What's new

Israel Defense Forces

As I said before here, I have a mixed background. I am very proud of my Jewish European half and never denied that. Whats ur problem, migrant?

So you are European, what's the other half? South American? LOL! I think I know from some older place. :lol:

When Israel entered Gaza in 1967 it had average life expectancy of 45 years, not a single university or college, when Israel left Gaza in 2005 it had average life expectancy of 72 years and 7 universities and colleges.

What was this meant as and what relation does it have to the article? Your comments literally make no sense, the article is lays out Israeli expansionist policy. Are you trying to justify that because of live expectancy rate which you don't provide a source for and probably was recorded back in 48 in which all life expectancy was usually shorter. What a horrible argument if that's what you're trying to get at it. Of course I know you're using your handy dandy hasbara playbook and so do the viewers here realize your diversions and silly attempts at justification.

are jewish people also very religious like muslims???

No they aren't, they do have a smaller portion which are very observant but most Jews around the world and in Israel are secular but some consider themselves conservative Jews not in a manner of being very observant to God though. Their religion to them is to spout all day long how God favors them as a people and granted them the land of Israel. So you would think God really loves these people because they are observant, but they tell us otherwise. Many Jews don't believe in God too and omit previous religious scripture so it suits them.

However, even in their scripture it is known they broke the covenant with the Abrahmic Lord and Jesus also told them this land will go to non-Jews in which God will raise a new generation.

So you are European, what's the other half? South American? LOL! I think I know from some older place. :lol:
Central Asia.

What was this meant as and what relation does it have to the article? Your comments literally make no sense, the article is lays out Israeli expansionist policy. Are you trying to justify that because of live expectancy rate which you don't provide a source for and probably was recorded back in 48 in which all life expectancy was usually shorter.
When Israel entered Gaza it was a poor colony of Egypt. They were third class Egyptians. During the Israeli rule Gazans lived way better than Egyptians.

You can find statistics here:

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Acre/Palestine-Remembered/Story559.html

Its anti Israeli Palestinian site. You can see that from 1950 to 1970 when they were under Arab control female expectancy of Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza increased by 1 year only.

But during next 20 years, under the Israeli control it increased by 21 years.

Central Asia.

Thanks for being honest 500, so that tells you are an migrant and I am originally Palestinian. Not European or Asian or part anything....

But during next 20 years, under the Israeli control it increased by 21 years.

Sorry, that's no cutting it, had I used that site to cite information you and your comrades would heckle me over it and accuse me of spreading unreliable information. So you use it only when it suits you. This however is a random point you're trying to make which has nothing to do with that articles theme of Israeli expansionism after 1967.

Thanks for being honest 500, so that tells you are an migrant and I am originally Palestinian. Not European or Asian or part anything....
You are a migrant and I live in my country.

Sorry, that's no cutting it, had I used that site to cite information you and your comrades would heckle me over it and accuse me of spreading unreliable information. So you use it only when it suits you. This however is a random point you're trying to make which has nothing to do with that articles theme of Israeli expansionism after 1967.
I bring u proofs from Palestinian site and u still not happy. Its statistics. Here the Israeli source if u prefer:

Under Israeli rule, the Palestinians also made vast progress in social welfare. Perhaps most significantly, mortality rates in the West Bank and Gaza fell by more than two-thirds between 1970 and 1990, while life expectancy rose from 48 years in 1967 to 72 in 2000 (compared with an average of 68 years for all the countries of the Middle East and North Africa). Israeli medical programs reduced the infant-mortality rate of 60 per 1,000 live births in 1968 to 15 per 1,000 in 2000 (in Iraq the rate is 64, in Egypt 40, in Jordan 23, in Syria 22). And under a systematic program of inoculation, childhood diseases like polio, whooping cough, tetanus, and measles were eradicated.

No less remarkable were advances in the Palestinians' standard of living. By 1986, 92.8 percent of the population in the West Bank and Gaza had electricity around the clock, as compared to 20.5 percent in 1967; 85 percent had running water in dwellings, as compared to 16 percent in 1967; 83.5 percent had electric or gas ranges for cooking, as compared to 4 percent in 1967; and so on for refrigerators, televisions, and cars.

Finally, and perhaps most strikingly, during the two decades preceding the intifada of the late 1980's, the number of schoolchildren in the territories grew by 102 percent, and the number of classes by 99 percent, though the population itself had grown by only 28 percent. Even more dramatic was the progress in higher education. At the time of the Israeli occupation of Gaza and the West Bank, not a single university existed in these territories. By the early 1990's, there were seven such institutions, boasting some 16,500 students. Illiteracy rates dropped to 14 percent of adults over age 15, compared with 69 percent in Morocco, 61 percent in Egypt, 45 percent in Tunisia, and 44 percent in Syria.

What Occupation?

You are a migrant and I live in my country.

Fascinating logic, I'm an migrant to a country I was born in. Yet you who immigrated from Europe to Palestine are an original inhabitant of Palestine.

I bring u proofs from Palestinian site and u still not happy. Its statistics. Here the Israeli source if u prefer:

Proofs of what? Are you tryig to dispute specific details of the articles? If so, cite those specifics to us and give your rebuttals. So far you haven't done anything like that, alll you've done is spam statistics from a Jewish Zionist blog which is not reliable.

If you're trying to make a clear point go ahead and dispute what you want. Don't randomly divert unto a random topic of discussion thinking you're going to bury the articles in the ground because I will repost it again.

Fascinating logic, I'm an migrant to a country I was born in. Yet you who immigrated from Europe to Palestine are an original inhabitant of Palestine.
I was born as well. But you live not in ur country as ur flags show and I love in my country.

Proofs of what?
That life standards of Palestinians boosted under the Israeli rule. Life expectancy is one of the best parameters to indicate development and quality of life.

I was born as well. But you live not in ur country as ur flags show and I love in my country.

I live in the country I was born in, ethnically I'm Palestinian and ethnically you're /European, Asian. This is what matters.

That life standards of Palestinians boosted under the Israeli rule. Life expectancy is one of the best parameters to indicate development and quality of life.

You've yet to provide credible sources to prove so and also to prove the link between life expectancy and Israeli occupation. Don't confuse that with world development during that period of time.

Anyways, you quoted my article, and your statement had nothing to do with it. So it's clear you cannot dispute the content of the article and spam a random claim even if it is true, so what? What are you trying to say about it anyways?

I live in the country I was born in, ethnically I'm Palestinian and ethnically you're /European, Asian. This is what matters.
You are and Arab who lives in America (Native American land occupied by Europeans) and I am a Jewish who lives in Judea. :enjoy:

You've yet to provide credible sources to prove so and also to prove the link between life expectancy and Israeli occupation. Don't confuse that with world development during that period of time.
I are free to think that martians are reason for development. But fact remains: during the Israeli rule of Gaza life standards drastically increased, much more than during the Arab rule of Gaza.

have a nice day, migrant,

You are and Arab who lives in America (Native American land occupied by Europeans) and I am a Jewish who lives in Judea. :enjoy:

Im a Caanite, Palestinians are of mixed ancestry we aren't all Arabs that are from Saudi Arabian Arabic tribes. There's no such thing as Judea, you're an European who's family immigrated to Palestine and now Israel occupied Palestine.

I are free to think that martians are reason for development. But fact remains: during the Israeli rule of Gaza life standards drastically increased, much more than during the Arab rule of Gaza.

You didn't provide any reliable evidence to and like I said that doesn't mean anything, nobody just makes a random claim unrelated to the article unless you're trying to dispute/justify something and you won't tell us what that something is because naturally it's not possible to justify your arguments. So you absolutely disputed nothing in the article and resort to a pointless diversion.

Former Israeli soldiers break the silence on military violations | World news | theguardian.com

Transgressions by the Israeli army in the occupied Palestinian territorieswill be disclosed by a group of former soldiers in an internet campaign aimed at raising public awareness of military violations.

Video testimonies by around two dozen ex-soldiers - some of whom are identifying themselves for the first time - will be posted on YouTube. The campaign by Breaking the Silence, an organisation of former soldiers committed to speaking out on military practices, launches with English subtitles on Monday.

Some of the former soldiers describe the "neighbour procedure", a term for the use of Palestinian civilians, often children, as human shields to protect soldiers from suspected booby traps or attacks by militants. The procedure was ruled illegal by Israel's high court in 2005.

Others speak of routine harassment of civilians at checkpoints, arbitrary intimidation and collective punishment.

Idan Barir, who served in the artillery corps, describes in his testimony how an officer forced Palestinian civilians to crawl in a "race" towards a checkpoint near Jenin in the West Bank during the 2000 olive harvest. Only the first three out of "teams" of eight were allowed to pass.

Another, Itamar Schwarz, says Palestinian homes were routinely ransacked in search operations. He describes the day of the World Cup final in 2002, when soldiers confined a Palestinian woman and child in the kitchen of their home for two hours while the unit watched the game in the middle of an operation.

Arnon Degani, who served in the Golani brigade, describes the distress of a young woman who tearfully pleaded to be allowed to pass through a Jenin checkpoint in order to sit an important exam. He gradually came to understand, he says, that the Israeli army's intention was "to enforce tyranny on people who you know are regular civilians" and to "make it clear who's in control here".

"Part of the silence of Israeli society is to believe these are isolated and exceptional incidents. But these are the most routine, day-to-day, banal stories," said Yehuda Shaul, of Breaking the Silence.

Identification of the ex-soldiers willing to speak out was important, he said, "so that Israelis understand that there are people behind these stories, that in a sense we're all involved".

The former soldiers were aware of the potential legal and social consequences of going public, Shaul added. "They understand that they risk being prosecuted for what they're saying. But they're doing it because it needs to be done."

Since Breaking the Silence was launched in 2004, it has met with a hostile response from Israel's political and military establishment, partly targeting the anonymity of some witnesses. There have been attempts to discredit supporters and block funding, and its leaders have been subject to interrogation. Censure increased after it published testimony by soldiers who took part in the war on Gaza in 2008-09.

Schwarz, 29, who served in the Nahal infantry brigade between 2000 and 2003, told the Guardian that he had gone public with his testimony "because to me it's important that Israeli society is exposed to the moral price and moral experience that an Israeli soldier goes through in armed service".

The events he describes are "things that are really little, but they tell you the big picture of the occupation".

He said his army experience was "like a scar, I carry it with me. We have to talk about it, to put it out to the world. Only then can a society deal with the moral price."

Canaanite from Gaza? LOL. Learn history kid.

History goes back thousands of years.

I provided evidence from Palestinian site. Get lost kid.

Obviously one can notice how frustrated you're getting, I make your day to day job difficult for you. Of course I don't need to repeat myself again because the viewers can read the talkbacks and see the game you're playing. And you have no business telling me what to do or where to post.

Israel: White Phosphorus Use Evidence of War Crimes | Human Rights Watch

(Jerusalem) - Israel's repeated firing of white phosphorus shells over densely populated areas of Gaza during its recent military campaign was indiscriminate and is evidence of war crimes, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today.

The 71-page report, "Rain of Fire: Israel's Unlawful Use of White Phosphorus in Gaza," provides witness accounts of the devastating effects that white phosphorus munitions had on civilians and civilian property in Gaza. Human Rights Watch researchers in Gaza immediately after hostilities ended found spent shells, canister liners, and dozens of burnt felt wedges containing white phosphorus on city streets, apartment roofs, residential courtyards, and at a United Nations school. The report also presents ballistics evidence, photographs, and satellite imagery, as well as documents from the Israeli military and government.

Militaries use white phosphorus primarily to obscure their operations on the ground by creating thick smoke. It can also be used as an incendiary weapon.

"In Gaza, the Israeli military didn't just use white phosphorus in open areas as a screen for its troops," said Fred Abrahams, senior emergencies researcher at Human Rights Watch and co-author of the report. "It fired white phosphorus repeatedly over densely populated areas, even when its troops weren't in the area and safer smoke shells were available. As a result, civilians needlessly suffered and died."

The report documents a pattern or policy of white phosphorus use that Human Rights Watch says must have required the approval of senior military officers.

"For the needless civilian deaths caused by white phosphorus, senior commanders should be held to account," Abrahams said.

On February 1, Human Rights Watch submitted detailed questions to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) about its white phosphorus use in Gaza. The IDF did not provide responses, citing an internal inquiry being conducted by the Southern Command.

In the recent Gaza operations, Israeli forces frequently air-burst white phosphorus in 155mm artillery shells in and near populated areas. Each air-burst shell spreads 116 burning white phosphorus wedges in a radius extending up to 125 meters from the blast point. White phosphorus ignites and burns on contact with oxygen, and continues burning at up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit (816 degrees Celsius) until nothing is left or the oxygen supply is cut. When white phosphorus comes into contact with skin it creates intense and persistent burns.

When used properly in open areas, white phosphorus munitions are not illegal, but the Human Rights Watch report concludes that the IDF repeatedly exploded it unlawfully over populated neighborhoods, killing and wounding civilians and damaging civilian structures, including a school, a market, a humanitarian aid warehouse, and a hospital.

Israel at first denied it was using white phosphorus in Gaza but, facing mounting evidence to the contrary, said that it was using all weapons in compliance with international law. Later it announced an internal investigation into possible improper white phosphorus use.

"Past IDF investigations into allegations of wrongdoing suggest that this inquiry will be neither thorough nor impartial," Abrahams said. "That's why an international investigation is required into serious laws of war violations by all parties."

The IDF knew that white phosphorus poses life-threatening dangers to civilians, Human Rights Watch said. A medical report prepared during the recent hostilities by the Israeli ministry of health said that white phosphorus "can cause serious injury and death when it comes into contact with the skin, is inhaled or is swallowed." Burns on less than 10 percent of the body can be fatal because of damage to the liver, kidneys, and heart, the ministry report says. Infection is common and the body's absorption of the chemical can cause serious damage to internal organs, as well as death.

If the IDF intended to use white phosphorus as a smokescreen for its forces, it had a readily available non-lethal alternative to white phosphorus - smoke shells produced by an Israeli company, Human Rights Watch concluded.

All of the white phosphorus shells that Human Rights Watch found were manufactured in the United States in 1989 by Thiokol Aerospace, which was running the Louisiana Army Ammunition Plant at the time. On January 4, Reuters photographed IDF artillery units handling projectiles whose markings indicate that they were produced in the United States at the Pine Bluff Arsenal in September 1991.

To explain the high number of civilian casualties in Gaza, Israeli officials have repeatedly blamed Hamas for using civilians as "human shields" and for fighting from civilian sites. In the cases documented in the report, Human Rights Watch found no evidence of Hamas using human shields in the vicinity at the time of the attacks. In some areas Palestinian fighters appear to have been present, but this does not justify the indiscriminate use of white phosphorus in a populated area.

History goes back thousands of years.
In ancient times Gaza was a Philistine town (pagan Greeks) for over half millenia. They many rulers changed when Gaza was destroyed by Mongols and later repopulated by Egyptian migrants. So u cant be any "Canaanite". Not talking that there was never nation called Canaanites at all.

Obviously one can notice how frustrated you're getting, I make your day to day job difficult for you. Of course I don't need to repeat myself again because the viewers can read the talkbacks and see the game you're playing. And you have no business telling me what to do or where to post.
I provided u figures both from Palestinian and Israeli sources. You can only bla bla. U are unable to comprehend it, because u are a kid. Now get lost.

This crap was answered many times. Israel used standard NATO smoke WP rounds M825A1. There is no any law which forbids using such rounds. These rounds actually saved hundreds of Palestinian lives.

Back
Top Bottom