What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

To compare Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan to any Lata mangeshkar is an insult to Nusrat, Watch the following youtube video for a comparison and also go throught unmoderated comments under the this video to know who is who and the aukat of lata mangeshar in front of Nusrat :lol:

To compare Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan to any Lata mangeshkar is an insult to Nusrat, Watch the following youtube video for a comparison and also go throught unmoderated comments under the this video to know who is who and the aukat of lata mangeshar in front of Nusrat :lol:

comments by indians are also in nusrat's favour............

comments by indians are also in nusrat's favour............

Nusrat Fateh ali khan was able to hypnotize even international audience with his philosiphical spiritual qawwalis not just pakistanis.

Proof Nusrat performance in France from early 90s (audience is totally western)

Last edited:
love rock my era was metalica GnR and the grunge era my favorite band is pearl jam seen them about 12 times.

dire straits,pink floyd and porcupine tree here

love iron maiden too........................sorry no love for led zepellin except stairway to heaven

dire straits,pink floyd and porcupine tree here

love iron maiden too........................sorry no love for led zepellin except stairway to heaven
Watch pearl jam mtv unplugged on youtube the best live band to watch still after over 20 years

Loved Jagjit as well. It was sad what happened to him. RIP.

WHat was sad that earlier both Jagjit and his wife Chitra used to sing together . They were like yin and yang . Death of their only son broke chitra's heart so deeply that she completely stopped singing . Jagit OTOH became deeper as a singer connecting with his pain .

WHat was sad that earlier both Jagjit and his wife Chitra used to sing together . They were like yin and yang . Death of their only son broke chitra's heart so deeply that she completely stopped singing . Jagit OTOH became deeper as a singer connecting with his pain .

Yup..............he used to sing right from his heart:tup:

Here is a devotional song by Lata.

People are comparing that divine voice with this?

Are u stupid or what??
That arif lohar song is divine...........................:disagree:

Yup..............he used to sing right from his heart:tup:

Are u stupid or what??
That arif lohar song is divine...........................:disagree:

What nonsense, all I hear is a braying voice. May be the lyrics are meaningful to you so you may find it good, but to me it is just like the man who comes on my door every Sunday with his cow and sings for some alms.

Have to hurry to give money because I cannot stand the cacophony.

if you see the interviews of our legendary music composer. they always give credit to lata for their achievements.

She is beyond compare. All these new songs, especially the Punjabi variety sound like Azan to me. It is all straight away shouting.

She just has no variation in her voice,,,,sorry.
Most of the indians agree too.................nusrat is better.

No they don't. Lata's songs are on their lips. If I ask someone from my neighborhood if they know Nusrat, they will say Nusrat who?

No they don't. Lata's songs are on their lips. If I ask someone from my neighborhood if they know Nusrat, they will say Nusrat who?

Looks like u live near a retirement home:lol:

The arif lohar song is the best one to come out of coke studio as of yet.....................:coffee:

Looks like u live near a retirement home:lol:

No I do not. I have never heard people play Nusrat's song on festivals either. You know, come Ganesha or some other big celebration days when the local boys put up pandals and have their loudspeakers in full blast blaring Bollywood beats, for the last couple of years they just do not play any new movie songs. No one wants to listen to those. It is always songs from early 2000 to before that. Even when I was in Bombay, I never heard them playing Nusrat's songs.

Back
Top Bottom