What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

@Zaki, that's irrelevant to this boat issue. Why the civilians attacked IDF forces, etc. Any info about that specific ship?

Nop, not enough evidence concerning this issue.

Good point.
But that's in Israel's interests. You may feel it's violating what ever, but that's concerning Israel's national security. It'll do it. We can't stop it.

But what the world cares about is Israel attacking CIVILIAN things.

Just so you know.
Yes if you raid my home with firearms, there's nothing I can do.

Take example USA in Pakistan. What do you call these drone strikes? Pak govt approve this? Afghan ops? Invasion of Iraq?

"It happens".
I support Israeal and these blockades as long as I can see that they are being peaceful. And so far, i am not convinced that the so called civilians on that boat didn't attack the IDF forces.

If it was provoked by Israel, I wouldn't be on this thread posting in favor of Israel.
Again, so far no one has proved to me that the IDF forces have provoked this issue, instead i got:

1. Indians suck ****
2. Logical reasonings on "what the people WOULDA done"
3. Is Israel allowed to search these boats?

If i bomb your home , kill half of your family members then i put a blockade and dont let any construction material in , No food to your rest of family members and starving kids & Medicine for those with gunshot wounds.

Then jigs try to bring aid to your family through peaceful means and i storm his boat and kill his fellows for providing food to your starving family.

Would you support my Blockade????

If you do then shame on you this is all i have to say for you as you have gone down to the least standard of humanity and downed yourself morally to a moronic level.

I'm waiting on this so called "probe" by EU nations.....
I'll refrain from answering incredible speculations until this report comes out.

Let's respect that and please i request people to not hate on Isreal.
:azn: We'll see how much people value this comment. (prolly none)

@Zaki, that's irrelevant to this boat issue. Why the civilians attacked IDF forces, etc. Any info about that specific ship?

Good point.
But that's in Israel's interests. You may feel it's violating what ever, but that's concerning Israel's national security. It'll do it. We can't stop it.

But what the world cares about is Israel attacking CIVILIAN things.

Just so you know.
Yes if you raid my home with firearms, there's nothing I can do.

Take example USA in Pakistan. What do you call these drone strikes? Pak govt approve this? Afghan ops? Invasion of Iraq?

"It happens".
I support Israeal and these blockades as long as I can see that they are being peaceful. And so far, i am not convinced that the civilians on that boat didn't attack the IDF forces.

So you support Somalian pirates ? Since they do the exact same thing. Isreal screwed up big on this one. They not only raided a ship in international waters they killed people on it. You can go on about how civilians attaked them but if someone comes into my house with guns to raid it i would grab anything i can and try to stop them.

More importantly Israel could have stopped them in a peaceful matter had they first came into their waters. They could have blocked off the ships or disabled their engines. They instead sent in a commando team before the ships even came into their waters and killed people on them.

Usually there are two sides to every story it is good to put yourself in Israeli shoes and think about what they were doing. Everytime i do that i say "WTF where they doing ?" I mean really ? International waters,raid,civlians dead, captured ships, removing vidoes from Youtube. You can not support them at this point unless your so biased that you just block out what happened.

I'm waiting on this so called "probe" by EU nations.....
I'll refrain from answering incredible speculations until this report comes out.

Let's respect that and please i request people to not hate on Isreal.
:azn: We'll see how much people value this comment. (prolly none)

They have brought it to themselves , is it my fault if i hate Israel for this ?

NON-DISPUTABLE FACTS

1. Israeli soldiers invaded these ships in international waters, breaking international law, and, in killing civilians, committed a war crime.

2. The Israeli government approved the boarding of these aid ships by an elite unit. They were armed with automatic weapons but not crowd dispersal equipment in case of resistance. Israel must be held responsible for sending in soldiers and recklessly endangering the lives of all the civilians on board, including a Holocaust survivor.

3. Israel has no right to control Gaza's sea. In doing so, it proves that is is still in belligerent occupation. It is occupying Gaza, then under international law Israel is responsible for the welfare of it's inhabitants. Given that the blockade has put the Palestinians there on a malnourished diet and unbearable living conditions for the past three years, Israel should long ago have been in the dock for committing a crime against humanity

Also, check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaphone_desktop_tool

If i bomb your home , kill half of your family members then i put a blockade and dont let any construction material in , No food to your rest of family members and starving kids & Medicine for those with gunshot wounds.

Oye, Israel ain't blocking the aid. The issue here is 10 people killed. & Israel searching the ships.

Now my side:
If someone in Punjab (India) shoot rockets at your house in Punjab (Pakistan) would you respond or not?

(Israel is the Pakistani Punjab, and Gaza is Indian Punjab shooting rockets)

I'm on one side, you're on another. I don't say you're wrong, but I request you look at my perspective also.

Then jigs try to bring aid to your family through peaceful means and i storm his boat and kill his fellows for providing food to your starving family.

Would you support my Blockade????

heheh, you got it wrong though. They have blockade, but they are allowing the food, and other necessities in. They are checking for weapons. And in that process.... this incident happened.

If you do then shame on you this is all i have to say for you as you have gone down to the least standard of humanity and downed yourself morally to a moronic level.

No no, again. I do NOT encourage violence. Com on man stop accusing of this again.

Have I called you a terrorist for supporting Palestine (a.k.a Hamas)?

Well, perhaps the most critical moment of Obama presidency is coming up with the votes/wording of the ongoing UNSC meeting right now. Back in December 2008--when there was a fishbowl-shoot going on in Gaza--Obama 'had plenty to say' once he became the President.
Now he is the President. Will he be like Bush? I don't know. I can tell you that NuttingYahoo would be meeting Bush tomorrow but he is not meeting Obama tomorrow--the planned meeting is cancelled. So, Mr. Obama: Will you please standup and face up the Lobbies and have a real 'change' for a change?

The Israeli Attack
Posted by JOE KLEIN Monday, May 31, 2010 at 10:37 am

Well, this certainly doesn't look good. Israeli commandos attack a flotilla of peace activists and supporters of the Palestinian cause--including a Nobel peace laureate, a holocaust survivor and the mystery writer Henning Mankell--in the waters just off Gaza. Ten are killed; several Israeli commandos are shot, apparently by activists who seized their pistols. I have several immediate reactions:

First reaction: This is an insane use of disproportionate force. It is a product of the right-wing radicalization of the Israeli government, an extremism that Peter Beinart wrote about in his recent, much debated New York Review of Books article. And it will further isolate Israel from the rest of the world. The US will be asked to condemn this behavior in the inevitable Security Council resolution--if Obama doesn't veto the resolution, there will be hell to pay among the Israelophilic leaders of the American Jewish Community. If he does veto the resolution, his outreach to the Islamic world is kaput. If he abstains, everyone is offended.

Second Reaction: But wait a minute. The blockade the Israelis were enforcing is a joint Egyptian-Israeli effort, caused by the intransigence of Hamas (which, in turn, may be a result of groups even more extreme than Hamas, a new generation of militants who may be the next wave). The sticking point is the Hamas refusal to release its Israeli Army prisoner, Gilad Shalit. And the blockade is not total--food and humanitarian supplies are allowed through by the Israelis, which renders the humanitarian aspects of the flotilla redundant. The real purpose of the flotilla is to dramatize the inhuman conditions in Gaza. But those conditions are as attributable to Hamas's behavior, especially its refusal to release Shalit and to negotiate, as they are to Israel's intransigence. If I were an Israeli--even an Israel opponent of the Netanyahu coalition--I would be utterly opposed to making concessions to an organization as historically intransigent and violent as Hamas, unless there were signs that Hamas was willing to behave more reasonably. The first such sign would be the release of Gilan Shalit.

Third Reaction: As I wrote a few months ago, the Gaza situation is--to coin a phrase--a bleeding ulcer that requires aggressive US diplomacy. That means acting as an intermediary between Hamas and Israel. I was led to believe by senior US officials at the time that there were no contacts--not even secret or third party contacts--with Hamas. That seems hard to believe. There is an obvious deal to be negotiated here: the release of Shalit in return for a limited lifting of the blockade, especially construction supplies so that the Gazans can start rebuilding their homes.

Fourth Reaction: Hamas has achieved a propaganda "victory" here and will be even less likely to negotiate immediately, enjoying every last moment of the international condemnation of Israel.

Update: Here's an Israeli account of the incident, which--in Orwellian fashion--calls it a trap set by the pro-Palestinian activists. It is claimed that the Israeli commandos were armed with paintball rifles (huh?)...but they were apparently also armed with pistols, which they used and were used against them.

Update2: Right on schedule, the Likudnik Israel-firsters over at Commentary throw down the gauntlet. It's up to "liberal zionists"--that is, people who believe in Israel but not in Likud's neo-imperialist policies--to "choose" between Israel or Hamas. Sorry, but it's a false choice...and I'm certainly not going to submit to some juvenile ultimatum thrown down by right-wing extremists whose knee-jerk support of Netanyahu's sado-masochistic coalition is hurting Israel grievously. I understand Israel's position on the Gaza blockade, though not its crazed macho military nonsense against the flotilla. I believe it's up to Hamas to initiate negotiations that will lead to the lifting of the blockade. But I also believe that Likudnik policies created Hamas just as surely as the disastrous 1982 Likudnik invasion of Lebanon created Hizballah. It is just astonishing how these shameless people can be so noisy and so wrong for so long. In truth, the one thing that might deter Netanyahu from his disastrous course might be if responsible American Jewish leaders quietly sent the message to Bibi that enough was enough, that they're happy to support reasonable acts to ensure Israel's survival, but not this Goliath-like stupidity. (It's interesting that some of the Palestinian activists were using slingshots against the IDF commandos; that's an image no Jew wants to see).

hedy&

This is Hedy Epstein. She's an 85 year old HOLOCAUST SURVIVOR.Most of her family was killed by the nazis during WWII. She survived because of the Kindertransport rescue mission. She was aboard the ship attacked by IDF when it was trying to deliver relief goods to the palestinians.

Israeli gunships head to sea to block flotilla - Yahoo! News

NON-DISPUTABLE FACTS

1. Israeli soldiers invaded these ships in international waters, breaking international law, and, in killing civilians, committed a war crime.

That's not the problem here though ;)
The world you mentioned Sweden, Germany who ever. Their reason to question Israel is because the 10 people DIED on this civilian ship!

The only country concerned with this "violation with international law" etc is TURKEY.

Again. yes this is a fact but my side of the argument is, Israel HAD to do this because to protect it's own.

2. The Israeli government approved the boarding of these aid ships by an elite unit. They were armed with automatic weapons but not crowd dispersal equipment in case of resistance. Israel must be held responsible for sending in soldiers and recklessly endangering the lives of all the civilians on board, including a Holocaust survivor.

But why did the civilians attack???? Had that civilians not charged on these commandos, I would be not supporting Israel right now. Because that then gives Israel NO reason to charge on these poor guys.

I feel devastated to hear there was a 18 month baby. Hopefully he/she is safe.

3. Israel has no right to control Gaza's sea. In doing so, it proves that is is still in belligerent occupation. It is occupying Gaza, then under international law Israel is responsible for the welfare of it's inhabitants. Given that the blockade has put the Palestinians there on a malnourished diet and unbearable living conditions for the past three years, Israel should long ago have been in the dock for committing a crime against humanity

You are very true about Israel having no right. But Israel's argument is that it's a matter of it's national security. And the US indeed agrees with it. Like it did in 2008 when Israel raided Palestine with it's mighty F-16's. Same reason US is in Afghan + Pak ;) To protect national security.

@Palestinians conditions. I condemn the fact that not enough aid is being given. But I do know that Israel does NOT BLOCK AID FROM OTHER COUNTRIES! Israel in this situation was merely checking these ships for weapons!

Might also add that cement is illegal to bring into Gaza according to Israel. Which makes me ask the question...How do they build stuff there after it is bombed ?

Oye, Israel ain't blocking the aid. The issue here is 10 people killed. & Israel searching the ships.

Now my side:
If someone in Punjab (India) shoot rockets at your house in Punjab (Pakistan) would you respond or not?

(Israel is the Pakistani Punjab, and Gaza is Indian Punjab shooting rockets)

I'm on one side, you're on another. I don't say you're wrong, but I request you look at my perspective also.

heheh, you got it wrong though. They have blockade, but they are allowing the food, and other necessities in. They are checking for weapons. And in that process.... this incident happened.

No no, again. I do NOT encourage violence. Com on man stop accusing of this again.

Have I called you a terrorist for supporting Palestine (a.k.a Hamas)?

Man you are insisting again and again on your baseless claims about zionists.

Watch this , the aid provided is forth of what is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might also add that cement is illegal to bring into Gaza according to Israel. Which makes me ask the question...How do they build stuff there after it is bombed ?

Come on man , they are Muslim arabs they dont need homes !!

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom