What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

You can find more information here.

Most parts and engines were also produced in Turkey as well as final assembly.

Now the same F110 engine is in TFX, well, not quite the same, a bit different obviously. The engine used in TFX is the same as in F-15EX
I ask a very simple question~How many fighters can Turkey produce in a year?

and you said that Turkey has produced fighters since the 1980s. So how many fighters has Turkey produced/assembled since the 1980s? total?

I ask a very simple question~How many fighters can Turkey produce in a year?

and you said that Turkey has produced fighters since the 1980s. So how many fighters has Turkey produced/assembled since the 1980s? total?
You worded it a bit weirdly,

emmm...... When did Turkey "produce/assemble" qualified fighters?
You said when? and I said since 80ies.

If you ask this question in the TFX thread, I'll answer

You can't even make engines

+90% of stuff you assemble import from foreign countries

Piss off MoFou
One of the reasons Turkey has progress in the airforce in terms of technological development (I won't speak about serial production) is part in due to their connections with advanced aerospace companies in Europe and North America. If you have stable suppliers that can provide what you need at a good price with good availability, this is not a bad thing.

One of the reasons the progress in Iran is slower, is because many things have to be done internal which can add many years to the development process. Cooperation is not a bad thing, and if a realistic country like Russia or China is willing and able to cooperate with Iran in the air sector, it would help alot. The problem is in the past, their was never anyone reliable, and the one time we tried to build a fighter with Russia, they cancelled and left after the US put pressure on them. This was more than 15 years ago;

images

One of the reasons Turkey has progress in the airforce in terms of technological development (I won't speak about serial production) is part in due to their connections with advanced aerospace companies in Europe and North America. If you have stable suppliers that can provide what you need at a good price with good availability, this is not a bad thing.

One of the reasons the progress in Iran is slower, is because many things have to be done internal which can add many years to the development process. Cooperation is not a bad thing, and if a realistic country like Russia or China is willing and able to cooperate with Iran in the air sector, it would help alot. The problem is in the past, their was never anyone reliable, and the one time we tried to build a fighter with Russia, they cancelled and left after the US put pressure on them. This was more than 15 years ago;

images
Looks like a Yak 130. Not a bad idea, I'm sure Russia would be willing to share the Yak-130 technology now, as they've got nothing left to lose.

Perhaps Iran could pay back with drone technology? Idk.

Looks like a Yak 130. Not a bad idea, I'm sure Russia would be willing to share the Yak-130 technology now, as they've got nothing left to lose.

Perhaps Iran could pay back with drone technology? Idk.
This project would've been a good advanced trainer that is strongly needed and would've been completed more than decade ago. Pilots by now would all have experience handling what is considered modern aviation equipment. Most pilots in Iran are still accustomed to old age equipment and therefore strategies. Unfortunately political decisions due to lack of willpower and different geopolitical realities at the time put this project to rest. Iran was forced to make its own trainer under the name Yasin which I think you probably heard of. A unfortunte waste of time but ultimentaly solvable

At this point, their assistance on this trainer front is no longer required.

This project would've been a good advanced trainer that is strongly needed and would've been completed more than decade ago. Pilots by now would all have experience handling what is considered modern aviation equipment. Most pilots in Iran are still accustomed to old age equipment and therefore strategies. Unfortunately political decisions due to lack of willpower and different geopolitical realities at the time put this project to rest. Iran was forced to make its own trainer under the name Yasin which I think you probably heard of. A unfortunte waste of time but ultimentaly solvable

At this point, their assistance on this trainer front is no longer required.
Well perhaps you could get AI-222 engines from the Russian Salyut for a more powerful version of Yasin (more than double the power)

You know, save your engines to make more drones haha

Well perhaps you could get AI-222 engines from the Russian Salyut for a more powerful version of Yasin (more than double the power)

You know, save your engines to make more drones haha
we never used owj in our drones
we use Tolue family of engines in our jet powered drones

we never used owj in our drones
we use Tolue family of engines in our jet powered drones
Why not? It's a bit weak for a manned jet, should be more useful in a drone.

I'm sure it will be used in the future as bigger UAVs are developed.

What's the by-pass ratio of owj? Maybe it could power a HALE drone

Last edited:
Why not? It's a bit weak for a manned jet, should be more useful in a drone.

I'm sure it will be used in the future as bigger UAVs are developed.

What's the by-pass ratio of owj? Maybe it could power a HALE drone
probably they use bigger tolue engine or perhaps two tolue-14 or jahesh-700
and as far as i'm aware bypass ratio is something belong to turbo fan engine not turbo jet ones

probably they use bigger tolue engine or perhaps two tolue-14 or jahesh-700
and as far as i'm aware bypass ratio is something belong to turbo fan engine not turbo jet ones
Turbojets get by-pass fans too otherwise they are just jets. If owj doesn't have a by-pass fan that could be added and used in subsonic long-endurance drones.

I would still prefer a RD-33 powered Kowsar and AI-222 powered Yasin. If you're cooperating with Russia why not go all the way? Am I right?

Leggy, i have seen acems are being wild again. Please, let me give you a hand.

Here;

kasim-suleymani-nin-cesedi-parmagindaki-yuzukten-12780340_6192_o.jpg
I laughed way too hard :lol: I wasn't expecting that

No, your mother gives us the stuff, because we give her a hard stuff in the @ss

f16%20tesis.jpg

160 F-16s produced in Ankara.

Iran is a shithole where every other country takes a piss on it. Burn and die from jealousy you fvckers.
@waz @WebMaster ...bad characters have invaded the Iranian forum...please enforce the forum rules. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom