What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Why Yak-130 when we have Yasin? lol
american canopy instrument use nautical miles and other american scales, Russians use kilometres and other ISI measures. there were several cases with our mig-29s which pilot confused and were about to meet izrael himself but they manage to ditch him.

american canopy instrument use nautical miles and other american scales, Russians use kilometres and other ISI measures. there were several cases with our mig-29s which pilot confused and were about to meet izrael himself but they manage to ditch him.
And unit conversation is such a big issue for a country that claims to produce indigenous fighters?

Are you Really asking why Iran needs an air superiority fighter?

SU-27 is F-14/F-15 equivalent and the predecessor to SU-30.

While these are just rumors. SU-27 with full TOT would be a major boom for Iran’s domestic air force projects.

I doubt Russia gives ToT with SU-30, more likely SU-27.

And unit conversation is such a big issue for a country that claims to produce indigenous fighters?
if you want to change the numbers you should change all instruments. you think Russians would agree with that??
have you recently saw something like this:
004957416.JPG

no?? because Russians objected to that.

if you want to change the numbers you should change all instruments. you think Russians would agree with that??
have you recently saw something like this:
004957416.JPG

no?? because Russians objected to that.
I think we might've misunderstood each other.
Why would they disagree with us converting units in Yasin? Isn't Yasin an indigenous fighter after all?

I think we might've misunderstood each other.
Why would they disagree with us converting units in Yasin? Isn't Yasin an indigenous fighter after all?
Oh sorry I misunderstood. yes it's possible but I guess we are buying yak 130 as an advanced trainer for su30 and possibly su35. my knowledge boundaries ends here and if I go beyond it will be just speculations.

Oh sorry I misunderstood. yes it's possible but I guess we are buying yak 130 as an advanced trainer for su30 and possibly su35. my knowledge boundaries ends here and if I go beyond it will be just speculations.
Actually that makes sense and you're probably right.

Are you Really asking why Iran needs an air superiority fighter?

SU-27 is F-14/F-15 equivalent and the predecessor to SU-30.

While these are just rumors. SU-27 with full TOT would be a major boom for Iran’s domestic air force projects.

I doubt Russia gives ToT with SU-30, more likely SU-27.

No that wasn't my point/question.

We all know Iran needs new equipment.

My point was why SU-27 rather than SU-35?

Or SU-30 derivative?

https://su27flankerfamily.wordpress.com/2015/10/20/su-27smsm3/

From what I recall Iran was associated with the SU-27SM3 earlier (but refused).

I guess the Israelis have pull in Russia too.

Last edited:
All things considered, the US is probably going to re-impose the UN arms embargo on Iran. Technically the US shouldn't be able to do this since they're no longer a part of the nuclear deal. Regardless it seems as if they're going to try their best to push through.

However it already looks like Russia, China are firmly against the US in this regard. I have a feeling that even if the US is able to re-impose the UN sanctions on Iran, there's a good chance that Russia, China will simply label them as illegitimate and ignore them.

As we can see, Russia, China are both defying the UN arms embargo on Libya so it's possible.

In any case, what do you guys think about Iran buying Tejas jets from India ? They're priced at $30 million a piece and the Indian air force just ordered 80 I believe ?

On the other hand, it does cost Iran merely $7 million to build an F-5 knock off (Kowsar) with 4th generation avionics and radar. Would it make more sense, especially from a monetary standpoint, for Iran to build 40-60 more for F-5's with the latest upgrades ? I mean 4 Kowsars for the price of 1 Tejas... Hmmmm

tejas 4.jpg
tejas 3.jpg
tejas.jpg

Looking at the Tejas, it's a smaller jet and it has the Delta wing. Those features seem to be in style right now. Look at the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale jet, Jas 39 Gripen, etc. All Delta V wing, all small.

Eurofighter Typhoon
eurofighter.jpg

Dassault Rafale
rafale jet.jpg

Saab Jas 39 Gripen
grippen.jpg

All things considered, the US is probably going to re-impose the UN arms embargo on Iran. Technically the US shouldn't be able to do this since they're no longer a part of the nuclear deal. Regardless it seems as if they're going to try their best to push through.

However it already looks like Russia, China are firmly against the US in this regard. I have a feeling that even if the US is able to re-impose the UN sanctions on Iran, there's a good chance that Russia, China will simply label them as illegitimate and ignore them.

As we can see, Russia, China are both defying the UN arms embargo on Libya so it's possible.

In any case, what do you guys think about Iran buying Tejas jets from India ? They're priced at $30 million a piece and the Indian air force just ordered 80 I believe ?

On the other hand, it does cost Iran merely $7 million to build an F-5 knock off (Kowsar) with 4th generation avionics and radar. Would it make more sense, especially from a monetary standpoint, for Iran to build 40-60 more for F-5's with the latest upgrades ? I mean 4 Kowsars for the price of 1 Tejas... Hmmmm

View attachment 632971 View attachment 632973 View attachment 632975

Looking at the Tejas, it's a smaller jet and it has the Delta wing. Those features seem to be in style right now. Look at the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale jet, Jas 39 Gripen, etc. All Delta V wing, all small.

Eurofighter Typhoon
View attachment 632978

Dassault Rafale
View attachment 632980

Saab Jas 39 Gripen
View attachment 632981
lol bro why tejas?? peanut range peanut payload no BVR...

Tejas is not far better than our Yasin/upgraded enhanced F5.

Most importantly, Yasin has an Iranian engine and Tejas does not have an Indian engine as of now.

Back
Top Bottom