What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

^ Navab's SAM appears to be similar in shape to Umkhonto-R/IR:
Umkhonto_2.jpeg

"What kind of weapon can you put on a speedboat?"
IRGC-N: "Yes."

Last edited:
Tangsiri says that S.Mahdavi warship is capable of firing 2,000 KM missiles. But didn't specify what kind of missiles. Cruise or ballistic?

He said that this ship can fire the mentioned missiles any where/ every where.

Great achievement. Diego Garcia is the main target.

Tangsiri says that S.Mahdavi warship is capable of firing 2,000 KM missiles. But didn't specify what kind of missiles. Cruise or ballistic?

Likely a cruise missile. Maybe an improved Abu Mahdi ASCM or Hoveizeh/Paveh LACM variant, if Iran managed to reverse-engineer Kh-55's R95TP-300 turbofan engine.

What radar systems does the Shahid Mahdavi ship have? There are no discernible missiles (other than the typical subsonic c-802 derivatives) although those may be hidden in the containers.

14011218000380638139678722626451_96515_PhotoT.jpg

New air defense ship are darker in color than ordinary ship.
*The white small boats are painted white on purpose because they are used for patrolling.
Normally, colors that are too dark to blend in with the relatively light ocean colors are to be avoided.
It seems likely that radar absorbing paint is used.
The windows also seem to be made of a different mat material than the other boats, a material that does not reflect light as much.

BM.

Iran has already tested MRBM on anti ship role in last 5-10 years. Look at the tests conducted in Indian Ocean, I believe they used either Emad variant or Sejil.

Likely a cruise missile. Maybe an improved Abu Mahdi ASCM or Hoveizeh/Paveh LACM variant, if Iran managed to reverse-engineer Kh-55's R95TP-300 turbofan engine.

CM doesn’t make sense. Way too slow, by the time it arrives the ship could be literally anywhere from its original point.

A BM would arrive between <10 mins later. Much more manageable

Why Almas NLOS and not Missile 358?
Maybe 358 is on a platforms never shown so far.

More photos of the FACs delivered (also knows as Red Hornets ) 95 of them this time..which makes my counts of FACs delivered publically so far close to 800..o_O

View attachment 919434
View attachment 919435View attachment 919436View attachment 919437View attachment 919438View attachment 919439View attachment 919440View attachment 919441View attachment 919442View attachment 919443

I took the text from IRNA description of the ship..As you said it is possible that the retrofit is still ongoing..

I see this equally as Iranians industrial might. That’s what observers will glean as well if they were smart.

*The white small boats are painted white on purpose because they are used for patrolling.
Normally, colors that are too dark to blend in with the relatively light ocean colors are to be avoided.
It seems likely that radar absorbing paint is used.
The windows also seem to be made of a different mat material than the other boats, a material that does not reflect light as much.

Interesting theory

Not sure if radar absorbing paint can be used in a salt water setting. Would need to be reapplied constantly I feel like due to salt water degrading it.

Back
Top Bottom