What's new

Is Bangladesh really an independent country?

Is Bangladesh an independent country?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they beat us in?? Lol

Their country is of no strategic significance in any way whatsoever. They run away to cross the border into India, sure that's definitely something they have over us Pakistanis :lol:

Little butt-hurt there my friend it seems.

BD economy is the strongest in the whole of South Asia by a fair amount now.

When you look at factors like 7% GDP growth, only 21% total government debt as percentage
of GDP and the tens of billions of US dollars that is being poured into infrastructure from China, Japan, Russia and ADB, then it is very clear to see.

NO BD is NOT an independent country. Its practically an autonomous region of India in all but name. Even Hong Kong is more independent from China than BD is from India. But HK has a more respectable international status than BD.

Little butt-hurt there my friend it seems.

BD economy is the strongest in the whole of South Asia by a fair amount now.

When you look at factors like 7% GDP growth, only 21% total government debt as percentage
of GDP and the tens of billions of US dollars that is being poured into infrastructure from China, Japan, Russia and ADB, then it is very clear to see.

Strong economy then why people run away to India (even dodging BSF bullets)?? How come it's not the other way around with Indians flooding into Bangladesh to enjoy benefits of so called "strongest" economy??

Give me a break.

Strong economy then why people run away to India (even dodging BSF bullets)?? How come it's not the other way around with Indians flooding into Bangladesh to enjoy benefits of so called "strongest" economy??

Give me a break.

Yes, thousands of BD people are running off to India as we speak.:rofl:

Look at the economic opportunities in BD compared to India and you will see why this makes no sense.
A poor unskilled man or woman can easily find a job in BD that pays at least 80-100 US dollars a month these
days. There is no need for anyone to go to India to earn a living.

BD does not much care for illegal Indians in BD. Hundreds of thousands at least are in the country illegally and they contribute by earning and spending money in the local economy.

Not every social indicator. Take absolute poverty for instance. Pakistan is miles ahead of BD (and quite well ahead of India too still).

@Khan_21 can fill you in about it.

Also natural resources (present or not) have marginal impact for high population countries sir (especially densely populated ones).
I will eat my words on the poverty figure. But the way it is progressing it will soon overpass Pakistan. What other social indexes Pakistan outperforms Bangladesh?

Yes, thousands of BD people are running off to India as we speak.:rofl:

Look at the economic opportunities in BD compared to India and you will see why this makes no sense.
A poor unskilled man or woman can easily find a job in BD that pays at least 80-100 US dollars a month these
days. There is no need for anyone to go to India to earn a living.

BD does not much care for illegal Indians in BD. Hundreds of thousands at least are in the country illegally and they contribute by earning and spending money in the local economy.

Not only to India but to the gulf countries as well. Such strong economy yet people are going abroad and even risking being shot by BSF. Perhaps the economy is a little too strong for their taste I guess :lol:

I will eat my words on the poverty figure. But the way it is progressing it will soon overpass Pakistan. What other social indexes Pakistan outperforms Bangladesh?

@Khan_21 @AUz @Kaptaan and maybe @LA se Karachi can provide you those.

Many have to do with consumption stats...be it GDP per capita (PPP), median wealth etc...or prevalence states like urbanisation, safe water access, slum prevalence, access to electricity and some others.

The advances Bangladesh have done are commendable (if the reality is indeed what the data suggests), but I think the same can be said overall for South Asia in general in different realms to different degrees. I am sure Pakistan will get out of its current stall (esp in certain crucial education and health metrics) as its security and economic situation improves....just like I expect India to fix its sanitation problem quite promptly in the coming years (the pace is already quite encouraging but much can be improved).

I have actually learned a lot from khan21, auZ and kaptaan when i filter what they say through...that Pakistan does indeed have much strong socioeconomics in various areas of the big 3 South Asian countries....that bear learning and emulating from. Just like there are valid lessons in the other 2 as well for Pakistan.

@Khan_21 @AUz and maybe @LA se Karachi can provide you those.

Many have to do with consumption stats...be it GDP per capita (PPP), median wealth etc...or prevalence states like urbanisation, safe water access, slum prevalence, access to electricity and some others.

The advances Bangladesh have done are commendable (if the reality is indeed what the data suggests), but I think the same can be said overall for South Asia in general in different realms to different degrees. I am sure Pakistan will get out of its current stall (esp in certain crucial education and health metrics) as its security and economic situation improves.

@Nilgiri

Do us all a favour. Ban yourself from any B'desh thread for the next six months.

@Khan_21 @AUz and maybe @LA se Karachi can provide you those.

The advances Bangladesh have done are commendable (if the reality is indeed what the data suggests), but I think the same can be said overall for South Asia in general in different realms to different degrees. I am sure Pakistan will get out of its current stall (esp in certain crucial education and health metrics) as its security and economic situation improves.
Stats and figures aside, I do not disagree at all. Pakistan will develop in all honesty just like any of its South Asian counterparts if the leadership remains committed to it. What I abhorrently despise is the racial superiority syndrome that a Pakistani member asserted in his posts. If we remain honest to figures, Pakistanis are just as normal as a Bangladeshi, they don't wear extra red shorts on their trousers.

@Nilgiri

Do us all a favour. Ban yourself from any B'desh thread for the next six months.

Its weird you quoted that reply specifically and then said that :P

I have already banned myself from most BD threads and the list grows each day....why dont you let nature take its course over time.

Its weird you quoted that reply specifically and then said that :P

I have already banned myself from most BD threads and the list grows each day....why dont you let nature take its course over time.

Can't wait that long. You know my age.:D

I'm not trying to insult Bangladesh. It was your compatriot who I was responding to.

with all due respect, I know you asked the question in Good intention, Let me reply you honesty, None of the Bangladeshis shot in the Border are migrants except Felani who was returning Back after a decade.

Almost all of the people who are shot are cow smugglers, Not One ot two cows. They normally bring dozens of cows and BSF take bribes. When the smugglers try to save money by avoiding BSF patrol, are shot. I have no sympathy for Smugglers. But Felani needs Justice.

Stats and figures aside, I do not disagree at all. Pakistan will develop in all honesty just like any of its South Asian counterparts if the leadership remains committed to it. What I abhorrently despise is the racial superiority syndrome that a Pakistani member asserted in his posts. If we remain honest to figures, Pakistanis are just as normal as a Bangladeshi, they don't wear extra red shorts on their trousers.

Yes I also don't agree with that (racial) element of it for sure. But I can empathise with the Pakistanis to some extent given what happened in the history. Its also ironic that there are a few racial-supremacy BD members too...guess thats something that truly connects everyone as well as sad as it is.

Anyway I just want to see what wide spectrum of views lie even within the defined "positions" on the issue of Bangladesh as a country/nation-state (politically) as perceived by others and those within it too.

Its been the same old crowd in the BD forums on cyclic mode along with the usual interlopers (like me)....so I thought hey why not see what others have to say.

Can't wait that long. You know my age.:D

Ok saab I will try my level best to go cold turkey henceforth. You have my word on the effort. Lets see what the results are.

You do mean that much to me on this forum.

Let this poll thread be my swan song for the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom