What's new

ISPR Demands apology from Munawar Hassan.

Side-Winder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RAWALPINDI: In a strong statement, Pakistan Army’s Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) condemned Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) Chief Syed Munawar Hassan’s statement in which he said Pakistan Army personnel killed while fighting “War on Terror” cannot be martyrs.

The statement said that the JI chief's statement was irresponsible and that it was only made for political point scoring.

"Munawar Hassan's statement is an insult to the thousands of Pakistani civilians and soldiers killed," the ISPR statement said.

"To declare dead terrorists as martyrs makes Munawar Hassan's remarks highly condemnable.

"Strong condemnation of his views from an overwhelming majority leaves no doubt in any one's mind that all of us are very clear on what the state of Pakistan is and who are its enemies," the stement said.

"The people of Pakistan, whose loved ones laid down their life while fighting terrorists, and families of martyrs of armed forces demand an unconditional apology from Syed Munawar Hassan for hurting their feelings. It is also expected that Jamaat-i-Islami should clearly state its party position on the subject," said the ISPR staement.

JI chief's remarks an insult to Pakistanis killed: ISPR - DAWN.COM

993466_679630232055832_1134823145_n.jpg

1391789_679631602055695_2032074971_n.jpg

960211_679630905389098_891503631_n.jpg

Nabi Pak (S.A.W.W) ki Hadith Mubarak hai Muslman wo jis k hath se aur zuban se dosray muslman mehfooz rehay.
Kia Pak army n Masajid pr aur aam public place pr suicide hamlay kyie.
Munwar Hassan n kia soch samaj k bayan dia.

Munawar Hassan is nOt Mufti. nor he has that much knowledge and power that he can give or deny status or martyr to someone.

Do we need a Mullah to tell us that our soldiers have laid down their lives for us , really ? Whats this obsession with Ulemas proving everything to the nation ? :azn:

Do we need a Mullah to tell us that our soldiers have laid down their lives for us , really ? Whats this obsession with Ulemas proving everything to the nation ? :azn:
well your post translate my expression. if some one from Munawar sabs home get killed by Terrorists he wont say like that...

well your post translate my expression. if some one from Munawar sabs home get killed by Terrorists he wont say like that...

No , I want to know about the nation's obsession with " Mullah/Ulemas " proving things to them instead of using common sense/logic/facts to come up with their own conclusion . I mean why is it ? Has the God not granted us with a free and critical thinking brain ? Why not use it sometimes ?

I am quite sure , his statement in such case , would have been completely different .

Last edited:
Munawwar is terrorist TTP sympathizer, if he was in any other country of the world he would be charged for being a traitor. But this happens only in Pakistan where Politicians(especially the main parties like PML-N & PTI along with minor JI), Media & Judiciary has joined hands to defame & bring down the Military & for that they will even insult Pakistan's National Heroes.:tdown::tdown::tdown:

from now on wards any one, who seems to be with, JI in any form on PDF i will, make his life misserible?
even its PTI, or its supporters, till you are with JI in KPK govt, you should face the nations anger togather with your , partnerr JI!

Real face of Jamaat e Islami(JI) and Jamiat ulema islam(JUI) is exposed... Now, we have solid reason to ban it...
And kudos to ISPR. This is very timely statement ......

I was really expecting some widespread protests and condemnation by common people/nation against these pro Taliban parties and their leaders but sadly and unfortunately , it didn't happen . The Army has used strong words and if the JI and JUI do not mend their ways and offer a half hearted " apology " , something really worst will be coming for them .

Real face of Jamaat e Islami(JI) and Jamiat ulema islam(JUI) is exposed... Now, we have solid reason to ban it...
And kudos to ISPR. This is very timely statement ......
Btw
whats IK statment on that?
if PTI also not come out , & protest against it, that means PTI is with JI & JUI , so should be banned alltogather? right?

Back
Top Bottom