What's new

Is there any supersonic / hypersonic missile being developed by Pakistan?

ok people, india has now tested its brahmos missile.... Now what will be pakistan's answer to it? Is pakistan goin to test another cruise missile or an anti missile??
How can pakistan change respond to todays test??

ok people, india has now tested its brahmos missile.... Now what will be pakistan's answer to it? Is pakistan goin to test another cruise missile or an anti missile??
How can pakistan change respond to todays test??
A country inducts somethings when there is need.....Inducting something merely because our neighbours did doesn't make sense. We already have enough to answer.

Every country have it own needs...

Why does india needs to test the missile after such an aweful ot of time? The answer is that yere are still flaws in the system...

Dont be intimidated by BrahMos II as they call it..
Brahmos I was the non working show piece...For boasting only..
BrahMos II is the "May be working" prototype.:no::no::D

Now wait for a Brahmos III which may work half of the times.....

I still maintain..Why NASA's X-51 Hyoersonic missile is stil not operational after over 30 years of experimenting and wgy one and only one country in the world is claiming to have a working Supersonic Cruise missile?

If the idea was so succesfull,we had seen many countries in the world doing the same..But we havent seen any...

There must be a catch..

Buddy let them believe whatever they want, we all know how much our Indian friends love to brag. The US has spent hundreds of billions of dollars and boast the finest technological and research base in the world, but are yet to field an ABM system thats 100% effective. The Indians have just started working on their ABM project and they possess a fraction of the technological base that the Americans possess but they have started to boast. Pakistan's missile technology is something that we all Pakistanis could be proud off, you would be surprised how advanced it is. Trust me if there was ever any chance of India intercepting all our missiles successfully, there would have been a huge fuss at the GHQ right now. Here's an old article but a very effective one, give it a read.

Pakistani Strategic Missiles Can Penetrate Proposed Indian Ballistic Missile Defence Shield: Gen. Musharraf

July 26, 2005: President Gen. Pervez Musharraf said on Monday Pakistan has the potential and the missile capability to meet any challenge anywhere from the world. In his second high-profile meeting with the Lahore’s media here at the Governor House on Monday, President Musharraf set aside the general perception among the people vis-a-vis growing Indo-US overall cooperation and its fallout on the balance of power in the subcontinent, saying Pakistan was aware of the potential threat and was taking concrete measures in specific areas where it felt necessary to counter any threat. Punjab Governor Lt-Gen (retd) Khalid Maqbool, Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and Federal Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed were also there. Earlier, speaking on the Indo-US agreement and overall relations, the president said Pakistan had nothing to worry about the developments in this connection. He said Pakistan had its own independent relations with the US. "We are a powerful nuclear country, having 150 million people. We have a status in the Ummah and the world. We just cannot be ignored. Pakistan is aware of its defence needs, and will never compromise on it. We have the missile capability, which enables us to meet any challenge from anywhere in the world."

Responding to a query vis-a-vis the chances of induction of Patriot Missile System in the Indian forces, Musharraf said the probable acquisition of Patriot Missile System by India was not a concern for Pakistan for neither the system had high accuracy kill-ratio nor the capability to neutralize the effectiveness of Pakistan’s missile inventory. Speaking about the possible induction of Patriot batteries as a professional soldier, the president established Pakistan had the technology to penetrate even if India acquired the Patriot System from the United States. Explaining his point, the president said the Patriots had a kill-probability of around 40 per cent, which implied 60 per cent of the fired missiles could sneak through. Secondly, he maintained, the Scud missiles fired by Iraq evaded Patriots in the Gulf War. Moreover, he said while explaining the technical features of the Patriot System, the system had been developed during the Cold War era. It had a specific response time, keeping in view of the distance between the two Cold War adversaries. It has a response time of 15 to 18 minutes for locating and shooting down the incoming missile. In Pakistan’s case, the response time of the system would not be appropriate for the capability Pakistan had would not give the opponents more than five to six minutes. "And, to top it all, our capability, which we have tested and is no secret, goes in the atmosphere. And when it drops down, it sheds its body in the air. The remaining part is the warhead, which is as small as ten feet, and hard to hit."

In addition to this, the president said it would be quite difficult for India to install such an expensive system for defending multiple targets. For defending say 20 targets, it would have to deploy 1,000-2,000 missiles. Even if that defence mechanism stopped five incoming missiles, another five would penetrate. "So, there is no danger to Pakistan. We are aware of the developments in the region. Where we feel we have problems at our hands, we will rectify. We will not compromise on our defence. Moreover, he said, "The US has assured me the agreement it has signed with India is energy-related. It is not weapon-related. There is a clause in this agreement that it would not be put to effect till the time India clearly divides its weapon-related nuclear projects from the energy-related ones. It’s not an easy job. "Responding to a question about possible Indian backtrack on the gas-pipeline issue, Musharraf said Pakistan itself was interested in purchasing gas from Iran at this point in time. He explained Pakistan was not interested in buying the gas two years back, but the rapid growth in the country warranted more gas supplies. "So, if India is still interested, welcome. If not, we don’t have any worries. Whether or not India is on board, it doesn’t matter to us." The president said he had some information on the possible shift in the Indian position with regard to the same issue.

Speaking about Afghanistan, Musharraf again regretted the statements originating from there. He said Pakistan was concerned about the situation in Afghanistan for it had suffered along with it. Pakistan wished to help, and move together towards a better future. However, Pakistan would neither take nor needed any advice from any side. He said Pakistan had enough of dictations. "Don’t push us to retaliate. Mind your own country. Don’t tell us what to do. We will not tolerate wrong accusations from anywhere." When asked if some western plans were in place to make Pakistan compromise its nuclear program, especially in the backdrop of the ongoing blame-game, President Musharraf said, "If you believe me, zero. No pressure, whatsoever. Not even with regard to Dr Khan." He said the country’s atomic and nuclear program was moving ahead ten times faster than before. The President added Pakistan had the resources. "We will not accept any pressure from any side." However, he said the world had suspicion, regarding the chances of the capability going in the wrong hands. He said if Pakistan proved to them that would never happen, they would have no objection to the country’s nuclear and missile program.

Pakistani Strategic Missiles Can Penetrate Proposed Indian Ballistic Missile Defence Shield: Gen. Musharraf

Is musharaf Phd holder in nuclear and missile physics. And also this article is 5 year old . India is not purcahsing patriot. India is making its own ABM named PAD AND AAD. any way if Pakistan think in this way good for India. Cheer up. :yahoo:

Is musharaf Phd holder in nuclear and missile physics. And also this article is 5 year old . India is not purcahsing patriot. India is making its own ABM named PAD AND AAD. any way if Pakistan think in this way good for India. Cheer up. :yahoo:

He is not a PHD but is a graduate of National Defence College and Royal College of Defence Studies; he was also the COAS, a position which is not reached easily. So let me get this straight, the Indian fanboys believe that Indian ABM is more advanced than the Patriot Missile System :lol:. First the Indian fanboys were cheering that PAKFA and SU30MKI are superior to the Raptor and now this :lol:, actually this sort of thinking will benefit Pakistan :pakistan:. You guys really are brainwashed to the core, all HAIL Indian Propaganda :victory:

Why does india needs to test the missile after such an aweful ot of time? The answer is that yere are still flaws in the system...

Dont be intimidated by BrahMos II as they call it..
Brahmos I was the non working show piece...For boasting only..
BrahMos II is the "May be working" prototype.:no::no::D

Now wait for a Brahmos III which may work half of the times.....
The reason why brahmos undergoes so much testing is not because it has flaws. It has more to do with the number of variants in which this missile is intended to be fielded.

Variants
* Ship launched, Anti-Ship variant (operational)
* Ship launched, Land attack variant (operational)
* Land launched, Land attack variant (operational)
* Land launched, Anti-Ship variant (existence not confirmed)
* Air launched, Anti-Ship variant (development)
* Air launched, Land attack variant (development)
* Submarine launched, Anti-Ship variant (development)
* Submarine launched, Land attack variant (development)

As for the block thingy... With each block they add newer features to the existing missile. It's the same as developing newer block/models of fighter jets.
BrahMos Block—II land—attack cruise missiles (LACM), which have been designed as “precision strike weapons” capable of hitting small targets in cluttered urban environment.

BrahMos—II can potentially be used for “surgical strikes” at terror training camps across the border without causing collateral damage.

The BrahMos Block—II variant has been developed to take out a specific small target, with a low radar cross—section, in a multi—target environment.

I still maintain..Why NASA's X-51 Hyoersonic missile is stil not operational after over 30 years of experimenting and wgy one and only one country in the world is claiming to have a working Supersonic Cruise missile?
US has the technical know how to develop a ramjet supersonic missile at will. But I guess they decided it was not necessary for them as they already had overwhelming superiority over its adversaries. Instead they are looking at hypersonic missiles and development is going on just fine. BTW how is X-51 30 years old project?

If the idea was so succesfull,we had seen many countries in the world doing the same..But we havent seen any...

There must be a catch..

Better update your info about supersonic cruise missiles.:rolleyes:
Cruise missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
BrahmosII is for surgical strikes.
Brahmos I and II are different technogically, don't go by the name.
BrahmosIII is altogether a different concept, it would have speeds of 6000Km/Hr, and ready by 2015.

The company making them is Brahmos,, thats why they are being called Brahmos I , II and III.

It would be better if detailed analysis was done on its capabilities and short comings.
Just presuming that it would fail or is a failure is giving false satisfaction.

i am commenting just to say that i am leaving this forum. Such a hopeless country we are that people are dying of hunger, there is floods, there is other social problems and what our citizens are worried about is if we are making supersonic missiles to counter india's brahmos project. No wonder our presidents are incompetent and well in simple words assholes, they are a reflection of our public. Well i have officially given up you guys can develope supersonic cruise missiles and stealth fighters and when theres nothing left of this country, maybe your missiles will keep you happy and keep your self esteem boosting. And one more thing, thinking that we have a so called competition with india is the stupidest thing i have heard considering that india i years away from becoming a super power and we are centuries away from, well becoming a stable country. Let alone the fact that our leaders know nothing about running the country and just because one powerful leader tried to open pakistan up to the world (referring to sir pervaiz musharaf) we consider his government too westernised. Well congratulations now we have zardari who literally sucks up to the west, he may even make all pakistanis lick obamas feet if he is asked to so here you go. And frankly we all deserve this. Pakistan is the melting point, it is where everything is going wrong and we still too proud to think that hang on maybe what we are doing is wrong, or maybe we could do something to bring back the ideals of the quaid and the pakistani values. Well i think i have said enough, maybe a good start for pakistani people would be to follow 3 simple rules, unity faith discipline. and then maybe invest in people rather than cruise missiles because a bigger threat to our country is it falling apart, not india.

sodocpkgj

Although is decission is yours to stay or leave, however It would have been nice if you could
have pressed on with rational.

Remember quitting is the easy thing to do; holding your breath, tolerating and arguing with logic is different.

Never choose the easy way out.

I've heard rumors about ICBM / MIRV being developed by Pakistan but is there any response to BrahMos threat?
:pakistan::china:
To the original poster...

If you mean to counter the Brahmos threat, then Pakistan would have to invest in Point Defence Missile Systems (PDMS) as well as CIWS technology. Most VLS-based short to medium-range SAMs can also help address the Brahmos threat. Pakistan certainly has its options, such as the Chinese FL-3000N, the Turkish T-MAIADMIS/MALADMIS, the South African Umkhonto-IR/R etc.

As for Pakistan developing supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles, I don't know of any such programs. However, it was offered ramjet technology by South Africa in 1999, and we do know that Pakistan has demonstrated ability to develop turbojet engines for its Babur and Ra'ad cruise missiles. In addition, the Turkish company Roketsan is also developing ramjet technology for missiles.

If there is a need for supersonic and hypersonic missiles, then we know Pakistan has the means and options to undertake its development.

BrahmosII is for surgical strikes.
Brahmos I and II are different technogically, don't go by the name.
BrahmosIII is altogether a different concept, it would have speeds of 6000Km/Hr, and ready by 2015.

The company making them is Brahmos,, thats why they are being called Brahmos I , II and III.

It would be better if detailed analysis was done on its capabilities and short comings.
Just presuming that it would fail or is a failure is giving false satisfaction.

You dont look at the funny(sarcastic) side of my comments...Life doesnt have to be serious all the time..:azn:

i am commenting just to say that i am leaving this forum. Such a hopeless country we are that people are dying of hunger, there is floods, there is other social problems and what our citizens are worried about is if we are making supersonic missiles to counter india's brahmos project. No wonder our presidents are incompetent and well in simple words assholes, they are a reflection of our public. Well i have officially given up you guys can develope supersonic cruise missiles and stealth fighters and when theres nothing left of this country, maybe your missiles will keep you happy and keep your self esteem boosting. And one more thing, thinking that we have a so called competition with india is the stupidest thing i have heard considering that india i years away from becoming a super power and we are centuries away from, well becoming a stable country. Let alone the fact that our leaders know nothing about running the country and just because one powerful leader tried to open pakistan up to the world (referring to sir pervaiz musharaf) we consider his government too westernised. Well congratulations now we have zardari who literally sucks up to the west, he may even make all pakistanis lick obamas feet if he is asked to so here you go. And frankly we all deserve this. Pakistan is the melting point, it is where everything is going wrong and we still too proud to think that hang on maybe what we are doing is wrong, or maybe we could do something to bring back the ideals of the quaid and the pakistani values. Well i think i have said enough, maybe a good start for pakistani people would be to follow 3 simple rules, unity faith discipline. and then maybe invest in people rather than cruise missiles because a bigger threat to our country is it falling apart, not india.

Well .. may be this forum doesnt suit everybody...
Looking at the bright side and distracting yourself from your short comings,occasionally..is good for health..and i mean mental health..
Otherwise you end up..................Quitting...

To the original poster...

If you mean to counter the Brahmos threat, then Pakistan would have to invest in Point Defence Missile Systems (PDMS) as well as CIWS technology. Most VLS-based short to medium-range SAMs can also help address the Brahmos threat. Pakistan certainly has its options, such as the Chinese FL-3000N, the Turkish T-MAIADMIS/MALADMIS, the South African Umkhonto-IR/R etc.

As for Pakistan developing supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles, I don't know of any such programs. However, it was offered ramjet technology by South Africa in 1999, and we do know that Pakistan has demonstrated ability to develop turbojet engines for its Babur and Ra'ad cruise missiles. In addition, the Turkish company Roketsan is also developing ramjet technology for missiles.

If there is a need for supersonic and hypersonic missiles, then we know Pakistan has the means and options to undertake its development.

We got talented scientists who work wonders in a matter of weeks...When the need arises,we will have SCRAM jets and all...

Before reading this thread i did not know much about supersonic Cruise missles..But thanks to this ongoing debate and members who referred me links,i have read much about this technology..
I realize that its not a new technology at all..Coutries have developed Supersonic cruise missiles in the past,and then came back to sub sonic cruise missiles..Not to mention that the world's most succesful cruise missile the TomaHawk is sub sonic..Not super sonic..

Yes Indian scientists have done Praisable work in developing a Supersonic Missile..and now that i have read much on the subject..It looks like BrahMos actually works..

But then again..do we really need to worry about it? Looking at the fact that we have an aweful lot of missiles that are cheaper to produce and upgradable..we dont really need to go all ambitious,and start investing in immature technologies...such as ABMs and Super sonic cruise missiles....

Don't get all wrapped up over the scary phrase "supersonic cruise missile." They've been around since the 1950's, and they are called ICBM's. The simple truth is that any re-entry vehicle is hypersonic, and the technology to intercept them is ongoing, and bearing fruit. Air-breathing or not, the algorithms are much the same.

Anything hypersonic is going to be above 50,000 feet / 17,000 meters. They are exposed to powerful search radars, and the chances of intercept are not insignificant.

In the mean time, retaliatory weapons can be loaded on a freighter or submarine, driven into port, and detonated. Once the nuclear genie is out of the bottle, and a country has a nuclear arsenal (not just 2 or 3 bombs) NOTHING can stop devastating retaliatory strikes. It is not the method of delivery; it is the capability to do so, that causes MAD to function.

Back
Top Bottom