What's new

Is F-35 Stealth fighter jet Successful?

Well engine has no issue, rather the airframe is over weight. The weight of the airframe as per design is not what it should have been and they are working on it to reduce its weight.

Engine is perfect, 177Kn to 180Kn in after burner mode i guess.

yes this seems to be the more likely case!
an under power engine for F35 may mean that the engine itself is not a proper one or the plane is too heavy for that engine and as far as i know it is the second case. the F35 is really hell of a weight!

regards!

yes this seems to be the more likely case!
an under power engine for F35 may mean that the engine itself is not a proper one or the plane is too heavy for that engine and as far as i know it is the second case. the F35 is really hell of a weight!

regards!

Fascinating, the truth comes to light. F-22/35 Hype, hype and more hype! :cheesy:

tumblr_lmue6j8mEN1qiw09do1_500.jpg

Lockheed Martin F-35 Program Flight Test Update

Overall, the F-35 program remains ahead of the overall goals for test flights and test points year-to-date. Through May 31, the program accomplished 378 flights versus a plan of 297 and accomplished 3,342 test points against a plan of 2,217. The milestones include the F-35B short takeoff /vertical landing (STOVL) jet BF-1 performing the 100th vertical landing for the test program on May 12. For 2011, 106 vertical landings have been performed. The F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) jet AF-1 flew to Mach 1.53, the fastest-to-date speed of the existing aircraft fleet. AF-7 completed the longest test mission to date lasting 4.1 hours.

Also, During the month of May, all three variants of the F-35 flew a combined total of 94 System Development and Demonstration (SDD) flights, the most achieved in a single month in program history.

Lockheed Martin, Lockheed Martin F-35 Program Flight Test Update...

I might be wrong ..... but this the only fighter that like a rifle comes in long range (AF) and carbine (american marines) versions

The United States Marine Corps just placed an order for a batch of F-35C fighters.

They are not going to let this project go to waste, albeit its hurdles and difficulties encountered during its development. They spent so much money and time into it that it would be a bigger waste to not order any F-35s. Many of the US' closest allies are taking in this project and funding it, so I can imagine the political setback and embarrassment Lockheed would go through.

yes...

its engine is a beast

180 kn....

omg that's like 2 ef engines.

Each of the WS-15 engines to be used on the production J-20 also has 180 kn of afterburning thrust.

That is not surprising for 5th generation engines, which after all, are required to provide enough thrust for the aircraft to achieve a decent thrust to weight ratio for maneuverability, supercruise, and climb. Especially for strike fighters like the F-35 and J-20.

F-35 is relying just on it's stealth feature , i think once the world developed a radar-tech to track stealth , F-35 will get outdated...

F-35 is relying just on it's stealth feature , i think once the world developed a radar-tech to track stealth , F-35 will get outdated...

The same scientists and engineers who develop stealth characteristics have undoubtedly pondered this for decades now. Stealth is very expensive. If there was some magic means of tracking these airplanes, they wouldn't have proceeded with the original F-117 program.

Of course they put these jets into anechoic chambers and bombard them with every imaginable radar waveform.

77cb7__1648317463619668756.jpg

I still dont understand why the f-35 is so far overweight? These are the same people that developed the f-22 which has superb air to air performance. The f-35 engine is quite powerful so for the aircraft to still seem underpowered is kind of shocking.

The same scientists and engineers who develop stealth characteristics have undoubtedly pondered this for decades now. Stealth is very expensive. If there was some magic means of tracking these airplanes, they wouldn't have proceeded with the original F-117 program.

Of course they put these jets into anechoic chambers and bombard them with every imaginable radar waveform.

Optical radars won't have waveform...

77cb7__1648317463619668756.jpg

F-35 IS A FUTURE 5TH GEN PLANE BEING MADE TO REPLACE THE US F-16S N F-18S BUT AMERICANS HAVE TRIED THEIR BEST IN MAKING THE JET AS UGLY AS POSSIBLE.LOOK AT THE CANOPY.LOOKS LIKE A FROG IS SITTING WITH AN UMBRELLA

Iranians have become the kings of chest thumping, and that too with little reason. In the remote chance that Iran has discovered a way to detect a stealth aircraft from a sizable distance, the fact that they just told the world about it just ruined any ability the radar would have to affect an adversary. Do you really want to tell the Israelis exactly what sort of tech. you have, so that when they do bomb your entire military infrastructure back to the stone age, they do so with all the relevant countermeasures?
Mossad and the IDF are good, but the Iranians dont really help themselves.

Iranians have become the kings of chest thumping, and that too with little reason. In the remote chance that Iran has discovered a way to detect a stealth aircraft from a sizable distance, the fact that they just told the world about it just ruined any ability the radar would have to affect an adversary. Do you really want to tell the Israelis exactly what sort of tech. you have, so that when they do bomb your entire military infrastructure back to the stone age, they do so with all the relevant countermeasures?
Mossad and the IDF are good, but the Iranians dont really help themselves.

THEY MAY HAVE DISCLOSED THEIR CAPABILITY FOR DETERRANCE GIVING A MESSAGE TO USA N ISRAEL NOT TO TRY AN OBL LIKE OP IN IRAN

Back
Top Bottom