What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Strange, this really looks like the kind of thing that would be right in the IRGC-N playbook.

I was curious how they planned to communicate with the sub without everyone else not detecting it’s radiation signals?

My take:

This is an ongoing prototype that has been in and out of water a lot. Ongoing work is noted plus prototype design.
Also no acoustic tiles.

It has sonar.

I was curious how they planned to communicate with the sub without everyone else not detecting it’s radiation signals?

AI, pattern recognition of acoustic data and INS.

Underwater or surface relays and data links

Underwater or surface secret fuel stations.

Anyone has a close up picture of Dena´s Asr radar?.
I think it is a mock up and not working radar;

1º This radar antenna has no lines of TX/RX modules typical from all radars, including ASR radar.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2º Dena´s "ASR" radar lacks IFF interrogator antenna like ASR radar from Jamaran and Damavand 1.

3º Flat pannel thickness it is so tiny that a viable TX/RX module cannot fit inside. Moreover the flat front pannel seems to be metallic and metal cannot let pass radar waves properly for long distance search.

I think in reality Dena frigate didn´t received a definitively real long range search radar, but need forward graphic information for that suspicion. I would like to be wrong.

Anyone has a close up picture of Dena´s Asr radar?.
I think it is a mock up and not working radar;

1º This radar antenna has no lines of TX/RX modules typical from all radars, including ASR radar.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2º Dena´s "ASR" radar lacks IFF interrogator antenna like ASR radar from Jamaran and Damavand 1.

3º Flat pannel thickness it is so tiny that a viable TX/RX module cannot fit inside. Moreover the flat front pannel seems to be metallic and metal cannot let pass radar waves properly for long distance search.

I think in reality Dena frigate didn´t received a definitively real long range search radar, but need forward graphic information for that suspicion. I would like to be wrong.
ASR radar on Dena has some cover over it,at some images you can literary see shadow under cover,this is without
img072-015-01s.jpg

Key point in today's mass delivery of speed boats:

Except popular forces, all IRGC rocket launcher boats will be upgraded to missile launchers, each Ashura class boat will have 4 missiles with 12km range.

Tarogh class boats with 55knot speed will have 2 missiles with 180km range.

Nilufar class boats will have nasr missiles with 90-120km range.

Zolfaghar class boats with Nav'vab vertical launched air defense missiles

الحاق ناو اقیانوس‌پیمای شهید مهدوی به ناوگان سپاه‌ - اخبار نیمروزی (شبکه ۱) | شبکه 1 - ۱۸ اسفند ماه ۱۴۰۱

They promised mid March and they delivered.

Shahid Mahdavi FOB 110-3

Mahdavi_0.jpg
Mahdavi_1.jpg
Mahdavi_2.jpg
Mahdavi_3.jpg
Mahdavi_4.jpg
Mahdavi_9.jpg

Mahdavi_10.jpg

Mahdavi_8.jpg

Mahdavi_7.jpg

I told you ..she will be there:azn:

The Shahid Mahdavi oceangoing warship is 240 meters in length and 32 meters in width and weighs 14,000 tons and has a load capacity of 41,000 tons. The warship has been equipped with a 3-dimensional phased array radar, sea-to-sea and sea-to-air missiles, advanced communication systems for electronic warfare, and cruise missiles with a range of 700 km. It is capable of carrying helicopters and drones.

Last edited:
Zolfaghar class boats with Nav'vab vertical launched air defense missiles
Any evidence or any announcement for this part?

Helicopters have always been superior to small boats in naval conflicts. Until i saw this post of yours.
emotional-face-emoji-wondering-or-thinking-free-vector.jpg

Shahid Mahdavi FOB 110-3

View attachment 919426View attachment 919427View attachment 919428View attachment 919429View attachment 919430

View attachment 919431
I have read about tanker war in Persian Gulf during Iran Iraq military engagement.

These modified tankers in possession of IRGC resisted against air launched Exocet missiles of Iraqi Mirage fighters. You can count on resistance of these transfromed warships.

Last edited:
These modified tankers in possession of IRGC resisted against air launched Exocet missiles of Iraqi Mirage fighters. You can count on resistance of these transfromed warships.
I know tankers by design have partitioned hulls to stop the oil from sloshing around and also protect against massive oil spills..so Yes if this ship was originally a tanker will have some protection in case of impact.

Shahid Mahdavi FOB 110-3

View attachment 919426View attachment 919427View attachment 919428View attachment 919429View attachment 919430

View attachment 919431

The Shahid Mahdavi oceangoing warship is 240 meters in length and 32 meters in width and weighs 14,000 tons and has a load capacity of 41,000 tons. The warship has been equipped with a 3-dimensional phased array radar, sea-to-sea and sea-to-air missiles, advanced communication systems for electronic warfare, and cruise missiles with a range of 700 km. It is capable of carrying helicopters and drones.
from the photos and the video, at least I can only identify the 4 canisters for anti-ship missiles, and some heavy machine guns
request:
where did you see the three-dimensional phased array radar?
I can't identify him currently on the ship.
Moreover, if they are not hidden under the bridge, I also do not see installations for anti-aircraft missiles (if you don't mean MANPADS) and not even cruise missiles with a range of 700 km.
Maybe they will be installed soon?

More photos of the FACs delivered (also knows as Red Hornets ) 95 of them this time..which makes my counts of FACs delivered publically so far close to 800..o_O

FACs_2.jpg

FACs_2.jpg
FACs_4.jpg
FACs_5.jpg
FACs_6.jpg
FAcs_7.jpg
FACs_8.jpg
FACs_9.jpg
FACs_10.jpg
FACs_11.jpg

where did you see the three-dimensional phased array radar?
I took the text from IRNA description of the ship..As you said it is possible that the retrofit is still ongoing..

Last edited:
Any evidence or any announcement for this part?

Helicopters have always been superior to small boats in naval conflicts. Until i saw this post of yours.
emotional-face-emoji-wondering-or-thinking-free-vector.jpg
That's actually cool as f***

I can't say for range, but it definitely adds some complexity to attacking helicopters.
Can't overstate the significance of a fast boat with short range VLS SAMs

Back
Top Bottom