What's new

Iranian Space program

your phones in israel have GPS reception while traveling at 27,000 KM/H ? OMG !!! its the chosen one's phone after all :lol:

The Iranian reporters are really science illiterate. But it is understandable since mostly have a degree in arts. This is not a "GPS" system for use of the public . It is a specialized celestial positioning system for the satellite itself to find its exact position in space. This is a very important subsystem maintaining the satellite position by feeding the satellite auto-pilot which then uses the thruster engines to obtain the desired orbit as well as communicating the exact position of satellite to the ground controllers.

Iran was developing this system since it could not purchase it. In fact I had read in a newspaper that when Iran had made a prototype of it and unveiled it in an international expo, the Turkish space agency officials were very surprised and had told Iranian engineers why Iran does not buy these subsystems from Europe as Turkey does, then glue them together and send the whole thing via DHL Express to China for the launch. It is much easier. Then Iranian engineers had to explain to Turkish officials that nobody sells these systems to Iran and therefore they had to build everything from scratch and launch it from inside Iran. Anyways, this sat is just a developmental platform to test subsystems for functional satellites. Here is an old video I found about the prototype of this Iranian satellite positioning system:

The Iranian reporters are really science illiterate. But it is understandable since mostly have a degree in arts. This is not a "GPS" system for use of the public . It is a specialized celestial positioning system for the satellite itself to find its exact position in space. This is a very important subsystem maintaining the satellite position by feeding the satellite auto-pilot which then uses the thruster engines to obtain the desired orbit as well as communicating the exact position of satellite to the ground controllers.

Iran was developing this system since it could not purchase it. In fact I had read in a newspaper that when Iran had made a prototype of it and unveiled it in an international expo, the Turkish space agency officials were very surprised and had told Iranian engineers why Iran does not buy these subsystems from Europe as Turkey does, then glue them together and send the whole thing via DHL Express to China for the launch. It is much easier. Then Iranian engineers had to explain to Turkish officials that nobody sells these systems to Iran and therefore they had to build everything from scratch and launch it from inside Iran. Anyways, this sat is just a developmental platform to test subsystems for functional satellites. Here is an old video I found about the prototype of this Iranian satellite positioning system:

very informative post . Tnx .

@500 in your face :)

@Serpentine @mohsen @SOHEIL @kollang

@yavar ... 9 days ... only 9 days ! :butcher:
برادر من فقط یک چیز را شفاف کنم من نمیگم که شرف ست را با بزرگه می زنند یا نه ولی صبر کن خواهی شنید چیزی را
منطضرش بودیذ

they still change it i really don't know how many pay loud they going to give us . one or two

Last edited:
of course bro !

on a serious proposal : i think SSA and ISA should merge and we should create a joint program . this boost us forward and will reduce the financial pressure on each of us . congrats on the newly built space agency BTW :)
Thank you bro!
Yes! That's what needs to happen, full merge of two to increase work and development!

your phones in israel have GPS reception while traveling at 27,000 KM/H ? OMG !!! its the chosen one's phone after all :lol:

oh you are nothing but hilarious :lol:
What does speed matter? Just put a cellphone inside that toaster that u launched.

French Dassault MD-620 missile systems ==== > jericho missile ====> shavit-2 carrier :lol:

:cray:
Left - MD-620, right - Shavit-2. Very similar :rofl::lol:

shavit_rocket.1422912385.gif

Impressive, though I wish there would be a bit more information about the satellite, especially given that this is an imaging satellite. But that aside, does Iran have declared military applications for its satellite? Or are they just for scientific exploration?

This is not a military sat but only experimental in order to master bigger ones. In a nutshell I can describe Iranian Space Agency "Done" and "Will Be Done"s as follow;

- All previous successful and failure attempts including previous 3 sats, bio capsules plus fajr (the one launched today), are all part of a 10 year plan to test and master various necessary sub systems like satellite navigation, power, carrier, cameras, electronics, and, sensors necessary for more serious commercial and military use in near future.

- There are currently five research labs under supervision of ISA (Iranian Space Agency) + SAIran (Iranian electronic manufacturer) + Three top tech universities + tens of private sector contractors, working on all different sub systems necessary for future more serious launches, including;

1- A Commercial Telecom satellite in GEO stationary orbit ( Iransat 1 and 2 will be launched this year to pave the way for this final commercial versions). Announced predictions point to a launch date of between 2017 - 2018

2- TWO different, less than 1 meter resolution, observation reconnaissance satellites. (Zafar sat will be a 10 meter resolution sat to be launched in few months to prepare the ground for this final sat). These sats will orbit around 500 to 750km.

3- A military radar observation reconnaissance sat. Will use an Aperture Radar. This sat is under construction in a classified research site in defense ministry labs and there is no further info about it.

4- A manned space trip to lower LEO orbit. There is so much activity working on different life supporting systems these days (This is scheduled to be done in 2019).

5- A GPS like global positioning system. (considering the costs of this project I can't see it coming in near future)

There are lots of rumors about a moon-orbiter and a manned space craft. But I don't personally give credit to these rumors unless there is an official announcement for them. beside, Iran's main purpose in all these space projects is to secure its own/regional telecom needs and also to be able to observe (spy on) activities of Israeli and Western allies in ME.

Whatever the cost is for Iran, I suppose, she has no other options... western sats banned Iranian related TVs from broadcasting... Israeli spies on Iran on daily basis... so, in order to be prepared and strong, Iran has no choice but to be successful in space.

let,s not put aside the fact that Iran earns ICBM capability automatically when launching sats. It is no secret that Iranian space capability is still well behind major space powers like US, Russia, China, and India, but Iranians shown many times that they are very determent with their intentions to revive their glorious pre and after Islamic civilization. It is very hard to become someone worthy in this competitive world but even harder to become one when in Iran's shoes... You can not even imagine how difficult it is to accomplish something high tech when you have to either design and build every basic up to the most sophisticated parts and systems or to acquire it in black market for very expensive prices if ever available to buy.

It really needs huge balls to even start a project as big as building let,s say a serious submarine or space program. I have read somewhere that in order to design and build an ICBM missile you have to spend something like 100k hours of man work while it has only 5000 parts. A fghter plane needs 200K hours + 50K different parts, a commercial airplane with couple of hundreds of thousands of different parts and finally a submarine with millions of hours + millions of parts... Sometimes, it only seem easy to us... In a way that we expect every semi-industrialized country to build this and that...but in fact, I think it is a game of who is smarter, has bigger balls and is more hard work...
Congrats to Iran and Iranians... Keep going.. you will have a bright future...

Anybody have any updates for GHAEM and GHOGHNOOS satellite carriers? What about the SAEGHE-2 fighter plane that announced today... They said, the new SAEGHE fighter will have 3 times more local made advanced systems on it... I,m wondering what it would be? any news from Iranian experts?

I never said Iran should be a NATO puppet or whatever. You obviously didn't get my point bro. What I meant is you can be independent and still cooperate with the west/U.S, do you think China,and Russia(prior to ukraine issue)are NATO puppets? They are the two biggest rivals we have in the world (farrrrrr more than Iran can ever be), but that doesn't stops them from trading, cooperating with U.S on other world issues of mutual interests. My point is you shouldn't base your foreign policy on ideology or look at it from as zero sum game. INTERESTS are always paramount over anything. That's what your mullahs don't seem to understand. Hopefully your new president Rohani will change this, he seems to be pragmatic/realistic not like ahmadinejad

Dude you are not aware of history. There has been numerous times where Iran has been a strategic partner and asset to US objectives, whether it was arming the Muslims in Bosnia or helping to topple the taliban.
That is right. Iran helped the US topple the taliban by mobilizing the Northern Alliance ground forces, and Iran got rewarded with more sanctions and being put in the "axis of evil".
Now you can ponder who is the real irrational and ideological fruitcake.

"International observers worry that Iran's space program could help it design rockets that could carry nuclear weapons" LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS: FAJR

They worry over Iran's progress. Wow.

Next they will be arguing that Iran should not have its own universities, because that Iranian brainpower could be used to develop nuclear weapons.
F.uck these neocolonial racists. We will continue full speed ahead with every aspect of science, including space travel, missiles, and nuclear energy.
We are a sovereign country with sovereign rights and we are not to yield on any of these sovereign rights!

Congratulations to all Iranians and specially those Iranian scientists and engineers who worked hard for the success of this mission.
I congrat Pakistanis and Indians for their huge achievements too.. I feel thrilled when I see, we neighbors in Asia love each other. Every foreign entity will eventually leave our region and only neighbors remain to live next to each other. I love you civilized , respectful guys... keep going Iran, Pakistan, India, China, Turkey and Arabs

I never said Iran should be a NATO puppet or whatever. You obviously didn't get my point bro. What I meant is you can be independent and still cooperate with the west/U.S, do you think China,and Russia(prior to ukraine issue)are NATO puppets? They are the two biggest rivals we have in the world (farrrrrr more than Iran can ever be), but that doesn't stops them from trading, cooperating with U.S on other world issues of mutual interests. My point is you shouldn't base your foreign policy on ideology or look at it from as zero sum game. INTERESTS are always paramount over anything. That's what your mullahs don't seem to understand. Hopefully your new president Rohani will change this, he seems to be pragmatic/realistic not like ahmadinejad
All the difference in your point of view and what we Iranians and out leader think comes from a different stand point of view. The way you talk, shows you are under influence of Western mass propaganda. I,m not because I am both logical and living in Iran too. The difference comes from your view as seeing the WEST as the only option to grow for better. It is now years that this perception mostly changed. Today, countries like Iran are trying to fit into treaties like SHANGHAI PACT. You call Hamas, Hizbullah terrorist while we call them resistance forces. You see Hamas and Hizbullah az killing Israeli solders and firing rockets so they are terrorists, but we see them more logical. We see Palestine as a nation who has been living in Palestine for thousands of years. It is called their COUNTRY and land then. We oppose Israel becoz it forced itself into poor Palestinians with the help of Not-terrorist UK and US. They killed hundreds of thousands of them, forced them out of their mother land to live in refugee camps and still instead of so called FREE WORLD help these poor Palestinians they help occupiers and murderers to fit better in their evil intentions. It is funny and sad to hear, some plus 2000 poor people burned in cold blood in GAZA (hundreds of innocent children among them!!) got killed by Israeli troops and the FREE , CIVILIZED WORLD hooora them, and US and other Western non senses, condemn Hamas solders from killing A FEW Israelis mostly soldiers!!! Let,s imagine I punched you in face first and kicked you out of your house who you and your family lived for thousand years. Let,s just imagine... I kicked you out and killed as many family members as I could... now, after a while, you come up defending yourself and kill only one of my family members... Let,s even imagine, I started first... i did it first... I killed to of your soldiers... do u have the right to kill thousands of my family kids? Hizbullah is the same... They are defending their land... Instead of standing with rightful defenders and poor people , you stand with killers??? This is one reason I doubt the existence of any sane leaders in west.
If you go back into history you see that Iran was a part of Western alliance or so called FIRST WORLD formed after WW2. What happened? Iranians did not want a KING so they started to fix an elected prime minister (mussadeq). US admitted they overthrown him in order to install a YES, SIR SAYER pupet king They admitted it and expressed their regrets by Modeline Alberite. They financed every gangster and supported them with all they need in order to destabilize Iran and change its regime. Is current Iranian government system bad? Iranians themselves chose it by election in 1980. Is n,t it democracy to let local people decide what they want?? ok, in last 35 years after the first Constitution Election, Iranians participated in 35 elections. Elections to elect Presidents, Parliament, local municipality members or Constitution oversee counsel members. So, it is even more than DEMOCRATIC... let,s say in comparison... well...most European so called democracies are in fact Monarchies or semi-parliamentary monarchies. UK is a monarch. OK, let,s get to the more democratic countries... let,s talk about USA, Canada, Australia and other well known so called democracies... Ok, President is elected in USA...but how? people has right to vote but also have those unelected senate members... Let,s talk about SENATE or UPPER HOUSES...Are they elected by people? or they get elected by a middle medium? IF it is the case, %90 of Iranian seats are elected directly and other %10 are elected by medium, by those we got elected already by people... Like any other stable countries Iranian main line of policies is relatively FIXED and no president or supreme leader can behave against it... Is n,t it the case for two part system of USA? can Barak Obama tomorrow, do something against main like of USA interest and policy??

So, Iran is one of the most democratic nations around the planet. It is funny how unelected, absolute monarchs around the world with good relations with West are good...and worthy to complement by western leaders... but Iran with its system that created, elected and are electing still..is a dictatorship!!!

If you read the history you see clearly that IRAN became an enemy to the WEST only after SHAH of Iran felt strong enough to act on its own... last couple of years of his rule is well shown in his last interviews (YouTUBE it)..

Iran says one simple thing... West has two choices...either to embarrass itself with further of this or to accept Iran as its people want it... anybody told you the opposite that most Iranians don,t want this system is delusional... Anybody leaves in Iran knows that still the majority over %70 of Iranians support the current system... Is n,t it enough? IS n,t it democracy?

Western leaders are full of sh...it when they talk about freedom, democracy and fairness. The only country to acquire nuclear weapons (WMDs) and use it against innocent ordinary people is USA. Other criminals are exactly those who act accordingly... whether it be Saddam who used chemical weapons against tens of thousands of Iranians and innocent Iraqi Kurds in Halabce, or your Christian Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini... Christians have killed hundreds of millions... yes, hundreds of millions of innocent people by waging religious, racial, expansionist wars in Europe or around the world. Between 5 to 10 million Iranians or half of its population in WW era were killed out of starve due to UK, US and Soviets using its land and resources to feed their armies. If we want to be fair, we should let Iranian kill at least equal numbers if not more!!

The current dual, two face double standards of the west makes me sick... Nuclear bomb is bad and Iran can,t have it becoz it says, Israeli should give Palestinians rights back to them... But Israel can easily talk about NUKING Iranian nuclear sites!!! funny right? ... France talks about using Nukes when necessary against what they think are their enemies!!! USA, RUSSIA and all other nations can have nukes and it is good and only for their defense...but when it comes to Iran who has not attacked any country and surrounded by 5 atomic powers and other enemies, Iran has no right to defend itself!!!! If you tell this to my 2 years old cosine she will laugh hard back at you... You have the right to defend yourself but I don't!! It is bad to hang drug traffickers and murderers in IRan but it is more than OK, to behead hundreds in KSA or in USA by injecting or electric chairs!!!

Please stop this non sense... This kind of propaganda only is useful for people like you in west... We chose our way 35 years ago... Maybe in future, Iranians themselves, decide to change government system...but as far as people of Iran don,t want a change..who the hell you or your western leaders are to tell us what to do?

Despite all these funny , non sense double standards...

Our new president and other authorities opened their arm for western countries with on simple condition... Respect for Respect... Equal respect... I can assure you from what I know from my people in Iran... Iran will never change its way... we rather die than seeing others offend our pride... most of Iranians are ready to starve for a while but do whatever they like to do... One fair human being must cry a river when seeing this circus style western policy...

And don,t worry my western friend... Iran and other proud nations like India, Pak, Russia, China and other ones will rise again soon... although they already are RISING... and PROUD... one can not comment on our way of life unless he lived with us and knows our type... we are what we are... will be a good friend of west only if they act like a friend... we will accept standards only when it is not double standard... I sometimes wonder how naive western people are to be fooled with this lousy propaganda that no logical reasons are supporting it...

Sorry for my looooooong essay... but needed to tell you and others who think like you about these facts... either you are a fair person and modify your understanding and respect as as we respect ourselves or never try to convince an Iranian to leave what he chose in order for you to be satisfied of us...

PS: btw, If Iranian leaders does nt understand your simple reason so how come Iran is growing even stronger day by way since we turned it an Islamic Republic??? Do n't you think, maybe they are smart and this is the way every other sovereign proud nation must follow??

Back
Top Bottom