What's new

IRIAF Vs. PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously now , and you are a Senior member ..
Sometimes you have to face the reality and accept it , before it knocks on your door .
and you are a think tank !!

people will laugh at illogical and unfounded statements like : WE ARE THE BEST !!! WE ARE LIKE USA AND IRAN IS LIKE CAMBOJ .......

WE CANNOT BE COMPARED . i categorized you as an informed member before ..... now i donno what to say buddy ....

@haman10

based on range, payload, bvr, radar, generation... WHAT?? These kind of one liners without data to back it dont increase the quality of discussions
no !! base on role !!

Mig-29 is an air superiority fighter . F-16 and JF-17 are both multi-role fighters

Does it fly? :undecided: I mean no offence but would like a video or two, I'm kinda interested in it.
Dont joke me please , i'm not in the mood of trolling crap and stuff like that ......

does it fly is clearly trolling , if i want to respond like you i would say it flies much better than burraq :lol:

but here you go :

Last edited:
Well,

Both military forces are defense focus. Iran relies on her mighty rocket artillery whereas Pakistan relies on own nuclear silos.

Iranian air force is ageing. F4 and Tomcats? They definitely can beat PAF Migs (that Chinese version). But noway near Pakistani F16 Block 52s and MLU ed ones in Turkey, armed with AIM 120. That's my opinion

@Manticore what do you say

Cray baby rants

You have no idea about your own AF do you? You guys have 12 f-14s combat ready. The rest have been grounded for spares. You do not have AWACS ELINT crafts, no matter how many drones you have they hold nothing to such beasts in the air.

Your ground based Radar network is not upto par with us. Your planes are shoddy, Mig 29's cannot handle Block 52 plus MLU F-16s with AIM-120C and D. Your F-14's would be shot down or wont engage at all. F4s and F-5s will be made mincemeat by JF-17s.

I'm not boasting but I'm making you realize that your AF is not upto par at all. Nor is your rolling armor. You might buy on military propaganda of mullas but here in our country we are knowledgeable about ours.

And if a plane is designated Air-Superiority doesnt make it automatically the best, what missile systems do you have? Radar range? Thrust Ratio (TWR)? Combat readiness etc etc. You do not have the missile systems to threaten PAF effectively. You realise how old the Iranian missile systems are in storage? Most of them will turn out to be duds.

And learn to have a discussion maturely on PDF, this isnt your backyard, mind your manners.

Cue the cry baby antics in 3..2..1.

a Good air force has all of the following :

1- Good fighter jets

2- Good UAV fleet

3- Good Air Defences

pakistan has 2 good fighters ( although the chinese one is not field tested and no one knows how capable it is )

pakistan has no UAV/UCAV , iran does .

pakistan's air defences , unfortunately , is a mere JOKE . ours is definately the most capable one among muslim countries

and you are a think tank !!

people will laugh at illogical and unfounded statements like : WE ARE THE BEST !!! WE ARE LIKE USA AND IRAN IS LIKE CAMBOJ .......

WE CANNOT BE COMPARED . i categorized you as an informed member before ..... now i donno what to say buddy ....

Now Dont force me to get my whip .. there was a time when i would have explained this to you over a 5000 word post but nowadays i do not have that kind of time . but still let me give you a Compact version .

IRAF Has a total of 150 operational Aircraft 70% of which are more or less sitting ducks against any potent modern Fighter , you do not have any BVR capabilities and any AEW&C Capabilities , the only Threat is from F14 (44 in number ) who are aged and without any potent upgrade , and then Mig 29 whoa re facing the same issue , you do not have Radar powerful enough that can intercept PAF Aircraft from a longer distance .

Now PAF has around 450 Aircraft 70% of which are Upto Modern Standards , PAF has AEW&C Support giving them Upper hand on any Air Force that does not have the AEW&C , which in this case is Iran , It has BVR that Iran Does not , which mean it can effectively shoot down Iranian Aircraft before they get close for Dogfight . and even if they do manage to get close their experience Fades away in front of PAF .

and i am not even including 70% of other stuff .

Being Patriotic is Fine , but being blinded by Patriotism is simply Foolish .

Next Time you quote me , you better have a Good reply with facts & figures instead of Rants .

Dont joke me please , i'm not in the mood of trolling crap and stuff like that ......
does it fly is clearly trolling , if i want to respond like you i would say it flies much better than burraq
but here you go :
Yeah thanks for the video, btw I wasn't trolling or anything.

a Good air force has all of the following :

1- Good fighter jets

2- Good UAV fleet

3- Good Air Defences

pakistan has 2 good fighters ( although the chinese one is not field tested and no one knows how capable it is )

pakistan has no UAV/UCAV , iran does .

pakistan's air defences , unfortunately , is a mere JOKE . ours is definately the most capable one among muslim countries

Your knowledge is just plane names, nothing else. You do not have AWACS, we can detect them in your territory before they go airborne. We do have UCAV, just inducted them. Your air defenses are 70's system plus BUK systems just in new boxes. Doesnt make them sooper dooper advances as the parades make them out to be.

Yeah your "S-300" competitor are just drums on missile trucks. Please spare me your bullshit. No wonder everyone thinks you're foolish with no data to back but blowing figures out of your ***.

You planes do not get 70 hours of flight time a YEAR while ours get 150 HOURS plus on F-16s. This shows your planes conditions. Please dont even get into weapons systems.

I cant deal with your childish comparison, you dont know what consists in an airforce except UAV. What would UAV do in a freaking Air warfare? Drones are for ground crew or more rather Army or intelligence. I wash my hands off this.

I wouldnt write off the F4. They are getting new radars,rwr from china.They too can get their hands on PL10s.
WVR, the f16/jf17 would definitely out-turn the f4..however, the f4 pilot, knowing that the f4 has a better perfo in the vertical , may thrust up,engage the smaller aircraft and dive like mad back to the deck..
The case is similar for f14s as well

Your observation on r77 is correct.The mig29 they have is of 'A' designation ...no r77s untill they upgrade their radar.But again, a chinese upgrade may not be an impossible task..which paves the way for PL10s again.

My post missed should have mentioned that iran needs to upgrade their aircrafts avionics..they had a chance withe the hesa f5 clone..but i see no progress in that department.AS correctly mentioned by you and stressed by me, the missiles are the game changers. The absence of a credible BVR dogfighting missile is a glaring mistake that IRAF must resolve

What is the source china supplying radar for F-4s? Please post credible source. Although due to Arms embargo iran can't get anything as such. Because BVR factor is involved F-4 won't know who hit them from where.

F-5 derivatives are good for intermediate and for training other than that I am not sure how they would perform against F-16s/JF-17s. Most iranian western aircraft inventory are too old airframes and already crossed their life.

Except for F-14, Mig-29 there are no other aircrafts types in the inventory that can boldly take on the challenge. The mistake made by iran in 90s was it did not order flankers when indians were also ordering it from russia even so sanctions were in place russians were in position to sell it despite all.

Pakistan does has alot of UCAV's Program.

Burraq UCAV is the one under mass production While a armed variant of Shahpar is being developed

Well everything aside,PAF Experience is something Unbeaten in the region.

Tell me a single air force in the region with the below mentioned victories.

** 9:0 is against Israel

** 11:0 against USSR

** Our air superiority record against india is well known around the world

** we have beaten Eurofighter in air exercises(Google it just)

**we certainly hold some kills over a italian EFT aswell

Experience is something which still put iran decades behind Pakistan.

Now mention something from IRAN

NOTE:Air victories against Iraq doesnt count since their air force is not considered a airforce by any standard when the war between iraq and iran was conducted.Today they are better than Iran

PAF is better than IRAF plus we have AWACS. Our air crafts are most upgraded ones plus we have nukes.
I see somewhere that you were going to have your own nukes in 80s..

PAF can beat IRIAF any time of the day IMO. However,IRIAF can mount a tough fight in a situation in which PAF is the aggressor.

PAF for sure... but the scenario will change if US come close to Iran... then it will be game changer... But PAF HAVE TO FACE IAF ... PAF Got formidable f 16 fleet. .. which gives breathing space from Iranian Af...

this comparison is really unfair.
one side is constantly producing domestic radar and missiles, has already produced these:
906419_10151675739688603_1274074210_o.jpg
Fakur-90.jpg

(and some funny guy thinks Iran doesn't have BVR capabilities)

and can change, upgrade and install them on any aircraft, and that's why its commander dares to say Saegheh which is an upgrade on F-5 is competitor to American F-18,

and the other side is just using the leftover of export version (downgraded version) of other countries.

some people who are dreaming of superiority in the region may don't like my comment but back in reality things are different;
one side can discover and capture third party's stealth drones while the same third party's drones are killing the other side's civilians. better to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom