What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

You are correct. It is using the same platform.

I haven't seen enough details about this version but the changes to the one seated versions are as follow:

• Two canted stabilizers which will increase its stability during high AOA manuver
  • Removal of one of the cannons which is an indication of larger radar or avionics
  • Change to the air inlet. I'm not sure what it would mean.
  • The engine section is bulged out that is an indication of a larger engine being used.
Here is a useful summary:

Iran's F-5-based fighter - signs of progress? - The Woracle

Steve Trimble has posted new pictures of the Iranian-developed Saegheh fighter over on his blog, The DEW Line. Look past the Blue Angels colour scheme and you will see subtle but significant differences between the two aircraft featured that suggest Iran’s “Lightning” is more than simply a reverse-engineered Tiger with two tails.

The first aircraft, presumably the earliest, looks pretty much like an F-5E and even the twin fins have a “tacked-on” appearance.
Iran6.jpg

Iran2.jpg

But the second aircraft, while similar in planform, has a number of differences including enlarged and reshaped inlets.
Iran5.jpg

Iran3.jpg

The first aircraft’s inlets are F-5 sized and shaped. The second one (right) has rectangular inlets that appear larger, and the wing leading-edge root extensions are slightly different.
Iran8.jpg
Iran7.jpg

A closer look shows the second aircraft’s intake trunk is bulged compared with the F-5E’s classic “coke-bottle” shape, although the auxiliary inlet is still there.
Iran9.jpg
Iran11.jpg

The base of the fin also has a more faired-in appearance, so the second aircraft could be the production version. The reason for the inlet redesign is not clear as the nozzles of both aircraft look similar, suggesting the engines have not changed.

But maybe there is a bigger engine in the pipeline, making for a higher performing aircraft. Which might explain why they would spoil the classic lines of the F-5 by doubling up on tails.

Meanwhile, this picture from Tehran’s military parade on 22 September shows two of the round-intake aircraft and one square-intake (top left)

- See more at: Iran's F-5-based fighter - signs of progress? - The Woracle

Sir you are taking the right steps in the right direction.

Hopefully we can co-operate one day if the US lifts some sanctions on you.

I may agree with RD-33 option based on what I mentioned above.

There is no way to place RD-33 engines inside!

Only something like F-20 tiger shark will be possible with a single RD-33 smoking engine!

You can't buy Russian stuff?

They have Su30 and 35 available. Or Mig29K the latest one with all latest tech.
Russia isn't allowed to sell the mullahs offensive weapons (UN sanctions). But more importantly, the mullahs are broke these days. They don't have any money, period.

Just to put things in perspective for you, last year Iran exported just a touch over a million barrels a day! Canada exported 3 million a day to just the US and growing. That's right, Canada exports 3 times more oil than Iran. 10 years ago this would've been unfathomable. But here we are. By 2020 the gap will get even more comical.

In any case, they don't have the cash to buy dick these days and it's only gonna get worse. Russia won't sell it to them anyway. Even if it wanted to there's the matter of those pesky UN sanctions.

any words on anka yet , butthurt torks ? :lol:

look , once again , for the millionth time : if our military industries shyte and that shyte crap itself to death , the shitty result will be light years ahead of you in technology .

you can ridicule others till you die , this is what you do like other muslims in the region : you make fun of others cause you are not capable of keeping up with them .

i'd love to see you when in 2018 first iranian astronaut finishes his sub-orbital exploration and you are still busy posting carp :lol:

@Serpentine please remove off-topic butthurtness

Indeed if you had one, it would have been a shitty one but you don't even have a military industry. What you have is a mullah propaganda machine pumping up these ridicilous "unveilings" every now and then.

By the way, the Iranian astronaut has already finished his little space exploration and rewarded with a banana on its return. Don't you remember?

Russia isn't allowed to sell the mullahs offensive weapons (UN sanctions). But more importantly, the mullahs are broke these days. They don't have any money, period.

Just to put things in perspective for you, last year Iran exported just a touch over a million barrels a day! Canada exported 3 million a day to just the US and growing. That's right, Canada exports 3 times more oil than Iran. 10 years ago this would've been unfathomable. But here we are. By 2020 the gap will get even more comical.

In any case, they don't have the cash to buy dick these days and it's only gonna get worse. Russia won't sell it to them anyway. Even if it wanted to there's the matter of those pesky UN sanctions.

I see. With Keystone XL that gap will multiply.

Does Russia care much about the UN? Matter of time the "freedom fighters" link up with Kaliningrad district.

And then theres China always. You can buy J-11 from them. But your spirit to make indigenous is just amazing. Keep it up after all Rome was not built in a day and neither did the USA import F-16 from any other country.

Does Russia care much about the UN? Matter of time the "freedom fighters" link up with Kaliningrad district.

And then theres China always. You can buy J-11 from them. But your spirit to make indigenous is just amazing. Keep it up after all Rome was not built in a day and neither did the USA import F-16 from any other country.
The equation may change. One thing that one should always remember is that there is an end to any trend and nothing will go forever, even the sanctions on Iran:

Russia Invokes Threat of Anti-Western Bloc Centered on Iran

Indeed if you had one, it would have been a shitty one but you don't even have a military industry. What you have is a mullah propaganda machine pumping up these ridicilous "unveilings" every now and then.

By the way, the Iranian astronaut has already finished his little space exploration and rewarded with a banana on its return. Don't you remember?

I can award you a big banana if you close your insulting mouth little ape!

Are you back from vacation? Hadn't see you for a while around here

Yes it does. The sanctions only specify offensive weapons, but after the sanctions came into effect, Russia refused to sell the S300, which is a defensive weapon. They went beyond the sanctions.

In any case, as I said, the mullahs don't have the money anymore. Iran is broke.

The Keystone XL will add at least another million barrels a day to our exports in the short run. Total exports will probably be around 5 million barrels a day by 2020.

lol, :cheers:
but I can see why Iran wants nukes so bad.
Israel got them
U.S got them
Saudi Arabia??? maybe

it's becoming a dangerous world everyday :oops:

What about the US which has the second highest stockpile, AND happens to be the only country to have used a nuke which culminated in the death of 200,000. It surrounds Iran from 2 sides. Iraq and Afghanistan. No wonder the Iranians feel threatened.

Yes it does. The sanctions only specify offensive weapons, but after the sanctions came into effect, Russia refused to sell the S300, which is a defensive weapon. They went beyond the sanctions.

In any case, as I said, the mullahs don't have the money anymore. Iran is broke.

The Keystone XL will add at least another million barrels a day to our exports in the short run. Total exports will probably be around 5 million barrels a day by 2020.

Good luck

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom