Status
Not open for further replies.

bl4ckic3

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Hi guys,
I want to ask folks here to give us a comparison between IRIAF vs PAF, This comparison must be related to equipments(aircraft, attack helicopters, air to air missiles etc) , training capabilities, Air defense and SEAL capabilities.
Please exclude surface to surface missile capabilities as well as Nuclear strike capabilities of the country and tell me which country can be the winner in a air battle (don't consider external help from other countries and again nukes)
Please tag other people who might know about this, since its my first post here and have no friend.

Thanks!.

I think it's worth to know about it. the last comparison I saw was for 2004, in worldaffairsboard forum
So I thought it's important to upgrade such comparison after years. Since both PAF and IRIAF equipped with new type of equipments, And yes, why not, history and battle experience can be another point of interest.

I think overall they would be pretty much equal. Iran has migs, F-14s, f-4s and f-5s. Iran has also been training to fight f-16s since the revolution so it would be ready. F-16s is what Pakistan is most likely to use in an attack. I'm not sure how the airforce plans to use the JF-17 so can't make a judgement on that. However, what might make PAF more powerful is that it's potential to aquire deadlier weapons in case of war. PAF also has AWACS... I'm not a some kind of expert so don't get your feelings hurt if something I said was wrong. It's a DISCUSSION board after all

Vs thread is only allowed in air warfare section atm

Vs threads don't allow one liners nor trolling

Thanks moderator for moving the thread, I am just new here.
@flameboard I think you have to consider the BVR missiles too. As an Iranian my judge don't count :P

I think overall they would be pretty much equal. Iran has migs, F-14s, f-4s and f-5s. Iran has also been training to fight f-16s since the revolution so it would be ready. F-16s is what Pakistan is most likely to use in an attack. I'm not sure how the airforce plans to use the JF-17 so can't make a judgement on that. However, what might make PAF more powerful is that it's potential to aquire deadlier weapons in case of war. PAF also has AWACS... I'm not a some kind of expert so don't get your feelings hurt if something I said was wrong. It's a DISCUSSION board after all

Read on
aim120 , sd10, raad , mar1, awacs , air refuellers, f16 mlu , mirage ROSE upgrades, jf17 [jf-17 info pool thread] , paf dog fighting stats, exercises with other countries, industrial base, pilot training, jf17 vs gripen

gUKEAmL.jpg

Hi guys,
I want to ask folks here to give us a comparison between IRIAF vs PAF, This comparison must be related to equipments(aircraft, attack helicopters, air to air missiles etc) , training capabilities, Air defense and SEAL capabilities.
Please exclude surface to surface missile capabilities as well as Nuclear strike capabilities of the country and tell me which country can be the winner in a air battle (don't consider external help from other countries and again nukes)
Please tag other people who might know about this, since its my first post here and have no friend.

Thanks!.

Pakistan is way better than Iran.

*coming from an Indian.

First of all Pakistani pilots are better trained then their Iranian counter parts. Iranian air force looks outdated to me.

This is a bad comparison because Iran doesnt have a war capable airforce. Their F-14s are 35 years old.

Hi guys,

Thanks!.
When you are beginning such a serious discussion, it's my request to you to expand upon the topic -

1. What aircraft does both air forces use on the front line - no trainers pls for example
2. How old are they - age of the aircrafts in service?
3. In case of indigenous Iranian aircraft - what is the nearest NATO/SOVIET equivalent ?

As for my opinion - Pakistan Air Force is a fierce combatant and technologically advanced. Also pls do inform about the Iranian RADAR capabilities - Pakistan is strong there as well.
Anti F-16 training for Iran is not much of an use because the doctrine for Pakistan Air Force is way different from the USAF I believe. It must be more tuned to the Indian use of aircraft. The only way the Iranian Air Force can have an upper hand for having an indigenous programme(correct me if I am wrong). Also the oil supplies should be a matter of concern. Pakistan imports all jet fuel, and strategic bombing of fuel supplies(though very very difficult) can cripple air operations for some time.

IRIAF pilots are very capable proficient and professional and well trained the only thing they don't have is capable aircrafts. But this might change in less than a decade as US/west is getting closer to iran and moving away from certain arab states.

WOAH, that means we win

Certainly,

With all due respect Iranians, even Indian naval aviation is larger and stronger than Iranian Air force.

The only way the Iranian Air Force can have an upper hand for having an indigenous programme(correct me if I am wrong).

They have indigenous copy of Northrop F-5 (HESA Sadeqeh) which itself was a copy of Mig-21. Indigenous manufacturing does not count much when quality of produce is poor. The only plane they have worth mentioning are some 20 odd Mig 29.

Iranian leadership has seriously neglected their Airforce by preparing for some phantom war with USA ( thus not investing in Aircrafts as they would be taken out easily by USAF ) and today is in such a precarious situation that it's each and every neighbour, barring Iraq ( not for long ) and Kuwait has a stronger Airforce than them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom