What's new

Is Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jet a Better Choice than HAL Tejas?

Maybe because your military better understands the faults and failures and limitations of tejas above and beyond fanboys droolings
no its plain bribe.

hal wont pay up the usd and girls. country is made from people and armed forces guys cone from public domain. we have riswatkhori embedded in people.

First lift it off the ground BB then dream of being baniya of Arms world

I can't, to be perfectly honest; the bread pakodas I had strained my senescent muscles. Why don't you lift the JF 17 and show us how it is done?

Tejas Mk1 will be a big step forward in terms of avionics
:omghaha::omghaha: .....my dear delusional little troll from our ------. what are you smoking these days? must be something really high quality....but just a reality check...Malaysia is looking for an A/C that FLIES...they are not looking for some Truck Top Toy...may be because they don't have enough free trucks :P

xguJKhP.jpg

If you are comparing apples with oranges, this kind of misconception might happen. The JF 17 has always been acknowledged to have been assembled in Pakistan from parts made in China, notwithstanding the steady indigenisation that the Pakistani side has brought in. This is as good or as bad as the Indian assembly of the Gnat, later, the Ajeet, the MiG 21, the MiG 23, the MiG 27, the Jaguar, and currently the SU 30 MKI.

How do you people consistently, every time, every post, compare what you assemble with what others design and build?
oh, So much indigenous...with 35% Indians components and those 35% components were made by importing other critical components as well..you are as dumb as your Tejas!

I get it your upset, but Pakistan is part and parcel of the JF17 venture

Not only this as JF17s were never really meant for China the developmental force pushing the JF17s direction was Pakistan as the more experienced airforce who has partaken in air combat against numerous states and who regularly trains and partakes in exercises with nations across the world most recent being gulf shield where we pitted JF17s against the gulfs best

The chinese company filled in the blanks

This is a J.V

Whilst you are just assembling mostly Russian parts

Even tejas is a hodge podge of parts from across the world

<sigh!>
  1. If you say, we have the plane, flying and ready, 150 in the air, and the right to export is ours, I'll agree readily.
  2. If you say, we have control over every part that goes into it, and the Chinese content will never be banned, I'll agree readily.
  3. If you say that it is cheap and cheerful, and will allow us to make the most of our pilot capability, I'll agree readily.
  4. If you say that any of the smaller powers can afford it, and that spares and parts will never be a constraint, I'll agree readily.
  5. If you say that your clients will readily understand that Russian and Chinese components and munitions are more reliable than Indian or Indian-sourced components and munitions, I'll agree readily.
Do you really want to go out of your depth?

oh, So much indigenous...with 35% Indians components and those 35% components were made by importing other critical components as well..you are as dumb as your Tejas!

Quite possibly. I'm also losing my hair rapidly and have a dicky heart. You will find this useful input for your aviation-oriented analysis.

Anything else pertinent to the topic?

OMG!

If assembling is a indicator of indigenous ability then India is already manufacturing INDIGENOUSLY Sukhoi 30MKI from raw material phase. PAF cannot achieve a equality in another 100 years.

BUT BUT we don't run around claiming Sukhoi as indigenous.

JF-17 thunder, haven't heard anyone telling this is an indigenous aircraft, here JF stands for joint fighter.

The JF-17 was never designed to compete with the latest 4th or 5th generation fighters, it was designed to provide a low cost workhorse weapons platform to the PAF that can be enhanced and grown over time to reduce the PAF’s dependence on American Hardware.

Today, the JF-17 not only supplements and multiples the effectiveness of the PAF’s F-16 fleet. But with the expected launch of block 3 development this year, it will incorporate the new WS-13 engine and features such as IRST, AESA Radar, HMD & a new Avionics/EW suite which will further enhance it’s capabilities.

In terms of $ spent/unit, it isn’t produced at a fraction of the cost of the F-16 but at $28 - $36 million a pop it offers value for money and comes with few if any strings attached. This means it reduces Pakistan’s dependency on finicky American foreign policy and allows the PAF to enhance the weapons system as it sees fit.

The input that Pakistan gave was pilot experience, maintenance experience and testing. China values Pakistan contributions. Pakistan experience in using fighter jets in real combat has contributed to the JF-17 development. And part of it came from Pakistani experience of using western fighters such as the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the Mirage 111/5 families as well as the F-7MG Airguard which Pakistan has purchased in considerable numbers.

Simple - let them first encounter one another and we shall see. On paper F-4 was stronger and powerful that Mig17 in Vietnam but the later turned tails on the F-4; or F-104 vs Gnat/Hunter.; the later drew blood.

JF-17 thunder, haven't heard anyone telling this is an indigenous aircraft, here JF stands for joint fighter.

The JF-17 was never designed to compete with the latest 4th or 5th generation fighters, it was designed to provide a low cost workhorse weapons platform to the PAF that can be enhanced and grown over time to reduce the PAF’s dependence on American Hardware.

Today, the JF-17 not only supplements and multiples the effectiveness of the PAF’s F-16 fleet. But with the expected launch of block 3 development this year, it will incorporate the new WS-13 engine and features such as IRST, AESA Radar, HMD & a new Avionics/EW suite which will further enhance it’s capabilities.

In terms of $ spent/unit, it isn’t produced at a fraction of the cost of the F-16 but at $28 - $36 million a pop it offers value for money and comes with few if any strings attached. This means it reduces Pakistan’s dependency on finicky American foreign policy and allows the PAF to enhance the weapons system as it sees fit.

The input that Pakistan gave was pilot experience, maintenance experience and testing. China values Pakistan contributions. Pakistan experience in using fighter jets in real combat has contributed to the JF-17 development. And part of it came from Pakistani experience of using western fighters such as the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the Mirage 111/5 families as well as the F-7MG Airguard which Pakistan has purchased in considerable numbers.
Says thunder program director mr pluralist lol

One flies, and other toed on the back of a truck .. i don't see any comparison

You should be worried about that invisible TRUCK on which Tejas was tied during Bahrain Air Show... That TRUCK was really some technical advancement... as even US China or Russia don't have such TRUCKS...

Thunder will be a big step backwards for Malaysia. Blk3 is a different matter.

Tejas Mk1 will be a big step forward in terms of avionics, but we're not ready for export.

So, Malaysia should just stick to Russian wares if they don't have money. Do the deal with us for Su30 spares in exchange for Mig29.

At the moment Tejas is not ready for anything: "but we're not ready for export".

Back
Top Bottom