What's new

Is the country collapse imminent?

Pakistan is super star when it comes to corruption and 30 to 40 years behind in development compared to many 3rd world countries.
Closer to home, IMF just agreed to loan $4.7 billion to Bangladesh without all the hair pulling and fingernail extraction that Pakistan had to go through for $1.2 billion.

It is never Pakistanis screwed up. Why wouldn't people of Pakistan not pay for their sins.
Finance minister Dar explained it loud and clear. Didn't you hear it? God created Pakistan. So, Pakistan never screws up by the axiom of divine infallibility.

Looks as though the country is collapsing, an engineered, sponsored collapse, and with it the status quo all and sundry, the mafias to cabals are collapsing with freefall speed, the rotten system is imploding.

It will get worst before it started to get better.

The chaos and mayhem will lead to a new social contract and an inclusive and pluralistic country, the 'elite capture' of all kind is bound to end.

2917093-Lauren-DeStefano-Quote-Things-will-get-worse-before-they-get.jpg

The youth hates the army (14-25 yrs)
This generation will also have the toughest time ever(record inflation in last 4 decades). Never has the inflation persisted so high for so long

Will this lead to severe civil military strain

https://www.facebook.com/reel/561817679089805?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Normally that's not a big deal but we all know the saying

"For good or bad, it's is the Pakistan military that has prevented the country collapse"

Hence the biggest threat to Pakistan is the youth..if exploitated this may lead to either boom/reinvention
Or
Collapse of the nation
I don't know one youth who hates the army, stop making stuff up you enemy of Pakistan.

everything is fine.. don't worry. nothing will collapse as IMF/US will 'take care' of our economy.
Public dissent doesn't matter. All good.

I don't know one youth who hates the army, stop making stuff up you enemy of Pakistan.
maybe not in bongistan, but here in karachi a lot of young people hate them. i visited a fast food restaurant with my friends and the only things i heard other people talk about is how much did the army fucked up pakistan development and how currupt the estab+PDM is.

Bhai this is dialogue "enemy of Pakistan"is older than my grandfather

Stop this nonsense

The only enemy of Pakistan is this wardi mafia

Army screwed up
Imran screwed up
PML N screwd up
Mullla madrassah screwed up
Taleban screwed up
America screwed up
Iran screwed up
India screwed up
Afghanistan screwed up

It is never Pakistanis screwed up. Never how army used islam to screw Pakistanis and how Pakistanis now want to use China to continue the screw ups. Never why Pak people asking the question about military budget, funding of terror groups etc

Any civilized country would have launched internal investigation on why their country hosted OBL, why they were charged with terror funding and brought cukprits to justice.

No Pakistani has even demanded such investigation.

Pakistani public only care about such crooks and criminals getting caught.

Whether it be imran khan or afridi tampering with ball

Whether it be khader khan smuggling tech in or selling centrifuge to N Korea

Whether it be Bhutto and Yahya cheating killing Bengalis

Whether it be cricket coach getting murdered as long as captain wasnt caught

Whether generals and or mullah hosted most wanted terrorist even while taking US money to hunt for him

Just why wouldn't these things catch up? Why wouldn't people of Pakistan not pay for their sins.
No one screwed up.

Just the people by stating corruption is fine

Bhai this is dialogue "enemy of Pakistan"is older than my grandfather

Stop this nonsense

The only enemy of Pakistan is this wardi mafia
Not really..

I believe army is corrupt but people are more corrupt..

Reason why everything is screwed is that elite and people of central Punjab wanted PMLN. Because khata hey tu lagata be hey was famous

If any of people change their minds we may still have hope

I still see people blaming IK so I don't have hope..which is good thing for me..
Hopefully 300rs baby so I can send all the $$ I. Sitting on

Despite all the hoopla collapse is not imminent. The public just has too much of black money to keep the wheels of economy churning.

That’s why you see malls full. Sizeable chunk of Pakistanis would have been unaffected by the fiasco lately. But at the same time a huge chunk must have been affected.

There are local food chains, workshops, factories, SMEs, retailers, wholesalers, farmers, realtors which are outside the tax bracket. Pay 0 tax. Zilch.

Through IMF forced reforms Pakistan would have to cut its development and defence budget by a sizeable amount to move forward. There is no other way. The good times are over.

Despite all the hoopla collapse is not imminent. The public just has too much of black money to keep the wheels of economy churning.

That’s why you see malls full. Sizeable chunk of Pakistanis would have been unaffected by the fiasco lately. But at the same time a huge chunk must have been affected.

There are local food chains, workshops, factories, SMEs, retailers, wholesalers, farmers, realtors which are outside the tax bracket. Pay 0 tax. Zilch.

Through IMF forced reforms Pakistan would have to cut its development and defence budget by a sizeable amount to move forward. There is no other way. The good times are over.
I am probably going to agree with you.

This was encouraging

If I had seen 🍅 and rotten 🥚🥚 then yeah may be

People get more upset with Pakistan loosing cricket match

IMF reforms should be a positive in the long-term. Force strict reforms to set things back on track, fix up the fundamentals and hopefully stronger instituions, with meritocracy and increased accountability.

We can cut some defence spending by focusing only on critical and immediate areas, and perhaps raising the nuclear threshold if anyone decides to pick a fight.

What do you mean exactly by the "development" budget though?

IMF reforms should be a positive in the long-term. Force strict reforms to set things back on track, fix up the fundamentals and hopefully stronger instituions, with meritocracy and increased accountability.

We can cut some defence spending by focusing only on critical and immediate areas, and perhaps raising the nuclear threshold if anyone decides to pick a fight.

What do you mean exactly by the "development" budget though?
IMF job isn't to do reforms.
It's job is to balance your books.

Its not consultant to fix economies.

IMF job is like a loan shark to give u loan to prevent default..

Defense cut is easy.
Decrease the size of army.
Decrease all the extras freebies.
You can easily cut it by 20-30%

The pension should not be FULL pension if u r below 55 as you can still do other jobs.

Also pensions should be eliminated in long run replaced with GP fund invested in equities

Equity structure should be imporved

Pakistan needs a major re-invention. It has to change its whole ideology. First, as a state decide that Pakistan will no more support non-state actors. There are no “good” terrorists or “bad” terrorists. Just terrorists. Second, completely remove the Army from politics. Army has no business in politics or running businesses. In the whole history of Pakistan, the Army has caused considerable damage. Third, bring major land reforms. Next, forget Kashmir. What India has, India can keep and what we have, we will keep. Done. Move on. If we don’t take such drastic steps we will not survive as a nation.

The youth hates the army (14-25 yrs)
This generation will also have the toughest time ever(record inflation in last 4 decades). Never has the inflation persisted so high for so long

Will this lead to severe civil military strain

https://www.facebook.com/reel/561817679089805?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Normally that's not a big deal but we all know the saying

"For good or bad, it's is the Pakistan military that has prevented the country collapse"

Hence the biggest threat to Pakistan is the youth..if exploitated this may lead to either boom/reinvention
Or
Collapse of the nation

Totally agreed civil war is about to happen but can be prevented with good sincere leadership not from old tested we need fresh guy to rule and have no party background and agenda etc just bring pak on track all political debates and work should be banned and start building pak should be given priority

Easier said than done. There is a whole armed institute with alot of trained manpower and weapons that doesn't let the country develop because it would mean erosion of their power and grip. Who is going to fight them?

Reminds me of Baghdad Bob.
We don't have foreign armies on our shores and in our skies.

The recipe is in front of the current government. They have started talks with IMF...as I said limping will continue into the foreseeable future with IMF funds being made available.

Pakistan needs a major re-invention. It has to change its whole ideology. First, as a state decide that Pakistan will no more support non-state actors. There are no “good” terrorists or “bad” terrorists. Just terrorists. Second, completely remove the Army from politics. Army has no business in politics or running businesses. In the whole history of Pakistan, the Army has caused considerable damage. Third, bring major land reforms. Next, forget Kashmir. What India has, India can keep and what we have, we will keep. Done. Move on. If we don’t take such drastic steps we will not survive as a nation.
However, nothing of what you state will happen.

Argentina is more developed than Pakistan, and they don’t have nuclear weapons.
Pakistan is super star when it comes to corruption and 30 to 40 years behind in development compared to many 3rd world countries.
Pakistan is the exact same country it was just last year. Nobody back then was talking about Pakistan being 40 years behind other 3rd world countries.

Let's grant the current political climate is adding excessive negativity across social media and news. Otherwise everything happening in Pakistan is par for the course including the recent TTP attack on Police Lines masjid as well as economy constantly being at risk of going under.

Back
Top Bottom