What's new

Is this the end of Pakistan? Have the colonial traitors sold the nation out?

Serious question, why don't you diaspora guys come back to Pakistan and try to make country a better place? I mean, I spent a decade outside Pak and yet came back, why can't you?
Maybe because 1 crore diaspora are doing more than 220 millions of us sitting on our arses?

Dar is now literally begging (through charitable orgs) diaspora Pakistanis to send in charity in USD.

Come on man, stop being a pussey

Nothing is going to happen, Afghanistan is a dump

We are a nation of 230 million, our deaths due to terrorism are a few hundred

Multiple times more people die in traffic accidents or accidentally shooting themselves and other crap

What we have is a situation to get through and a corrupt system that won't allow change

So IK was changing things, and would most likely had a bigger majority in next elections and he would have really cleared house

So everyone got together to remove him

PPP, PMLN, MQM, ANP, JUIF, everyone was involved, everyone was guilty

Fundamentally they have failed and will continue to fail, it's up to the people then to give a big majority to IK so he can bring Change

I mean one possible reason is the current thread we are in... purposefully engineered collapse
But why? That's the million dollar question.

Did foreign vested interests buy all the decision makers of this country?
All they all part of some doomsday cult?

Then why is there no one in the army who can put a stop to this?
Because, they don't want mutiny in the ranks? There won't be an army left nor a Pakistan to defend if this goes on.

Serious question, why don't you diaspora guys come back to Pakistan and try to make country a better place? I mean, I spent a decade outside Pak and yet came back, why can't you?

Yaar we are giving you idiots 32/33 billion per year in remittances

What the fcuk else do you want?

What exactly have you given us

Come on man, stop being a pussey

Nothing is going to happen, Afghanistan is a dump

We are a nation of 230 million, our deaths due to terrorism are a few hundred

Multiple times more people die in traffic accidents or accidentally shooting themselves and other crap

What we have is a situation to get through and a corrupt system that won't allow change

So IK was changing things, and would most likely had a bigger majority in next elections and he would have really cleared house

So everyone got together to remove him

PPP, PMLN, MQM, ANP, JUIF, everyone was involved, everyone was guilty

Fundamentally they have failed and will continue to fail, it's up to the people then to give a big majority to IK so he can bring Change
Don't jump to conclusions. They are 100% planning to rig the elections, to deny him 2/3rd majority in the very least. And IK will at best hold a few rallies and go back home or be killed.

There's 18 hours loadshedding going on here every other day, IN WINTERS. You think they are going into elections fair and square, after summer 2023?

But why? That's the million dollar question.

Did foreign vested interests buy all the decision makers of this country?
All they all part of some doomsday cult?

Then why is there no one in the army who can put a stop to this?
Because, they don't want mutiny in the ranks? There won't be an army left nor a Pakistan to defend if this goes on.
These are questions I ask myself, and perhaps that's exactly why they aren't doing it straight up. They are purposefully triggering a collapse by crashing the economy, triggering ethnic division, making stupid decisions/statements, while foolishly assuring others within their rank that everything will be fine, perhaps even telling them lies.

That's until shit begins to hit the fan like it did in 1971, and eventually collapses.

A handful of powerful people can engineer a set of chain reactions and we might be witnessing them right now.

Honestly, because it's a sh1thole and it'd be unfair on my children and my parents.

My father left as a teenager to labour in a foreign country all his life so he could provide economic support to his parents and siblings. Now that he is retired and ill health, to persue a passion project, I should either abandon him in the UK or take him to Pakistan where the healthcare he requires is absent.

After taking advantage of all the opportunities the UK has provided me, the son of a working class immigrant, I was able to study, go to Uni (state paid my fees back in the good old days), i got a fair shot in the job market, i was able to make very good money and build wealth, why should I deny my children the same opportunity? What quality of education is available in Pakistan? What job market is available in that country? If my kids turn out to be dunces can they live a life of basic dignity on the wages a Pakistani labourer makes? If they do well, they'll have their wings clipped by corruption and crime. Why would I take them into that?

We want Pakistan to be successful so that we no longer have to straddle both boats. Every overseas on this forum is straddling two boats whether they like to admit it or not. I'm not going to sacrifice my kids future just to be there though. I'm a realist. I expect the people who form government to fix a country.

Honestly, if i thought just about myself, I have a good business running in the UK, i work in IT could easily work from Pakistan as a contractor. I could afford a nice house in the nice parts of Islamabad, could take a couple of nice cars over with me, invest in a few businesses whilst im there - i could live a very good life in Pakistan - but why should I make it so hard potentially for the people I care for?

InshAllah I do plan too in the future
And when exactly is going to be that future? Lemme guess in old age? Why not come earlier, start a business and provide employment to people instead of sending doles to your family?

Maybe because 1 crore diaspora are doing more than 220 millions of us sitting on our arses?

Dar is now literally begging (through charitable orgs) diaspora Pakistanis to send in charity in USD.
Why don't they come back here and do here what they are doing in foreign lands?

You are not giving me/us anything, you are giving your family members.

Also, I don't owe you anything.

Honestly, because it's a sh1thole and it'd be unfair on my children and my parents.
In other words, no intention of ever coming back, right? So why the rona dhona day about a country which you already left and have no intention of ever coming back? May be forget about this place and live your life to the fullest in west?

And when exactly is going to be that future? Lemme guess in old age? Why not come earlier, start a business and provide employment to people instead of sending doles to your family?

Why don't they come back here and do here what they are doing in foreign lands?

You are not giving me/us anything, you are giving your family members.

Also, I don't owe you anything.
Honestly, sometimes I wish circumstances would just forces all overseas Pakistani's to return.

We'd have a massive positive impact, you've been abroad, you've seen what successful societies are.

Have a cry, feel better than delete this. Pakistan has not seen anything yet.

You want to know what hell is, ask an Afghan, Iraqi, Somali, Yemeni, Syrian, Libyan, Palestinian.

The vast majority in our country have a roof over their head, they're eating every day.

The ones that are eating right now are those who are receiving remittances from overseas family members or they are the elites who are benefitting directly from the rotten system. Even those assholes prefer to settle abroad after they had their fill.

I dont know how you can defend army, especially after the last 10 months. The army for the last 70 years has systemically destroyed all institutions to strengthen its hold on the country. No more do we blame the likes of Sharifs, Bhuttos, Zardaris, it is their enablers who are the problem. If nothing else the past 10 months have been a blessing, exposing the establishment. We are slowly heading to a boiling point.

If a million or more of the best expatriates return and start the country from scratch like Israel on the principles of ethics, morality (in public domain) and meritocracy along with their skills and capital, I think there is still a possibility of rescuing the country from going the way of failed states.

The ones that are eating right now are those who are receiving remittances from overseas family members or they are the elites who are benefitting directly from the rotten system. Even those assholes prefer to settle abroad after they had their fill.

I dont know how you can defend army, especially after the last 10 months. The army for the last 70 years has systemically destroyed all institutions to strengthen its hold on the country. No more do we blame the likes of Sharifs, Bhuttos, Zardaris, it is their enablers who are the problem. If nothing else the past 10 months have been a blessing, exposing the establishment. We are slowly heading to a boiling point.

Please just search my posts - i'm not defending those idiots, i just think we benefit from having a pity party.

We're men, we have to be strong. We have to look to make solutions, first for ourselves, then those around us.

Secular and corruption free government. Equal rights for minorities and removal of blasphemy law. Transparent law enforcement and court system. Violent crime reduction by 80%. Identify and treat the mentally ill and section them. Strong laws on pedophiles and sexual predators targeting women. Robust medical care that treats all ailments and an ambulance service with a 30 minute wait time at the most. A developed city centre, just 1 or 2 mile stretch of a jahil free zone. Good employment opportunities and guarantee continuous employment for at least 10 years on return based on performance ofcourse.

Give us that and we will return. The brain drain will reverse and Pakistan will become 1st world within 20 years.

@Valar. did you feel you learnt from your experience abroad? Did your expectations of what a country should be like change?

I think there is as much value in sending Pakistani's abroad for 6-12 months to see the world, even if it's for a few weeks to go on holidays.

I think the people who come back will be less likely to settle for the BS of tarmaccing roads and signing off govt jobs.

Back
Top Bottom