What's new

Is Bangladesh really an independent country?

Is Bangladesh an independent country?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In favor of you? LOL..On the battlefront Pakistanis had proven nothing better than their 'Hindu' counterpart. In the face of superior tactics, firepower they get equally panicked just like any other nationalities. So keep these Rambo theories to yourself to suit your ego.

Pakistan equally proves itself horrible when it comes to governance. The way your country has been handled by your civilian-Military leadership is an outstanding example of other countries of what not to follow. Bangladesh being a comparatively newer nation beat you in every social indicator, despite being bereft of natural resources. They along with Sri Lanka have excelled in every platform, even have beaten Indians. Check how they have emancipated their mass from poverty, revolutionized the concept of self reliance of womenfolks. And you are still living in that hilarious Martial race theory? Don't make the me laugh please.

PS: Talking of slaves, eh!! I really hope some Bangladeshis shows you the right place in this regard.
We are nuclear state, f 16 operator and our military is the most battle hardened in the world. Can you please list here were we lag compare to Srilanka and Bangladesh. Let me see.

@scorpionx

You from West Bengal, mate? :P
Can't you judge from my emotions? :D

We are nuclear state, f 16 operator and our military is the most battle hardened in the world. Can you please list here were we lag compare to Srilanka and Bangladesh. Let me see.

North Korea also has N-bomb, Morocco also operates first hand F-16s. What do you want to prove? You just become culturally and mannerly superior to Bangladeshis just because they do not spend on Military as much as you do? And the point was regarding social indicators. Having F-16s is not necessarily a well indicator of better social index, isn't? :lol:

Why don't you check world bank data before jumping into the debate?

Why don't you? Clearly you haven't before posting.

Bangladesh being a comparatively newer nation beat you in every social indicator, despite being bereft of natural resources.

All
social indicators? Really? Bangladesh is ahead on some indicators, but we are ahead on some too. It remains behind on many important ones like poverty (among others):

Access to electricity (% of population)  Data.png

Access to electricity:

Pakistan: 93.6 (2012)

Bangladesh: 59.6 (2012)

It's hard to overstate the importance of this indicator. It can make a world of difference in people's lives.

Improved water source (% of population with access)  Data.png

Pakistan: 91.4%

Bangladesh: 86.9%

Population living in slums, (% of urban population)  Data.png

Pakistan: 45.5%

Bangladesh: 55.1%

Wage and salary workers, male (% of males employed)  Data.png

Pakistan: 39.5% (2008)

Bangladesh: 26.5 (2011)

I will eat my words on the poverty figure. But the way it is progressing it will soon overpass Pakistan. What other social indexes Pakistan outperforms Bangladesh?

Soon? I seriously doubt it. They have a long way to go:

poverty-equity-data-south-asia-the-world-bank-png.334374

$1.90 or less a day:

Pakistan: 8.3%

India: 21.3%

Bangladesh: 43.7%

$3.10 or less a day:

Pakistan: 45%

India: 58%

Bangladesh: 77.6%

http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/region/SAS
http://databank.worldbank.org/data/reports.aspx?source=poverty-and-equity-database

Many have to do with consumption stats...be it GDP per capita (PPP), median wealth etc...or prevalence states like urbanisation, safe water access, slum prevalence, access to electricity and some others.

The advances Bangladesh have done are commendable (if the reality is indeed what the data suggests), but I think the same can be said overall for South Asia in general in different realms to different degrees. I am sure Pakistan will get out of its current stall (esp in certain crucial education and health metrics) as its security and economic situation improves....just like I expect India to fix its sanitation problem quite promptly in the coming years (the pace is already quite encouraging but much can be improved).

I have actually learned a lot from khan21, auZ and kaptaan when i filter what they say through...that Pakistan does indeed have much strong socioeconomics in various areas of the big 3 South Asian countries....that bear learning and emulating from. Just like there are valid lessons in the other 2 as well for Pakistan.

Thank you for pointing that out. Some seem to living on another planet where Pakistan has been surpassed in every way by Bangladesh. It's always nice to know that there are some in this forum providing facts to show people the truth.

North Korea also has N-bomb, Morocco also operates first hand F-16s. What do you want to prove? You just become culturally and mannerly superior to Bangladeshis just because they do not spend on Military as much as you do? And the point was regarding social indicators. Having F-16s is not necessarily a well indicator of better social index, isn't? :lol:
I am just comparing our military with Bangladesh and now it is proved that we are superior at military aspect. List here some social indications were we lag with comparison to Bangladesh.

I guess You also worked in Bangladesh and You know us very well. We have black sheeps in every country. They will keep trying to create tension among Hindu Muslim, Bangali Punjabi. It is the duty of every good minded people like you to control the idiots like us. Good Work.

@scorpionx

You from West Bengal, mate? :P

Him, Joe, roybot, skull and bones, rainman....few others too.

Great representation from this beloved state of India I must say. PDF is quite lucky.

@el che what about you mate? You lived in Assam you said, but are you originally Bengali or something?

I am just comparing our military with Bangladesh and now it is proved that we are superior at military aspect. List here some social indications were we lag with comparison to Bangladesh.

You better be much more powerful in military given the time and resources spent compared to BD on it.

Otherwise that would be the all time worst transfer efficiency.

BTW, I am very impressed by the quality and professionalism of especially PAF. Just putting that out there.

This is from the economist
View attachment 339940

oh look old data, what fun.

Too much Indian influence in your country on behalf of culture, religion and military.
Your nationals are involved in treason orders given by India. Isn't this truth?
You are talking about culture? Indian cultural influence over Pakistan is much much severe than BD. You show Bollywood movies in your cinema hall,we don't.Your state language is an imported Indian language(It is basically Hindi with just different script). We speak and use indigenous language.Your other cultural elements are very similar to north-west Indian.If that don't make you under Indian cultural influence then why are accusing BD with that?

And for treason part, which decision Awami league made which is beneficial to Indian but harmful to Bangladesh? If Awami league's anti-pakistan rhetoric seems anti-national to Bangladesh to you than you need serious help.Even anti-pakistan rhetoric of Awami league have some value to Bangladesh.Just yesterday I read in the most prominent Indian Bangla news paper that,at the expanse of diplomatic support BD giving to India,Bangladesh is pressing the Teesta river water treaty.Anti-Pakistan is not anti-Bangladesh you should understand.

You better be much more powerful in military given the time and resources spent compared to BD on it.

Otherwise that would be the all time worst transfer efficiency.

BTW, I am very impressed by the quality and professionalism of especially PAF. Just putting that out there.

oh look old data, what fun.

The data Says we have come from Behind and will surpass both of you in the near future. Amartya Sen thinks we are already ahead..Who are you too disagree?

Him, Joe, roybot, skull and bones, rainman....few others too.

Great representation from this beloved state of India I must say. PDF is quite lucky.

@el che what about you mate? You lived in Assam you said, but are you originally Bengali or something?
Roybot is not bengali. But he has an emotional connection with Bangladeshis :cool:

Why don't you? Clearly you haven't before posting.

All
social indicators? Really? Bangladesh is ahead on some indicators, but we are ahead on some too. It remains behind on many important ones like poverty (among others):

View attachment 339928

Access to electricity:

Pakistan: 93.6 (2012)

Bangladesh: 59.6 (2012)

It's hard to overstate the importance of this indicator. It can make a world of difference in people's lives.

View attachment 339929
Pakistan: 91.4%

Bangladesh: 86.9%

View attachment 339930

Pakistan: 45.5%

Bangladesh: 55.1%

View attachment 339932

Pakistan: 39.5% (2008)

Bangladesh: 26.5 (2011)

Soon? I seriously doubt it. They have a long way to go:

poverty-equity-data-south-asia-the-world-bank-png.334374

$1.90 or less a day:

Pakistan: 8.3%

India: 21.3%

Bangladesh: 43.7%

$3.10 or less a day:

Pakistan: 45%

India: 58%

Bangladesh: 77.6%

http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/region/SAS
http://databank.worldbank.org/data/reports.aspx?source=poverty-and-equity-database

Thank you for pointing that out. Some seem to living on another planet where Pakistan has been surpassed in every way by Bangladesh. It's always nice to know that there are some in this forum providing facts to show people the truth.

Give this **** measuring a rest. I have already clarified in my previous post.

Roybot is not bengali. But he has a connection with Bangladeshis :cool:

Give this **** measuring a rest. I have already clarified in my previous post.

Beautiful Vabi though :)

This is not enough. Share comprehensive details.

Inequality Adjusted Human Development Index Bangladesh 111 Pakistan 116

You are still better because you are martial.

I will eat my words on the poverty figure. But the way it is progressing it will soon overpass Pakistan. What other social indexes Pakistan outperforms Bangladesh?

@Khan_21 @AUz @Kaptaan and maybe @LA se Karachi can provide you those.

Many have to do with consumption stats...be it GDP per capita (PPP), median wealth etc...or prevalence states like urbanisation, safe water access, slum prevalence, access to electricity and some others.

The advances Bangladesh have done are commendable (if the reality is indeed what the data suggests), but I think the same can be said overall for South Asia in general in different realms to different degrees. I am sure Pakistan will get out of its current stall (esp in certain crucial education and health metrics) as its security and economic situation improves....just like I expect India to fix its sanitation problem quite promptly in the coming years (the pace is already quite encouraging but much can be improved).

I have actually learned a lot from khan21, auZ and kaptaan when i filter what they say through...that Pakistan does indeed have much strong socioeconomics in various areas of the big 3 South Asian countries....that bear learning and emulating from. Just like there are valid lessons in the other 2 as well for Pakistan.

1 . GDP per capita
2 . Poverty
3. Median household income
4. Infrastructure
5. World Happiness Report
6 . Sanitation
7 . Urbanization
8 . Logistics
9 . Access to Electricity
10. Science and Technology
11. Housing

These are just at the top of my head . Countless more can be found here at the world bank Indicators Page .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom