What's new

Is Pakistan aiding Syrian rebels?

Playing with fire, again | TNS - The News on Sunday

While offering denials of any change in the country’s policy on Syria, the official spokespersons have succeeded in confirming that a change — and a dangerous one — has, indeed, taken place.

The debate on this question in political circles and the media began with the release of a joint statement at the conclusion of the Saudi crown prince’s overly-publicised visit. All knowledgeable observers were taken by surprise by the call for immediate replacement of the Syrian government with an international authority.

Two points were generally noted. First, Pakistan had never before supported the move for a regime change in Damascus. The decision to take the plunge meant only one thing for all observers except for the purblind or anyone determined not to see facts — that Pakistan had radically changed its policy on Syria. Secondly, since the new policy was presented in a Pakistan-Saudi joint statement, it was reasonable to deduce that the issue must have been raised by the Saudi crown prince and Pakistan had, wittingly or unwittingly, agreed.

The fervour with which the statement was defended by the establishment’s paid apologists, and the anger with which the critics were rebuked, reflected on the authorities’ discomfiture at having been found out. This also confirmed that the departure from the previous policy was a deliberate act.

Since this is a matter that will have far-reaching consequences for Pakistan, the government should welcome a thorough and open debate.

The repercussions of the new foreign policy alignment on the home front are likely to be no less serious. In fact, the complications within Pakistan are more easily discernible than the dangers in the external field. One does not wish to sound like an alarmist but it would be dangerous to ignore some of the possible results of the shift in foreign policy.

The proponents of the latest version of fundamentalism may see in the changed situation greater possibilities of spreading their cult of intolerance and violence. They have already destroyed the relationship of mutual respect among the various schools of fiqh by not only declaring members of Muslim sects, other than their own, liable to death but also by displaying their capacity to execute the sentence. The threat of a spurt in sectarian bloodshed is too great to be overlooked.

That women, minority communities, and rights-based civil society organisations could come under greater pressure is obvious. That perhaps does not worry the people at the helm of affairs. What should cause them serious anxiety is the possibility that the extremists who will derive added strength from the foreign policy shift may not spare them either.

@Informant, @levina.

Speculative conjecture, come back with solid proof. Till then dont bother.

Speculative conjecture, come back with solid proof. Till then dont bother.

:lol:

I am just building up your appetite for the possible finale. Which usually just pops up always in Pakistan's denial cases.

I think you do have less to say when it comes to the treatment you offer to women.
You say this as if i am supposed to be surprised? Of course i know you'd think that, you're a "Saudi". :laugh: What else would a thief, a terrorist and a liar think?

Dont worry about trying to defend your 1930s British invented thiefdom. Nobody buys your camel shit of a history. Even Islam teaches what a shit hole Arabia is, that is why the Prophet was sent there wasnt it, because you are the most disgusting and dirtiest people and society in the entire World. Nothing has changed in your thiefdom, has it? I mean, just look at you. :laugh:

Last edited:
Playing with fire, again | TNS - The News on Sunday

While offering denials of any change in the country’s policy on Syria, the official spokespersons have succeeded in confirming that a change — and a dangerous one — has, indeed, taken place.

The debate on this question in political circles and the media began with the release of a joint statement at the conclusion of the Saudi crown prince’s overly-publicised visit. All knowledgeable observers were taken by surprise by the call for immediate replacement of the Syrian government with an international authority.

Two points were generally noted. First, Pakistan had never before supported the move for a regime change in Damascus. The decision to take the plunge meant only one thing for all observers except for the purblind or anyone determined not to see facts — that Pakistan had radically changed its policy on Syria. Secondly, since the new policy was presented in a Pakistan-Saudi joint statement, it was reasonable to deduce that the issue must have been raised by the Saudi crown prince and Pakistan had, wittingly or unwittingly, agreed.

The fervour with which the statement was defended by the establishment’s paid apologists, and the anger with which the critics were rebuked, reflected on the authorities’ discomfiture at having been found out. This also confirmed that the departure from the previous policy was a deliberate act.

Since this is a matter that will have far-reaching consequences for Pakistan, the government should welcome a thorough and open debate

The repercussions of the new foreign policy alignment on the home front are likely to be no less serious. In fact, the complications within Pakistan are more easily discernible than the dangers in the external field. One does not wish to sound like an alarmist but it would be dangerous to ignore some of the possible results of the shift in foreign policy.

The proponents of the latest version of fundamentalism may see in the changed situation greater possibilities of spreading their cult of intolerance and violence. They have already destroyed the relationship of mutual respect among the various schools of fiqh by not only declaring members of Muslim sects, other than their own, liable to death but also by displaying their capacity to execute the sentence. The threat of a spurt in sectarian bloodshed is too great to be overlooked.
Yes Pakistan is supporting Saudi Arabia against the Syrian regime.Its an open secret now.
The Saudis are likely taking the circuitous route with Pakistan since the U.S. adamantly opposes supplying weapons (fighter jets, anti-tank missiles, armored personal carriers etc which I guess is also produced by Pakistan) to Syrian rebels over fears they would fall into the hands of Islamic extremists who are believed to be helping the anti Assad forces.
Jordan has agreed to store the Pakistani weapons before they are passed on to the neighboring state of Syria. Jordan has been Saudi ally for long now.
Saudis are seeking wider support for the Syrian rebels from the Sunni Muslim world as Assad and his Iranian allies are Shia Muslims. Pakistan is a large Sunni country with a sizable military industry.Saudi Arabia views the Syrian war as a key conflict against the archenemy of Sunni Islam ....the Shia Islam spearheaded by Iran.
IMO Pakistan’s principal motivation for endorsing the Saudis lies more with financial needs than religion or politics. Pakistan expects to get financial support in the form of loans, aid, investment, more jobs for Pakistanis i side Pakistan and Middle east, and supply of oil and gas on favorable terms from conservative but rich arab kingdoms.
Add to it that Nawaz Sharif and his family have special reverence for the House of Saud because it saved them from the clutches of Musharraf’s military government in 2000.
So if not anything Pakistan is obliged to help SAUDI ARABIA.

illusion8 [B said:
That women, minority communities, and rights-based civil society organisations could come under greater pressure is obvious. [/B]That perhaps does not worry the people at the helm of affairs. What should cause them serious anxiety is the possibility that the extremists who will derive added strength from the foreign policy shift may not spare them either.

@Informant, @levina.
Now thats worrying because KSA is a conservative muslim country.And would definitely influence Pakistan and its internal affairs.
@Leader your opinion on this.

Yes Pakistan is supporting Saudi Arabia against the Syrian regime.Its an open secret now.
The Saudis are likely taking the circuitous route with Pakistan since the U.S. adamantly opposes supplying weapons (fighter jets, anti-tank missiles, armored personal carriers etc which I guess is also produced by Pakistan) to Syrian rebels over fears they would fall into the hands of Islamic extremists who are believed to be helping the anti Assad forces.
Jordan has agreed to store the Pakistani weapons before they are passed on to the neighboring state of Syria. Jordan has been Saudi ally for long now.
Saudis are seeking wider support for the Syrian rebels from the Sunni Muslim world as Assad and his Iranian allies are Shia Muslims. Pakistan is a large Sunni country with a sizable military industry.Saudi Arabia views the Syrian war as a key conflict against the archenemy of Sunni Islam ....the Shia Islam spearheaded by Iran.
IMO Pakistan’s principal motivation for endorsing the Saudis lies more with financial needs than religion or politics. Pakistan expects to get financial support in the form of loans, aid, investment, more jobs for Pakistanis i side Pakistan and Middle east, and supply of oil and gas on favorable terms from conservative but rich arab kingdoms.
Add to it that Nawaz Sharif and his family have special reverence for the House of Saud because it saved them from the clutches of Musharraf’s military government in 2000.
So if not anything Pakistan is obliged to help SAUDI ARABIA.

Now thats worrying because KSA is a conservative muslim country.And would definitely influence Pakistan and its internal affairs.
@Leader your opinion on this.

Saudi influence has grown on Sunnis in Pakistan, religiously and culturally and upto some extend ideologically... but meddling into Pakistan's internal affairs, totally depends on Pakistan's policy. I will not shift the blame, the fault lies within.. 1.5 billion not even a father gives to his son unconditionally, it will unfold in a matter of months what part of us, we sold for 1.5 billion dollar !

Saudi influence has grown on Sunnis in Pakistan, religiously and culturally and upto some extend ideologically... but meddling into Pakistan's internal affairs, totally depends on Pakistan's policy. I will not shift the blame, the fault lies within.. 1.5 billion not even a father gives to his son unconditionally, it will unfold in a matter of months what part of us, we sold for 1.5 billion dollar !

The hilarious and (sad) part is something is always for sale.

Where did I use the ALL in my posts? I was referring to the rule of Al-Saud before the official establishment of the current Saudi state. The size of the second Saudi state might satisfies you.:lol:

Typo mistakes are common in today's world. I'll take notes of yours from now on.

Either you suffer from Alzheimer or deliberately ignoring your previous posts.

You said they were ruling over Arabia, if you do not see the connotation behind such a statement then like I said it is because you lack English comprehension skills.

Those who call others illiterate will naturally come under greater scrutiny, if you do not want to look like an idiot do not make miztakes (<-- oops :lol:).

I know exactly what I said.

I would suggest that you do some yoga or meditation for your frustration, because that much is apparent.

I'm the frustrated one? Or is it you who has made so many posts and created threads on this topic alone. Me i dont have an obsession with India nor do i post threads. You on the other hand needs help.

I'm the frustrated one? Or is it you who has made so many posts and created threads on this topic alone. Me i dont have an obsession with India nor do i post threads. You on the other hand needs help.

I am interested in geo politics - to tell you truth - I am fascinated by it - doesn't matter what country it is - and this current development catches my fascination . I would have suggested you to look at my thread history, but I know that it would be a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom