What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

Also boys ...Yesterday and today we had what was called the "Super Moon" in Lahore and other parts of Pakistan.Couln't help but listen to Rafi's Chawdhvin ka Chand ho ya Aftaab ho.
One cant belieive that the song was released in 1960....still as popular as it was then both in India and Pakistan..So romantic !

53499554.jpg

Lack of sense of music and melody is what I sense.

I like both. Some days it's ustaad NFAK sahab, some days it's Lata ji and some day it's Disturbed. :-)
They both are legends in what they did/do. Different people will have different opinions on who is better IMO. To me it would be NFAK sahab. BTW, one of Freddie Mercury's initial inspiration was Lata Mangeshkar.:yahoo:

Yup. Freddie was great though. I think he copied a lot from Amitabh's style of dancing in Yaarana too. LOL. It was so bloody similar.

If that is their best and for you they are better than Indian songs, then you know why we are in Kali Yuga. Everything is supposed to go haywire and falsehood and senselessness is supposed to prevail.
I am myself a Pakistani but thats the problem with the people here.The reason is that they havent been exposed to the golden age of bollywood cinema in Pakistan.They think Bollywood is what they see and hear these days.They havent watched movies from the 60's and 70's at all.They havent heard people like Hemant Kumar and Suman Kulyanpur or seen Rajesh Khanna act.

I see a big fat paycheck for the comments here:lol:

Wish I was so lucky. Hey doc, can I become a professional commentator? Can you hire me to do some propaganda for you? Just 1 lakh per month is all I am asking doc.

I am myself a Pakistani but thats the problem with the people here.The reason is that they havent been exposed to the golden age of bollywood cinema in Pakistan.They think Bollywood is what they see and hear these days.They havent watched movies from the 60's and 70's at all.They havent heard people like Hemant Kumar and Suman Kulyanpur or seen Rajesh Khanna act.

Everyone thinks the same for his/her own era,,well known phenomenon.
Music has actually improved,acting too.

But yeah u will never concede that,things get better with time man................its the law of the nature

Wish I was so lucky. Hey doc, can I become a professional commentator? Can you hire me to do some propaganda for you? Just 1 lakh per month is all I am asking doc.

Yup,,,u are a dedicated troll,i give u that.
If i ever need ur services,i will contact u:D

Yup. I see the same attitude with youngsters here too. It is trash out there now. I hate to see Bollywood movies anymore.

The entire movie was shot in black and white and only this song was shot in colour.It turns out that the Indian Censor Board banned the colour version of this song because of Waheeda Rehman's bright red lips saying that it would result in "lustful implications for the audience"
Oh what a time that was !

Yup. I see the same attitude with youngsters here too. It is trash out there now. I hate to see Bollywood movies anymore.

during golden era, our strength was beautiful lyrics, but now we are making great music but with trash lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom