What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

BM.

Iran has already tested MRBM on anti ship role in last 5-10 years. Look at the tests conducted in Indian Ocean, I believe they used either Emad variant or Sejil.
I sincerely hope you are right. That's what i wished for.

Drone assisted BM

I sincerely hope you are right. That's what i wished for.

Drone assisted BM

But they just said they have a ASBM capable of hitting moving targets at 1500km a few days ago now suddenly this ship is equipped with a missile capable of doing the same at a 2000km range? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

But they just said they have a ASBM capable of hitting moving targets at 1500km a few days ago now suddenly this ship is equipped with a missile capable of doing the same at a 2000km range? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

What “ship”? The BMs are launched from land at the warships. None of the articles say they launched the BM from a ship.

Why are they repeating the same news from 2 years ago? Probably because it’s entering mass production and 2 years was a prototype testing.

I believe originally they were using Shahab-3 variants such as Emads as well as Sejill to target the ships. Now they might be using modified Qassem Solemani missiles with special seekers to target them.

Fateh based family makes more sense since it already has 3 anti ship focused BMs
  1. PG missile
  2. Hormuz 1
  3. Hormuz 2
Possible: Long range version now developed based on solemani variant missile ? Quite possible

What “ship”? The BMs are launched from land at the warships. None of the articles say they launched the BM from a ship.

Why are they repeating the same news from 2 years ago? Probably because it’s entering mass production and 2 years was a prototype testing.

I believe originally they were using Shahab-3 variants such as Emads as well as Sejill to target the ships. Now they might be using modified Qassem Solemani missiles with special seekers to target them.

Fateh based family makes more sense since it already has 3 anti ship focused BMs
  1. PG missile
  2. Hormuz 1
  3. Hormuz 2
Possible: Long range version now developed based on solemani variant missile ? Quite possible
What ship? --> "Tangsiri says that S.Mahdavi warship is capable of firing 2,000 KM missiles" that ship

I presume he is referring to ASBM. But just a few days ago they announced ASBM with the ability to strike moving targets at a range of 1500km, so to now say the Shahid Mahdavi ship already carries ASBM [?] with a 2000km range doesn't seem to make sense.

But just a few days ago they announced ASBM with the ability to strike moving targets at a range of 1500km, so to now say the Shahid Mahdavi ship already carries ASBM [?] with a 2000km range doesn't seem to make sense.

In 2021 they announced 1800 km for the longer ranged AShBM. Maybe all these figures are referring to one and the same missile but with warheads of differing weight. Maybe at sea the range is slightly increased.

Iran IRGC Naval Force Ashura class missile-launching & Vertical launching system (VLC) Air Defense speed boat

So it is not Falaq ,on this frame we can see guided missiles is installedView attachment 919475View attachment 919476
or they could be an Iranian version of the North Korean missile from these photos featured at the "North Korean State Self-Defense Development Exhibition" on October 12, 2021
13-10114605-bezymyannyj2-1.jpg

12-10111893-screenshot-20211012-220213-chrome.jpg

Based on what? They both use an optical seeker?
I wrote could.
the assumption is that the missile head resembles that of the Iranian missile.
Only by fully seeing the Iranian missile could a comparison be made.

PS
it could also be the other way around, i.e. the North Korean missile is a version of the Iranian one.
A version of the compact Oto-Melara 76/62 (with invisible dome) was presented at the same military exhibition, but the technology of the 76/62 could be derived from the Fajr-27

Fq0vLZOWwAATUxe

The total length of this boat is slightly shorter than the zolfagal class at 17.3 m. Assume it is 17 m.
Calculations assume that the boat is tilted 10 degrees toward the camera in this photo.

The nawab missile is 248mm in diameter, 2.72m long, and weighs an estimated 170-200kg.
For reference, the Umkonto is 180 mm in diameter and 3.32 m long, while the Tor-M1 is 235 mm in diameter and 2.90 m long.
It seems to have a slightly thicker and shorter shape for vertical storage.

Compared to the 9 Dey, the nawab is considerably larger in both diameter and length, making it a larger missile than the pictures suggest.

Based on what? They both use an optical seeker?
Optical seeker it is always better than radar or IR seeker. You cannot jamm easily a TV seeker, just the radio signal between missile and launcher. For that reason Spike/Almas are deadlier than other missiles. Because being wired one, they cannot be jamm in any way. Fitting those in a FAC it is a nightmare for anyone trying to enter in PG.

Optical seeker it is always better than radar or IR seeker. You cannot jamm easily a TV seeker, just the radio signal between missile and launcher. For that reason Spike/Almas are deadlier than other missiles. Because being wired one, they cannot be jamm in any way. Fitting those in a FAC it is a nightmare for anyone trying to enter in PG.

Spike/Almas is IR EO seeker but has optical capability too.

IR and optical EO get jammed too by IR flare and clouds. Also if the engine is turned off, IR signature changes.

Back
Top Bottom