostile intent with intentions to violate US territorial waters -- KABOOM...!!!

Let me make this point the ship was 72 miles i believe away the Israeli waters are 12 i think. So that is like me being all the way down the street and coming to your house as your coming towards me with a shotgun. And shoot me long before i get to your house.

I ask you this what would you do if your on transport ship of U.S. Flag and Israel attacked your ship (Which is your property) in international waters ?

Also why are so many countries pissed at Israel ? It isn't just us. Even Greece which had a ship in the convoy has recalled their ambassador and canceled military exercises. Is Israel not to blame when Spain,Sweden,Greece and many other countries are in support of the ship and against Israel ?

Sure it can be...
Thanks for having the courage where others did not.

but in this case your just nitpicking trying to justify the killing of 10 people and wounding a dozen others. In this case if i threw a teddy bear against people with guns that would be considered a weapon to.
No nitpicking here. Police officers everywhere would definitely charge you with assaulting an officer with that teddy bear. In the case of the aid group, IF it is true that Israeli commandos stormed the ship armed with only paint-ball guns and sidearms, then any assault on the soldiers with kitchen knives and wooden sticks would be the equivalent of doing the same to a squad of police officers coming to execute a search warrant. You do that and see what happens to you.

Israel: Gaza aid convoy can unload cargo in Ashdod for inspection - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
The Israel Defense Forces announced that troops, especially the navy, have completed the preparations for the flotilla, which will likely arrive in the region over the weekend. The preparations included a compound at the Ashdod port consisting of air conditioned tents equipped with computerized stations, metal detectors, and seating for the activists manning the ships. The IDF is preparing for the arrival of some 800 peace activists. The IDF said that they were ready to carry out the government's decision to prevent the ships from reaching the Gaza shore.
Is that true?

Why are you avoiding a legitimate question? IF...IF...IF...It is true that Israeli commandos stormed the aid ship armed with only paint-ball guns and sidearms...What could be the reason for that?

No, no. It was not paint-ball or side-arms. Israelis commandoes stormed with hula-hoops around their waists and a crown of flowers on their heads with some rose-bouquets as side-arms.

You might as well as have made a video with that. It would be more likely to be believed considering the pansies your 'soldiers' are!

Don't mess with Turkey. Don't go too far with that 'Kurdistan' or 'Armenia' thingies. In fact, prepare to eat some humble pies by apologies to the Turks before too long. They are even more important to you than Americans are: Neighbors always are.

I'm not taking the BS of the people being armed. It can most definitely be imagined that a couple would have gotten agitated and perhaps tried to manhandle an armed IDF soldier, perhaps even with some rod or stick, and the soldiers being trigger friendly and having no concern whatsoever of human life killed the people in response. It is utterly beyond comprehension that the soldiers feared for their life and that demanded killing nearly two dozen activists. Had they been trying to send a message to the supposedly "attacking" activists, they would have fired a couple of warning shots or perhaps shot one or two people in the leg. What did they do? They shot dead 19 people on a civilian ship in international waters flying the flag of a sovereign state that happens to be a NATO member. Will NATO manage to grow the balls to tackle this offensive from a country that seems to be the first priority of our unmatched global power.

Israel isn't a kid with a bad temper. It's a country, a sovereign state and should have the brains to deal with such a situation peacefully and tactfully. Clearly they did not. It can mean one of two things (generalizing by a big brush)

1) Israel thought it could get away with an armed assault. They might have thought that there would no civilian casualties but they thought that they would get away with such an armed assault courtesy some big players in the intl community who are more than willing to suck their genitalia.

2) Israel committed an utter, utter mistake. Perhaps even a failure of the chain of command. Such a big failure is unlikely to happen though.

Israel committed this act knowing fully the repercussions. They perhaps did not imagine such high or even any casualties but they clearly knew that they would get away with an armed assault in international waters, maybe with just a slap on the wrist.

Let me take Iran example out of the equation. Say, Sudan cuts off all international access to Darfur and blocks the land passage (just imagine although Darfur is on the Chad and CAR borders). Now, if Sudanese military attacks and kills intl aid/political activists, will it get away with it? Clearly no.

Just imagine during the independence struggle of East Timor, had Indonesia attacked an aid convoy, it would have faced dozens of economic sanctions and strained relationships besides the threat of military action.

Israel is getting away with killing 19 people in international waters. This is an act of war. Geo-political clout and sympathies seem to have taken the better of logic and reason. I'm baffled as to how one can justify Israel's attacks.

In the eyes of criminal law provocation and murder are entirely different things. This was not criminally inciting murder either. Are you suggesting that if I walk into a gang alley and get stabbed then I should be as criminally liable as the person who stabbed me for I provoked him by going through a nobody's-owned area that happened to be by his den (analogy being roads as municipal owned and hence not private property and intl waters being out of Israel's sovereign boundaries). I might extend this logic to the wearing-skimpy-clothes-gets-you-raped argument as well. Utterly fallacious logic being used to condone violence based on sympathies for a nation with one of the worst human rights record on the planet.

The humanitarian mission had a clear message. They could have taken another route but Israel had to be given a message that the International community will not take more of its BS and let Israel control the situation entirely and dictate the routes taken by foreign aid missions.

They were in international waters. Had they been just a micrometer outside Israel's territorial or contiguous zones or exclusive economic zones, they still would have been under the sovereign jurisdiction of the flag they were flying.

A ship flying the flag of a NATO member state has been attacked. Will NATO send forces?

Excuse me? Your directing at that me.

I am just stating the facts.

I DID NOT say what the Israelis are doing is right.

Once again, i am just stating the facts.

And half facts at best, dude, this flotilla was anchored near Lebnon for day seeking permission from Israelis and they must have got the permission and that is how they were there.

As usual Israel will hide the truth and lie about it as it did about killing of a palistenian leader in Dubai using stolen/fake European passports.

Let me make this point the ship was 72 miles i believe away the Israeli waters are 12 i think. So that is like me being all the way down the street and coming to your house as your coming towards me with a shotgun. And shoot me long before i get to your house.
If you know that I have DEADLY intention, then of course you would be justified. If you want to escalate the lethality of this hypothetical situation, so can I. Am a gun owner with a Concealed Carry Permit, living in a state where firearms are valued. I know the laws and the situations where I would be fully justified. On the international realm, there is no global police force responding to an international 911 emergency call.

I ask you this what would you do if your on transport ship of U.S. Flag and Israel attacked your ship (Which is your property) in international waters ?
Sorry...But this is called a 'straw man' argument. Look it up.

Also why are so many countries pissed at Israel ? It isn't just us. Even Greece which had a ship in the convoy has recalled their ambassador and canceled military exercises. Is Israel not to blame when Spain,Sweden,Greece and many other countries are in support of the ship and against Israel ?
My prediction...All of this will be blown over. The countries have no choice but to act...ACT...outraged. The next aid group will have serious reservations on pulling another one of this stunt.

They are people of the book but no good are the people of the book if they dont follow the book (including muslims). Israelis have control over the Holy sites and the result is that Muslims and Christians have to ask for special permission to visit those sites or pray their (incase of muslims the permtions not usually granted). They havent been able to bring justice to the place and i dont even want to go in detail of how they have turned Palistine into a refugee camp. They dont deserve to control those places. When muslims were in command we showed how the three religons can coexist their. Watch History channel and NatGeo documentaries if u dont believe me or if u r in a filmy mood... Ridley Scott's The Kingdom Of Heaven will provide infotainment.

Not what i read. It is administered by Wakf Board and non-muslims i.e, Jews arent allowed to pray there even though they have probably as much right to do so. Possibly muslim pilgrims dont get a visa to visit Israel and the holy sites an understandable reaction since many muslim countries dont have diplomatic relations with Israel. As to if a Muslim administration would be any fairer ..the proof is in its pudding but given that non-muslims cannot even enter Mecca or Medina and a non-muslim cannot practice his or her faith in the muslim holy land i wouldnt put much faith in the fairness of a muslim administration.

Thanks for having the courage where others did not.

No nitpicking here. Police officers everywhere would definitely charge you with assaulting an officer with that teddy bear. In the case of the aid group, IF it is true that Israeli commandos stormed the ship armed with only paint-ball guns and sidearms, then any assault on the soldiers with kitchen knives and wooden sticks would be the equivalent of doing the same to a squad of police officers coming to execute a search warrant. You do that and see what happens to you.

Israel: Gaza aid convoy can unload cargo in Ashdod for inspection - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Is that true?

You do know they have been deleting a number of videos on the matter and posting their own BS. Paintball guns also don't kill people for all i know they could have rigged those guys. Or had Armed side arms so when they shot the guy with the paintball gun they could provoke him and kill him.

Back
Top Bottom