What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

u have a horrible taste bro. feel sorry for you. he sang like someone is reading a text.. no high notes no penetration.

anyone more stupid enough to say this to jagjit singh??
Please come forward:lol:

Our tastes in music vary then.

I posted the whole concert from 1974. Listen to that and say if that is any variation from her recorded songs.

if you see the interviews of our legendary music composer. they always give credit to lata for their achievements.

None beats mast qalandar..................none

anyone more stupid enough to say this to jagjit singh??
Please come forward:lol:

sorry bro. you are not competent enough to talk about the technicalities of singing. I have shared my observations regarding JS. but you didn't have any technical thing to say about this apart from getting personal for no reason.

Our tastes in music vary then.
I posted the whole concert from 1974. Listen to that and say if that is any variation from her recorded songs.
Yes it does, nothing wrong in it though.
Most Pakistani posters dont wish to compare as both are legends.

But i feel the opening poster is looking for spiritual side of NFAK which he dint find in any other singer.
Sufi influence has been a huge factor in Nusrat Sahab's music, which comes from history of his Family. Irrespective of religious inclinations of people, before partition Sufism had a huge influence in Punjab.

sorry bro. you are not competent enough to talk about the technicalities of singing. I have shared my observations regarding JS. but you didn't have any technical thing to say about this apart from getting personal for no reason.

As i said start apoll,,,u will know the truth.
Majority of pakistanis anyway love jagjit:enjoy:

Cannot do a direct comparison for both. I mean, yes both reached extreme high levels of acclaim worldwide, but how and what they actually sang, is quite different. Lata jee is an outstanding playback singer, Nusrat a Qawalli legend. In my view, for folk/sufi/Qawali, there is no one on this earth who came close to him or will ever come close to him. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is decent as well, just look at the acclaim he has got, even though i would rate him just 10% of what Nusrat was. Imagine if Ustad Nusrat was still alive today. He would have ripped apart Coke Studio or Bollywood singing by a mile.

Both are great in their respective league.....but Lata ji is more versatile.....

Back
Top Bottom