What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

All things considered, the US is probably going to re-impose the UN arms embargo on Iran. Technically the US shouldn't be able to do this since they're no longer a part of the nuclear deal. Regardless it seems as if they're going to try their best to push through.

However it already looks like Russia, China are firmly against the US in this regard. I have a feeling that even if the US is able to re-impose the UN sanctions on Iran, there's a good chance that Russia, China will simply label them as illegitimate and ignore them.

As we can see, Russia, China are both defying the UN arms embargo on Libya so it's possible.

In any case, what do you guys think about Iran buying Tejas jets from India ? They're priced at $30 million a piece and the Indian air force just ordered 80 I believe ?

On the other hand, it does cost Iran merely $7 million to build an F-5 knock off (Kowsar) with 4th generation avionics and radar. Would it make more sense, especially from a monetary standpoint, for Iran to build 40-60 more for F-5's with the latest upgrades ? I mean 4 Kowsars for the price of 1 Tejas... Hmmmm

View attachment 632971 View attachment 632973 View attachment 632975

Looking at the Tejas, it's a smaller jet and it has the Delta wing. Those features seem to be in style right now. Look at the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale jet, Jas 39 Gripen, etc. All Delta V wing, all small.

Eurofighter Typhoon
View attachment 632978

Dassault Rafale
View attachment 632980

Saab Jas 39 Gripen
View attachment 632981
Technically Tejas is a crap, IAF is not willing to buy CDS is imposing due budget, best for Iran is J 10 c or Su-30 around two sands along with in phase 2 going for Su 57 or J 20.

Yasin ? You mean the Kosar (not Kowsar with a W) trainer jet ? Honestly Yasin is a trainer still undergoing testing as far as I know. Realistically the one video we saw of it leaves quite a bit to be desired.

From watching the video it's painfully obvious that they haven't even perfected all the mechanisms to make it land and take off smoothly 100%. It has a long way to go until it can be compared to something like Tejas, which can actually take off and land on aircraft carriers.

I mean yes, Yasin is a decent achievement considering the fact that Iran is under severe sanctions. It reportedly uses an Iranian made engine and realistically there aren't many countries in the world that can even build jets at all.

I'd like to see where they've taken this project now. An update would be nice. Hopefully it looks and functions much more efficiently. Something that looks like the second jet would be nice.

yasin.jpg

yasin 2.jpg

Tejas is not far better than our Yasin/upgraded enhanced F5.

Most importantly, Yasin has an Iranian engine and Tejas does not have an Indian engine as of now.

Yasin ? You mean the Kosar (not Kowsar with a W) trainer jet ? Honestly Yasin is a trainer still undergoing testing as far as I know. Realistically the one video we saw of it leaves quite a bit to be desired.

From watching the video it's painfully obvious that they haven't even perfected all the mechanisms to make it land and take off smoothly 100%. It has a long way to go until it can be compared to something like Tejas, which can actually take off and land on aircraft carriers.

I mean yes, Yasin is a decent achievement considering the fact that Iran is under severe sanctions. It reportedly uses an Iranian made engine and realistically there aren't many countries in the world that can even build jets at all.

I'd like to see where they've taken this project now. An update would be nice. Hopefully it looks and functions much more efficiently. Something that looks like the second jet would be nice.

View attachment 632988

View attachment 632989

It will take time. US and Russia have 100 years of experience.
Even Chinese engine is not perfect yet and they depend on Russia. We have to be patient with that.

Well realistically it depends on whom Iran goes to war with.

Against the USA for example, Iran could have 200+ SU-30s and it won't make much of a difference. Even with SU-57, Iran might still lose against the USA in the air field, since anything Iran buys from Russia, China will be export versions, inherently inferior to what the premier powers would possess.

On the other hand, against regional rivals or neighboring countries, yes of course the SU-30s and especially something like a SU-57 or J-10 will make a huge difference.

If you consider price and value, the optimized F-5 Iran produces for approx $7 million is still an excellent, underrated option. People underestimate it because 1) it's made by Iran under sanctions 2) it's based the a design of a jet first introduced from the 60's. What people don't really consider though is that Iran's new F-5s are a modernized, optimized variant and are extremely underrated.

At this point Iran's F-5 program is merely something that the country can fall back on but realistically Iran either needs to spent a large sum of money on R&D, which might happen if Iran has no other choice. Otherwise Iran will go for the much more cost effective option of purchasing a large number of modern jets from Russia / China, along with a batch of stealth jets and technology transfers. Either way Iran's airfroce really needs a boost to bring it up to par with regional rivals like Saudi Arabia.

Other than that Iran really needs to invest in hypersonic technology. Iran already has a good foundation but realistically hypersonic missiles are going to be the decisive weapons of the future, like what precision, guided missiles / cruise missiles / stealth technology were to the Gulf War (UN vs Iraq)

Wrong. under any circumstance in any war you need air support otherwise you loose forces and equipment.

Last edited:
Against the USA for example, Iran could have 200+ SU-30s and it won't make much of a difference. Even with SU-57, Iran might still lose against the USA, since anything Iran buys from Russia, China will be export versions, inherently inferior.
bro look it this way, we have our missiles with an under equipped air force vs we have our missiles with capable air force.

Under current military circumstances, It will not be wise for Iran to invest money in IRIAF
While i agree that Iran shouldnt invest heavily its its airforce, i actually think Iran has invested quite appropraitely and smartly in the IRIAF - Local upgrades make investments cheaper. Iran also has a good strategy due to good # of aircraft..their quality might not be the best, but no airforce will show up in Iranian airspace and not get attacked. I also suspect people underestimate Iran's airforce due to lack of any exchange between it and another country's airforce. Also, people tend to think that because the IRIAF is no match for the USAF it cant damage national airforces, but it can and it will. Remember that even PDF members thought Iranian missiles were fake weapons until Iran started using them on entities. Same goes for IRIAF- people will think its fake and weak until it shows itself in a real scenario.

Airforces dont operate in a vacuum alone...Most countries with large or very good airforces are currently VERY AFRAID of losing 1 fighter jet to another nation through intentionally action. For ex, if Israel loses even 2-3 fighter jets, the morale in the IDF and IAF will drop consideratly, INSTANTLY.

Different countries have different strategies...for their unique situations..part of Irans strategy is also about "absorbing" hits...which is very valuable in military conflicts. ISrael for one cant take hits( we know this, because they are usually willing to start a war or attack someone else to prevent ISrael taking hits). So while Iran's airforce might not seem so great or ready(this is false, IRIAF is currently ready and capable and on standby for action), enemy airforces having good planes wont save them, they must enter Iran and succesfully complete 100s of bombing runs, and they wont be able o do that, Despite all their planes...this is reality...IRanian AF and AD will snag and down many planes. THere is reasons USAF only flies close to Iranian borders, but rarely in it. ONly stealth high altitude drones are sometimes used to penetrate Iranian airspace.

I'm not an Iran FANBOY, I'm an Iran FACTBOY.

bro look it this way, we have our missiles with an under equipped air force vs we have our missiles with capable air force.
But Iran only invests in 1 because it cant in the other...

Airforces dont operate in a vacuum alone...Most countries with large or very good airforces are currently VERY AFRAID of losing 1 fighter jet to another nation through intentionally action. For ex, if Israel loses even 2-3 fighter jets, the morale in the IDF and IAF will drop consideratly, INSTANTLY.
First of all that's wrong and unbased.
Israeli air force had dozens of casualties in 1967 and a hundred in 1973 yet it still crushed the enemy air forces with the highest air battle kill ratios in the world.

Second of all, even if that's true, remember when we did an 85-0 against Syrian jets?
Well the technological gap between Israel and its enemies is even higher now.

ISrael for one cant take hits( we know this, because they are usually willing to start a war or attack someone else to prevent ISrael taking hits)
Imagine being this retarded.
You think Israel can't take a hit because it prevents attacks against it.

reality...IRanian AF and AD will snag and down many planes. THere is reasons USAF only flies close to Iranian borders, but rarely in it. ONly stealth high altitude drones are sometimes used to penetrate Iranian airspace.
Iranian air force will fall like mosquitos, and their air defense will be destroyed with barely any losses.

First of all that's wrong and unbased.
Israeli air force had dozens of casualties in 1967 and a hundred in 1973 yet it still crushed the enemy air forces with the highest air battle kill ratios in the world.

Second of all, even if that's true, remember when we did an 85-0 against Syrian jets?
Well the technological gap between Israel and its enemies is even higher now.

Imagine being this retarded.
You think Israel can't take a hit because it prevents attacks against it.

Iranian air force will fall like mosquitos, and their air defense will be destroyed with barely any losses.

You should be very young. I don’t even know where to start to respond to you.

1. Do you know what defines a victory? Achieving you goals. Like disarming Hizbollah, removing Assad, changing Iran’s behavior, etc.
- Not casualties. Not razing civilian houses.

2. Read more about 33-day war, Abqaiq, conventional and nonconventional weapons.

3. Be more humble.

1. Do you know what defines a victory? Achieving you goals. Like disarming Hizbollah, removing Assad, changing Iran’s behavior, etc.

2. Read more about 33-day war, Abqaiq, conventional and nonconventional weapons.

3. Be more humble.
U got it bro, i initially thought he is 30, and every time i saw a defective post from him, so childish one, i simply substract 1 year from 30, so far my speculation he is arround 22-25.

3. Be more humble.
How exactly is that related to what I said?

Back
Top Bottom