What's new

IRIAF Vs. PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

Both military forces are defense focus. Iran relies on her mighty rocket artillery whereas Pakistan relies on own nuclear silos.

Iranian air force is ageing. F4 and Tomcats? They definitely can beat PAF Migs (that Chinese version). But noway near Pakistani F16 Block 52s and MLU ed ones in Turkey, armed with AIM 120. That's my opinion

@Manticore what do you say

PAF's Exercises from around the World. | Page 20
Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V. | Page 34
ROSE upgrade

Pakistan's Special mission aircrafts Information Pool
MiG-21s & F-7s
f-7pg
PAF's MBDA-SPADA 2000 Surface to Air Missile System. | Page 6

This is not a Fair Comparison , you cannot compare PAF to IRAF ( no Disrespect intended ) Just Like you cannot Compare USAF with any Air Force ( Except Russia and may be China )

On the other Hand their Doctrine is different , they never thought they will win a Air War with any of the Good Air Forces , so they concentrated on Ground Air Defense which sadly is not progressing as the intended to at the start .
most of Chinese fleet is obsolete. .. which can't be compared to USAF right now... may be in future ....

I have almost forgotten the mirages :D. But I believe it would be the F7s if PAF was to suffer casualties.

Btw. Is PAF nuclear capable?
Raptor II = H4 ?
JeX3JHU.jpg

The longest ranged of these weapons is the Raptor. Originally developed with DoD funding, foreign investment has allowed the development of an improved version, the Raptor II, which is in production for the investor country. While the Raptor I is an unpowered PGM, the Raptor II is an ASM, with significantly greater range.

Cobra's%2Bdeadly%2Bvenom..jpg

YFXst7k.jpg
rx5zvkL.jpg

kScg7nT.jpg

H-2 is the AGM, [perhaps version of raptor 1]

please correct me if I am wrong

old pak def article
"It is a widely circulated rumor among the PAF critics that Pakistan acquired South African MUPSOW, a multi-purpose, surgical-strike weapon, designed to neutralize enemy targets such as airfields, bunkers and command-and-control centres at standoff ranges. Pinpoint accuracy is achieved by using an advanced navigation and terminal guidance technology. It is also known that between 1996-98 Pakistan bought category A and B military hardware which includes sensitive major significant equipment, such as fighter jets and other large systems. Some sources also report that PAF was also testing South African Raptor I and II precision guided munitions which were designed based on Mirage III/Cheetah being the primary platform of launch.

Although identified as the DART pod, this appears identical to Rafael's LITENING pod. Other Mirage 5F upgrades included an integrated electronic warfare suite, on-board oxygen generation system (OBOGS), and single point pressure refueling. One of the key features of the ROSE upgrade was the induction of Italian FIAR Grifo-M radar, which is a copy of US made APG-68 radar. This gave these aircraft the capability of carrying BVR missiles. At the time Pakistan was interested in South African Darter series of missiles, which later on fell through due to sanctions imposed, by South Africa when military government took over after a bloodless coup. "

MUPSOW
mupsow_01_2.jpg

mirage- raad
Pakistan+Successfully+Tests+Hatf-VIII+Ra%25E2%2580%2599ad+Air-Launched+Cruise+Missile+%25283%2529.bmp
raad1fb9.jpg

f2wHeyD.jpg

Hatf-VIII (Ra'ad) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raptor II = H4 ?
JeX3JHU.jpg

The longest ranged of these weapons is the Raptor. Originally developed with DoD funding, foreign investment has allowed the development of an improved version, the Raptor II, which is in production for the investor country. While the Raptor I is an unpowered PGM, the Raptor II is an ASM, with significantly greater range.

Cobra's%2Bdeadly%2Bvenom..jpg

YFXst7k.jpg
rx5zvkL.jpg

kScg7nT.jpg

H-2 is the AGM, [perhaps version of raptor 1]

please correct me if I am wrong

old pak def article

MUPSOW
mupsow_01_2.jpg

mirage- raad
Pakistan+Successfully+Tests+Hatf-VIII+Ra%25E2%2580%2599ad+Air-Launched+Cruise+Missile+%25283%2529.bmp
raad1fb9.jpg

f2wHeyD.jpg

PAF Mirages seem very well equipped. My question was Does PAF has nuclear weopns on her inventory such as the B61-12

1UEKfBM.jpg
1APj8aI.jpg
zfr1sOX.jpg
Ra3FgvM.jpg

Hatf-VIII (Ra'ad) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Warhead450 kg HE or nuclear 10 to 35 kt

The Ra'ad (Urdu: رعد‎, "Thunder") is an air-launched cruise missile (ALCM) developed by Pakistan and operational with the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Though initially launched from a PAF Dassault Mirage III ROSE combat aircraft during testing, the missile is planned to be integrated with and launched from other PAF platforms such as the JF-17combat aircraft.[2] The Ra'ad's current range is stated to be 350 km

PAF Mirages seem very well equipped. My question was Does PAF has nuclear weopns on her inventory such as the B61-12

Ive already posted the ra'ad launch video

this comparison is really unfair.
one side is constantly producing domestic radar and missiles, has already produced these:

and can change, upgrade and install them on any aircraft, and that's why its commander dares to say Saegheh which is an upgrade on F-5 is competitor to American F-18,

and the other side is just using the leftover of export version (downgraded version) of other countries.

some people who are dreaming of superiority in the region may don't like my comment but back in reality things are different;
one side can discover and capture third party's stealth drones while the same third party's drones are killing the other side's civilians. better to wake up.

F5 twin tailed is a competitor to F-18? WTF are smoking? On what specs? Basis? Radar? Thrust? Weapon systems? Jesus you Iranians are so ill informed it's actually surprising. You guys havent made a succesful twin tailed F5 from scratch. Just Old framed refurbished. Old engines being cannibalized. Your twin tailed F-5s are nothing but F-5 offering basic Russian missile system. Those birds are good as F-5 which is nada.

F-16 Block 52 are downgraded? 4500 planes in existence speak for a reason. Your BVR is 1st gen while our's is 3rd or 4th Gen. Yea we know what we talk about. Your Phoenix have an effective range of 50+ km anything more and it is easy to evade, while ours have 120 km+. Leftover my ***.

The drone you pulled down scrambling GPS, seriously i can do it, I have the tools (my firm). Dont act if you took over unencrypted transmission is just something Iran can do. We dont because we have a deal. Drones now are we talking about? What happened to the Airforce? Or are you just out of topics and going to take cheap potshots

You guys are full of yourselves, over nothing but hot air your mulla propaganda machine pumps in to your tv/radio whatever.

F5 twin tailed is a competitor to F-18? WTF are smoking? On what specs? Basis? Radar? Thrust? Weapon systems? Jesus you Iranians are so ill informed it's actually surprising. You guys havent made a succesful twin tailed F5 from scratch. Just Old framed refurbished. Old engines being cannibalized. Your twin tailed F-5s are nothing but F-5 offering basic Russian missile system. Those birds are good as F-5 which is nada.

F-16 Block 52 are downgraded? 4500 planes in existence speak for a reason. Your BVR is 1st gen while our's is 3rd or 4th Gen. Yea we know what we talk about. Your Phoenix have an effective range of 50+ km anything more and it is easy to evade, while ours have 120 km+. Leftover my ***.

The drone you pulled down scrambling GPS, seriously i can do it, I have the tools (my firm). Dont act if you took over unencrypted transmission is just something Iran can do. We dont because we have a deal. Drones now are we talking about? What happened to the Airforce? Or are you just out of topics and going to take cheap potshots

You guys are full of yourselves, over nothing but hot air your mulla propaganda machine pumps in to your tv/radio whatever.
please dont use the term 'your people' 'you guys' -- address only the poster -- I've removed the part where you used the term 'you iranis' generalizing the nationality

please dont use the term 'your people' 'you guys' -- address only the poster -- I've removed the part where you used the term 'you iranis' generalizing the nationality

I have met plenty of them to form this opinion, self entitled and prejudicial people. It would be better off to lock this thread down as it serves no purpose. I am too tired to answer their ridiculous assertions of superiority with 12 F-14s that can barely fly combat sorties.

it's interesting that people like you try to cover their lack of logic by bringing the mullah word to every discussion.
now I show you who actually is ill informed:
1.the range of Fakour (AIM54) isn't 50km, it's around 200km and if fired from 30000 feet and the enemy fighter is flying in low altitude, this range will increase to 220km, I heard a memory from one of Iraqi pilots that immediately after his take off and while was turning his fighter toward Iran, his plane got hit from nowhere, that's the power of that radar and missile.

2.as I said we produce these weapons ourselves, we can mount them on any aircraft that we wish, not just F-14s, and again referring to western sources about the number of operational aircraft in Iran shows how ill-mannered you are. these sources are the same ones who were saying Iran has 3 or 5 BM launchers, yet recently IRGC decided to humiliate their B.S reports by showing 30 of them in just one parade.

3. you asked what happened to air force? and why I dragged the drones into this field? well, while drones are part of air force and while we are way ahead of you in this field, yet I didn't. I just mentioned about RQ170 incident, the fact is that I talked about the capabilities of our air force in the first place, but since there is no any war to examine our fighters, I used the RQ170 story as a proof for our capability in the radars and electronics warfare. but it seems it was a sensitive and painful story for you.

4.let me know if you found any credible source stating that RQ-170 uses unencrypted communication channel.

5.how do you know if we have used GPS spoofing? besides, we are not talking about a 70 era drone, it's latest American technology, if we wouldn't capture that drone today everyone would say RQ-170 can find it's path even with false GPS signals,
secondly we are talking about military grade encrypted GPS signals, an spy plane with upward looking GPS antennas, flying at 50k feet altitude and in the middle of nowhere, kiddo forget your cell phone GPS. and if still you think you can break into that code, then give its tech to Pakistan and save your people.

6. you said, you let Americans to kill your civilians, women and children because of the deal (what a shameful deal!), yet Pakistan's government complaining about violation of their sovereignty tells us something else.

I have met plenty of them to form this opinion, self entitled and prejudicial people. It would be better off to lock this thread down as it serves no purpose. I am too tired to answer their ridiculous assertions of superiority with 12 F-14s that can barely fly combat sorties.

Oh shut up you Indian lover.

You can generalize Iranians, but not Indians. Hypocrite.

Oh shut up you Indian lover.

You can generalize Iranians, but not Indians. Hypocrite.

Indian are asteen ke saamp, no denying i just know how to deal with them :)

it's interesting that people like you try to cover their lack of logic by bringing the mullah word to every discussion.
now I show you who actually is ill informed:
1.the range of Fakour (AIM54) isn't 50km, it's around 200km and if fired from 30000 feet and the enemy fighter is flying in low altitude, this range will increase to 220km, I heard a memory from one of Iraqi pilots that immediately after his take off and while was turning his fighter toward Iran, his plane got hit from nowhere, that's the power of that radar and missile.

2.as I said we produce these weapons ourselves, we can mount them on any aircraft that we wish, not just F-14s, and again referring to western sources about the number of operational aircraft in Iran shows how ill-mannered you are. these sources are the same ones who were saying Iran has 3 or 5 BM launchers, yet recently IRGC decided to humiliate their B.S reports by showing 30 of them in just one parade.

3. you asked what happened to air force? and why I dragged the drones into this field? well, while drones are part of air force and while we are way ahead of you in this field, yet I didn't. I just mentioned about RQ170 incident, the fact is that I talked about the capabilities of our air force in the first place, but since there is no any war to examine our fighters, I used the RQ170 story as a proof for our capability in the radars and electronics warfare. but it seems it was a sensitive and painful story for you.

4.let me know if you found any credible source stating that RQ-170 uses unencrypted communication channel.

5.how do you know if we have used GPS spoofing? besides, we are not talking about a 70 era drone, it's latest American technology, if we wouldn't capture that drone today everyone would say RQ-170 can find it's path even with false GPS signals,
secondly we are talking about military grade encrypted GPS signals, an spy plane with upward looking GPS antennas, flying at 50k feet altitude and in the middle of nowhere, kiddo forget your cell phone GPS. and if still you think you can break into that code, then give its tech to Pakistan and save your people.

6. you said, you let Americans to kill your civilians, women and children because of the deal (what a shameful deal!), yet Pakistan's government complaining about violation of their sovereignty tells us something else.

I will reply to you in detail, you are wrong about phoenix's range. 50km was it's maximum kill distance, anything else was evaded.

Toodaloo see you tomorrow.

I have almost forgotten the mirages :D. But I believe it would be the F7s if PAF was to suffer casualties.

It depends whether the fight is BVR or WVR. If its BVR, than the Tomcats will eat the F7's alive. But bring that fight into WVR and the survivability of the F7's especially the F7 PG's increases significantly. In fact i would argue it can be mano to mano against anything the IRIAF can throw. The PG's are designed to fight WVR knife fights, and their operators are very seasoned pilots with thousands of hours under their belts. They specialize in knife fighting, heck they have beaten the F16's many many times in mock combats. The F16 operators fear the most getting into a knife fight against the PG's. In fact, TUAF was most impressed by the performance of the F7 PG's when exercises were held in Pakistan. Thus, i don't agree with your conclusion.

Btw. Is PAF nuclear capable?

Yes, PAF has been practicing toss bombing nukes since the 1980's. But Pakistan's primary mechanism for nuke delivery are the missiles, PAF has been largely put in the back corner now when it comes to delivering nukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom