What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

How exactly is that related to what I said?

Your comment was a mix of excitation and rhetoric, not backed by scientific or historical evidence.

What do you want me to say? Another piece of rhetoric and emotion. Here you go:
“Our missiles will blot out the sun. You will cease to exist. You will stand no chance.”

lol bro why tejas?? peanut range peanut payload no BVR...
The most important factor is delivery time.

Inreality IRIAF should procure what ever aircraft they can find in the market so that they can build numbers. They need to replace their F-4s. Here are some of the aircraft that they can easily get if sanctions are removed in considerable numbers.

Mirage F-1
Mig-29

Some of the self aircraft that are available with reasonable quick delivery.
J-10
JF-17
J-16
JH-7

Inreality IRIAF should procure what ever aircraft they can find in the market so that they can build numbers. They need to replace their F-4s. Here are some of the aircraft that they can easily get if sanctions are removed in considerable numbers.

Mirage F-1
Mig-29

J-10
JF-17
J-16
JH-7

The only air fighter Iran needs is an AIR SUPERIORITY fighter. Iran’s primary goal is to defend its air skies.

All the aircraft you just named wouldn’t survive against F-22 or F-35 and even if they could, their mission scope is mostly A2G rather than built for A2A.

So no Iran shouldn’t spend money on garbage 4th gen fighters that are used to primarily to bomb sandal wearing insurgents.

Mirage F-1
Mig-29

J-10
JF-17
J-16
JH-7
Iran really does not need to build number, just replace existing fleet. numbers going higher would be good though.
and i don't think Iran would buy those jets because the deal is already made back in ~2016(??) with Russians for yak-130 and su-30. some say even su-35. if Iran will have a window in 40 years to buy something it's better to make the best of it.

The only air fighter Iran needs is an AIR SUPERIORITY fighter. Iran’s primary goal is to defend its air skies.

All the aircraft you just named wouldn’t survive against F-22 or F-35 and even if they could, their mission scope is mostly A2G rather than built for A2A.

So no Iran shouldn’t spend money on garbage 4th gen fighters that are used to primarily to bomb sandal wearing insurgents.

We simply can't compete with the U.S on this front. It's not even worth time and money for investment. A B-1B with 4 F-22's can probably defeat a whole squadron beyond visual range. Theirs just no chance. Main focus in aviation should really focus on logistics of equipment, intelligence gathering, rapid transportation of personnel and ground support for organizations attempting to cause harm to Iran.

If we plan on fighting a regional force than 4th gen will be bare minimum and by the time they are delivered they are already outdated and the costs has no return on investment in the future. We supply give our money away and get equipment that will fail in 10 years. It's honestly like purchasing a car.

There is something know as an asymmetric war where one uses economics to win. All the aircraft that I have mentioned can be armed with BVR missiles and are available in fraction of the cost of F-22 and F-35. These can potentially be optimised with both Iranian, eastern and western weapon systems giving them various options against adversaries.

Moreover these aircraft can not be sanctioned by the US as they do not carry any equipment manufactured in USA.

As far as 5th generation aircraft are not available. SU-57 has only been officially started production hence its producti0n rate is not ideal. J-20 will not be sold to any country, the other Chinese stealth J-31 is only in development with 3 prototypes so far. TFX would take around 4-5 years more till they can be delivered.

What I am trying to say is SU-30 / Su-35 will be available but incase the sanctions are enforced again within the next 6-8 months Iran will have nothing but if they go for the options mentioned in my earlier post they can get these within the 6 to 8 month period and can be upgraded locally.

This would ensure IRIAF with a decent aerial deniability capability and also boost local industry by having local production. The only aircraft that will not bring in local production is the Mirage F-1 however engine production facility can be acquired.

Iran really does not need to build number, just replace existing fleet. numbers going higher would be good though.
and i don't think Iran would buy those jets because the deal is already made back in ~2016(??) with Russians for yak-130 and su-30. some say even su-35. if Iran will have a window in 40 years to buy something it's better to make the best of it.

We simply can't compete with the U.S on this front. It's not even worth time and money for investment. A B-1B with 4 F-22's can probably defeat a whole squadron beyond visual range. Theirs just no chance. Main focus in aviation should really focus on logistics of equipment, intelligence gathering, rapid transportation of personnel and ground support for organizations attempting to cause harm to Iran.

If we plan on fighting a regional force than 4th gen will be bare minimum and by the time they are delivered they are already outdated and the costs has no return on investment in the future. We supply give our money away and get equipment that will fail in 10 years. It's honestly like purchasing a car.

IRIAF needs to get every thing but we must see what is available. The areal tankers and AWAC's need to be replaced as well along with transport aircraft not to mention the AH1 Cobra need to be replaces and modifications in regards to locally being produce Toofan2 are required. Transport and logistic aircraft can not survive if they are not given adequate fighter and EW coverage.

IRIAF should be able to do something similar to what Pakistan Air Force did on 27th Febuary 2019.

Last edited:

Mirage F-1
Mig-29

J-10
JF-17
J-16
JH-7
why we need bombers?

and how SU-30 and Yak-130 is supposed to last Iran for the next 40 years ?

What I am trying to say is SU-30 / Su-35 will be available but incase the sanctions are enforced again within the next 6-8 months Iran will have nothing but if they go for the options mentioned in my earlier post they can get these within the 6 to 8 month period and can be upgraded locally.
why we must buy something that we don't need for the sake of buying something

Realistically there's a chance sanctions won't be re-imposed on Iran because the US is no longer a member of the nuclear deal. There's already a considerable amount of push back against their upcoming attempt.

In any case, despite this pushback, the US wields alot of power and influence so they might get their way. However even if they do, there's a good chance that countries like China, Russia won't recognize the "snap back" as legitimate.

So regardless Russia will most likely still sell fighter jets to Iran.

Now in regards to Iran's needs and options. Really there are two choices. Build more optimized F-5s or buy a decent number of SU-30 jets.

In my opinion, I think the SU-30, with technology transfers, along with a deal on future procurement of SU-35, SU-57 would be excellent for Iran. Iran's airforce needs an injection, a boost.

The F-4's needs to go and just the sheer variety of jets is a logistics nightmare.

Iran can build it's own subsonic trainers and perhaps build a few dozen more F-5's for training and as a light combat aircraft. That option paired with the SU-30 would be just what Iran needs in my opinion.

why we need bombers?

and how SU-30 and Yak-130 is supposed to last Iran for the next 40 years ?

why we must buy something that we don't need for the sake of buying something

When we are hypothesising we have to remember there are many factors at play here, a very important one is how does actually Iran see the future of manned fighter jets? I don't think there is any question that unmanned platforms will take a considerable portion of the spotlight in the future. This is not to say they will replace manned systems anytime soon, but what they will do is reduce our quantitative need for manned fighters. I am not going to comment on Iran's UAV development because as we all know that is quite impressive. I feel the future of Iranian aerial combat will be heavily comprised of the integration of manned and unmanned systems. At a recent interview (see below video) with the airforce commander, he said IRIAF initially were not into unmanned planes but that now things have greatly changed. He said they are not linking manned and unmanned planes in airforce.

When it comes to manned systems, like I mentioned few days ago, initially I can see Iran going for a few dozen 4th generation fighters with TOT and potentially in house manufacturing. In the long run, Iran's solutions must be indigenous. One cannot imagine Iran ever spending vast billion on imports of systems again. Once you have tasted the sweetness of indigenous development in terms of cost saving, pride, less dependance etc, then you will not want to go back. That is why it crucial Iran gets as much TOT as it can, especially when it comes to the crucial technology e.g turbofan so that going forward it can run things by itself in the airforce sector.

Edit: Watch the below interview with the airforce general if you already has not. Here he not only talks about the UAV matter, but he also hinted at Iran working on stealth fighter designs:

Last edited:
buying Su-30 give us no advantage , just throw away the money you can spend better and if you want to by YAK-130 why spend money on Yasin
yes we are the best shape with our f-4s, f-7s, f-1s and su-22s. yasin is a 4th generation trainer, yak-130 is 4+ and 5th generation.

When we are hypothesising we have to remember there are many factors at play here, a very important one is how does actually Iran see the future of manned fighter jets? I don't think there is any question that unmanned platforms will take a considerable portion of the spotlight in the future. This is not to say they will replace manned systems anytime soon, but what they will do is reduce our quantitative need for manned fighters. I am not going to comment on Iran's UAV development because as we all know that is quite impressive. I feel the future of Iranian aerial combat will be heavily comprised of the integration of manned and unmanned systems. At a recent interview with the airforce commander, he said IRIAF initially were not into unmanned planes but that now things have greatly changed.

When it comes to manned systems, like I mentioned few days ago, initially I can see Iran going for a few dozen 4th gen fighters with TOT and potentially in house manufacturing. In the long run, Iran's solutions must be indigenous. One cannot imagine Iran ever spending vast billion on imports of systems again. Once you have tasted the sweetness of indigenous development in terms of cost saving, pride, less dependance etc, then you will not want to go back. That is why it crucial Iran gets as much TOT as it can, especially when it comes to the crucial technology e.g turbofan so that going forward it can run things by itself in the airforce sector.

Edit: Watch the below interview with the airforce general if you already has not. Here he not only talks about the UAVs matter, but he also hinted at Iran working on stealth fighter designs:

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F02%2Fasdadadadvv.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

imagine this but with sofreh mahi instead of loyal wingman.:agree::agree:

yes we are the best shape with our f-4s, f-7s, f-1s and su-22s. yasin is a 4th generation trainer, yak-130 is 4+ and 5th generation.
no we are not the best shape with those , but those plane won't gave us any advantage even against KSA and UAE airforce . let not talk about USA and Israel.
and if you are worried that Yasin is 4th generation then spend some money and turn it into a 4+ or 5th generation airplane.
and as I saisd many time SU-30 is inferior to F-15 that is the backbone of out adversaries fleet.

you should build 5th generation before...

but f-4s are superior??
we are not buying any new F-4 and if you want to replace F-4 with Su-30 go forward and do it . but don't forget Su-30 needs a separate targetting pod if it want to drop anything but Iron Bombs.

It was supposed to be equal to F-15 but it come short of it in every aspect .
at least go and invest on something like Su-27sm2 that is a lot more advance than the most advance Su-30 or go after Su-35 not Su-30 that was designed as and export version for Su-27 andbe assure Russia will never give us SU-30SM1 that is equipped with Su-35 radar and engine

Back
Top Bottom