What's new

ISPR Demands apology from Munawar Hassan.

I was really expecting some widespread protests and condemnation by common people/nation against these pro Taliban parties and their leaders but sadly and unfortunately , it didn't happen . The Army has used strong words and if the JI and JUI do not mend their ways and offer a half hearted " apology " , something really worst will be coming for them .
it would be for every one not only, for the ones who are doing openly, anyone from now onwards, would be & should be watched & punished soon?
even that means a massive/brutal clean up like EGYPT?

Btw
whats IK statment on that?
if PTI also not come out , & protest against it, that means PTI is with JI & JUI , so should be banned alltogather? right?

PTI has learnt to be a political party. Their leader made a statement that they do not support the Taliban but are pro-peace.

PTI has learnt to be a political party. Their leader made a statement that they do not support the Taliban but are pro-peace.
no its not, enough they should sent JI out of govt, these showing stuff time is over!
sorry!
plz place a link, of his statement!
thanks

It's a pity that ISPR had to come up and condemn Munawar for his statements. It's the job of the government to boost morale of its armed forces. Unfortunately government led by NS is busy fawning to TTP warlords, harping the raga of dialogue again and over again.

no its not, enough they should sent JI out of govt, these showing stuff time is over!
sorry!
plz place a link, of his statement!
thanks

Off course it may not be enough in a moral sense.. as such the JI should have been outlawed right there and then. But the result would be mass riots and further civil war. It is better to use personal threats and backdoor "chapairs" to get Munawwar Hassan back in line or to shut up.

And this is the news report on that apparently.

It's a pity that ISPR had to come up and condemn Munawar for his statements. It's the job of the government to boost morale of its armed forces. Unfortunately government led by NS is busy fawning to TTP warlords, harping the raga of dialogue again and over again.

Government knows very well that it has to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that it tried negotiating with TTP - that is to ensure that it has public sympathies if it ever decides to launch an Army operation.

That said Army itself has indulged in politics one too many times, there is no political party today which trusts PA. Most of them fear that post-American withdrawal PA will cozy up to Taliban once again and the political parties which started the operation would be left out to face the wrath of TTP. Secondly it was Zia not some civilian who started this mess. Pushtoons have genuine complaints that they were used as cheap cannon fodder in Afghanistan and now PA is hunting down the Jehadis it created itself. If this situation is not handled carefully it can lead much more severe problems.

I was really expecting some widespread protests and condemnation by common people/nation against these pro Taliban parties and their leaders but sadly and unfortunately , it didn't happen . The Army has used strong words and if the JI and JUI do not mend their ways and offer a half hearted " apology " , something really worst will be coming for them .

Mon Ami.. I tell you again and again.. the people want the Taliban. They want to experience it and hence it should happen. They want to have a situation worse than Afghanistan and that is what they deserve. Pack your bags.. head out.. This land is dead and not even the Army can save it because they need the support of the people for it. There is None..be that willingly or unwillingly.

Mon Ami.. I tell you again and again.. the people want the Taliban. They want to experience it and hence it should happen. They want to have a situation worse than Afghanistan and that is what they deserve. Pack your bags.. head out.. This land is dead and not even the Army can save it because they need the support of the people for it. There is None..be that willingly or unwillingly.

Perish the thought Oscar jee, nothing of sort is going to happen. TTP phenomenon has already reached its peak and is slowly diminishing.

I posted before that the insensitivity and digestion of such a statement by a influential political party by public and no mass protests or demonstrations by the people points to something very dangerous and heart breaking - its something I referred to as an absolute and firm proof of the theory of "radicalized masses" . Why haven't the people learnt from the Swatis experience of Taliban after their deep love and dream of Sharia came true ? What is the reason behind this ? Why do these people want Pakistan exactly as Afghanistan " the graveyard " and return back to the stone age ? The army sure cant do much of course , in this era of confusion and lack of public support , if this continues , the moral of the forces will go down further . The ISPR had to say something , in absence of any public opposition to the statement , now didn't they ?

Last edited:

Situation start changing when they are at there worst and look hopeless, its not the people of Pakistan attitude but the dithering undecided leadership/Govt since past many years has brought things to such a pass. In such cases people too start thinking of destructive options i.e Taliban in this case

I come across Taliban sympathizers everyday.... you won't find change till the mindset of the people change

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom