What's new

Islamic State shoots down MI-35 with Fn-6 MANPAD

Worrying indeed, where did they get all these weapons from? Which country makes these manpads?
It's a Chinese FN-6 MANPADS which have been supplied to Syrian insurgent groups, allegedly with Qatari assistance.

This raises questions about the effectiveness of the countermeasures on Russian Mi-35Ms, all of which have been delivered from Russia in the past year. The countermeasures include the Adron KT-01 AVE Adros infrared jamming system and flare dispensers which seem to be ineffective.

It's a Chinese FN-6 MANPADS which have been supplied to Syrian insurgent groups, allegedly with Qatari assistance.

This raises questions about the effectiveness of the countermeasures on Russian Mi-35Ms, all of which have been delivered from Russia in the past year. The countermeasures include the Adron KT-01 AVE Adros infrared jamming system and flare dispensers which seem to be ineffective.

I think the training of the Iraq pilot is to be desire too. If chaff/flares dispensers are released too early. They are no way to fend off the missile. FN-6 has very good digital infra seeker and not to be easily fool by counter measures. The skill and experience of the pilots are essential in these real wartime.

Syrian rebel fighters have been pictured eagerly unpacking Chinese-made surface-to-air missile launchers understood to have been smuggled into the country by African arms dealers.

Taken in a remote area north of the city of Aleppo, the photographs show fighters from the Free Syrian Army assembling FN-6 anti-aircraft missile launchers for use against soldiers loyal to the Assad regime.

Pics here.
Syrian rebels unpack new surface-to-air missiles from China | Daily Mail Online

FN-6 is superior to QW1/2. During the demonstration to arabs delegate, it impressed the Qatars and Saudis and they ordered large number of them.
China is another state that support terrorists states like Saudi and Qatar what's the difference between China and the others so far none they kill millions of kids women unarmed men for money.

China is another state that support terrorists states like Saudi and Qatar what's the difference between China and the others so far none they kill millions of kids women unarmed men for money.
Tell that to the number one country for democracy (USA) who has been doing that for decades and fueling the Middle East crisis. Lecturing China will not make your clause. If you are so holy. Why Iraq purchase billions of weapon from US?

Tell that to the number one country for democracy (USA) who has been doing that for decades and fueling the Middle East crisis. Lecturing China will not make your clause. If you are so holy. Why Iraq purchase billions of weapon from US?
To arm them self.

To arm them self.
That is self contradicting. You do not like China policy and yet you buy arms from a country whose policy is no different from China. Dont buy any arms from US and you have the right to criticize. If not, your ranting is as good as double standard. Becos your arm purchase is fueling US arms to Saudi and Qatar too.

That is self contradicting. You do not like China policy and yet you buy arms from a country whose policy is no different from China. Dont buy any arms from US and you have the right to criticize. If not, your ranting is as good as double standard. Becos your arm purchase is fueling US arms to Saudi and Qatar too.
The deal is our view about China's image is difference than the others.

Why would China want to support FSA or ISIS ? China has always been on Syrian govenment's side. China has huge invesment in Iraqi oil field, the longer civil war lasts in Iraq the more money we lose.

Those weapons where sold to Sudan, some corrupt officials put it on black market then they were bought by Qataris. That's out of China's control.

Last edited:
Before we check out who gave it to the ISIS, don't say that early. The ISIS fighter has U.S M4 and M1 tank, has Russia AK and China Fn-6, how they get them ???

If ISIS get weapons from original Official Army or background BOSS gave to them, this businesss out Chinese control.

Just take them back, less complaint.

Before we check out who gave it to the ISIS, don't say that early. The ISIS fighter has U.S M4 and M1 tank, has Russia AK and China Fn-6, how they get them ???

If ISIS get weapons from original Official Army or background BOSS gave to them, this businesss out Chinese control.

Just take them back, less complaint.
You my Chinese friends never got my point.

You my Chinese friends never got my point.
I just hope BeiJing can provide more weapons to Iraq Army against ISIS, anti-terrorist both China and Iraq governments stand the same side,coz China also threaded by the terrorism.

So what's ur suggestion, if really Qatar/ Saudi bought China weapons and gave to ISIS in Iraq or ISIS members captured such weapons from Syria Battle ? What China should do to deal with this case ?

I just hope BeiJing can provide more weapons to Iraq Army against ISIS, anti-terrorist both China and Iraq governments stand the same side,coz China also threaded by the terrorism.

So what's ur suggestion, if really Qatar/ Saudi bought China weapons and gave to ISIS in Iraq or ISIS members captured such weapons from Syria Battle ? What China should do to deal with this case ?
See my friend I know China has every rights to sell weapons to some countries that really in need for those weapons to defend their home no doubt about it but some other countries have no interest in chinese weapons thy buy them to arm some groups that work to destabilize some countries that are not aligned with the buyers do you follow me please.

for instance selling weapons to country like Iraq with an elected regime or Pakistan or Bangladish these countries arm them self to stay safe and intact but a country declare war on another country regime just because that regime not aligned with it that is absolutely unwise.

any way all I'm looking for to see peace in my country so I feel my family and the families are safe.

Sorry for bothering you.

Back
Top Bottom