What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

There's plenty of space between helipad & AShMs, very doubtful it will damage the helo. Also there's a ton of aluminum vessels with anti ship missiles, it won't damage the ship lol
I would like to add my consideration, already the conformation of the structure towards the bow of the flight deck could have characteristics capable of acting as deflectors, in any case this catamaran does not have a hangar for helicopters it is assumed that the helicopter itself is not fixed on board .

Fb5-V1-FXo-AQHWu-N3.jpg

Screenshot (57).png

Another hypothesis, although aboard the mission, the helicopter could be raised and act as a "bridge" to launch and guide missiles over the horizon.
Therefore a possible launch of the missiles would not be a problem for a possible helicopter

one thing that make me angry is that at last we have a ship that actually have enough space to house 16 even more cruise missiles if they were launched vertically and we still don't have a long range cruise missile that can be launched vertically , so we had to limit ourself to 6 missile on that ship
I would like to add my consideration, already the conformation of the structure towards the bow of the flight deck could have characteristics capable of acting as deflectors, in any case this catamaran does not have a hangar for helicopters it is assumed that the helicopter itself is not fixed on board .

Fb5-V1-FXo-AQHWu-N3.jpg

View attachment 877275
Another hypothesis, although aboard the mission, the helicopter could be raised and act as a "bridge" to launch and guide missiles over the horizon.
Therefore a possible launch of the missiles would not be a problem for a possible helicopter

Yes, ammo that they also do not have.

I heard the statistic somewhere of how many shells Russia's firing on average every day, the number was either 6000 or 60000 (don't remember but am tending towards the latter). They have more ammunition than anyone else. And the impact of HIMARS deliveries to Ukraine is being exaggerated many fold in mainstream media.

Nice! Checkout night vison on rapid reaction teams:

Very nice and thanks for the share, but what's with the use of the English terms "sunrise" and "sunset" by the respected Army Aviation commander? An example of the ongoing, massive Anglo-Saxon cultural aggression against Iran and in particular against the Persian language. Government must take urgent and stringent measures to curtail these practices, introducing heavy fines for anyone making use of English vocabulary in public or at least in official positions as well as in cinematographic production and television programs may be an option among others.

Also, shouldn't this rather be posted in the Ground Forces thread?

one thing that make me angry is that at last we have a ship that actually have enough space to house 16 even more cruise missiles if they were launched vertically and we still don't have a long range cruise missile that can be launched vertically , so we had to limit ourself to 6 missile on that ship

This vessel's role was officially categorized as a mainly air defence-focused one, it's essentially there to protect swarms of much lighter IRGCN fast attack craft. Moreover additional anti-ship missiles could jeopardize the ship's balance, only an engineering expert privy to its structural details could tell. In sum, based on what is publicly known there's nothing tragic about the fact that it's packing six ASCM and not more.

Last edited:
I heard the statistic somewhere, that Russia's firing either 6000 or 60.000 shells per day (don't remember). They have more ammunition than anyone else.

This vessel's role was officially categorized as a mainly air defence-focused one, it's essentially there to protect swarms of much lighter IRGCN fast attack craft. Moreover additional anti-ship missiles could jeopardize the ship's balance, only an engineering expert privy to its structural details could tell. In sum, there's nothing tragic about the fact that it's packing six ASCM and not more.
no it would not have changed the balance if it was at center and on both side, as the missiles are placed right now ,if we had Vertical launched Cruise missile we could at least put 8-12 cell on each side

by the way it don't change much if it was designed as air-defense ship,(well for that it has too little air defense missile) or not , you want to give the role of a guided missile cruiser if those cruise missile were launched vertically you could add some more VLS cell in front of them for more vertically launched air defense missile
Fb5-V1-FXo-AQHWu-N3.jpg

you think how many missile you can put in those VLS cells ?

no it would not have changed the balance if it was at center and on both side, as the missiles are placed right now ,if we had Vertical launched Cruise missile we could at least put 8-12 cell on each side
you want to give the role of a guided missile cruiser if those cruise missile were launched vertically you could add some more VLS cell in front of them for more vertically launched air defense missile

you think how many missile you can put in those VLS cells ?

Laymen can't answer that, an engineer specializing in this area could.

by the way it don't change much if it was designed as air-defense ship,(well for that it has too little air defense missile) or not ,

It will offer a cover to fast attack craft that wasn't there before, and this onto itself will restrict the enemy's maneuvering room and force it to review its planning accordingly, to Iran's advantage. Also this is an official statement, I very much doubt Iranian navy officials are lying and/or too amateurish to have a proper understanding of their air defence needs.

Last edited:
I don't remember if it has already been highlighted, but on the FAC P313-6, at the bow, the AK-230 / Type-69 was replaced, with the same new turret with what looks like a version of the 30mm 2A42 also present on the catamaran corvette Soleimani
Screenshot_2022-09-09-12-07-18-791~2.jpeg

aymen can't answer that, an engineer specializing in this area could.
logic say if it was distributed on both side it would not change the balance and if there is a simple answer . we still don't have long range cruise missile that could have been fired vertically ,why should i look for outlandish and fancy explanation that make no sense at all.

by the way your post means you don't knew , just wanted to make a post and disagree make your usual praise . by the way if they want go and actually built several of these ships then we see what will happen to the design when we built our long range vertically launched cruise missile
No, it doesn't have too few AD missiles. It will offer a cover to fast attack craft that wasn't there before, and this onto itself will restrict the enemy's maneuvering room and force it to review its planning accordingly, to Iran's advantage. Also this is an official statement, I very much doubt Iranian navy officials are lying and/or too amateurish to have a proper understanding of their air defence needs.
I asked a simple question how many air defense and of what type those cell can house? and is there too many for air defense missiles ? don't be like Russians that taught after the loss of Moskva they can give the role it played in defending black see fleet to two Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates they had there. we saw what Happened then .
for protecting surface vessels range and number of airdefense missiles are very important

logic say if it was distributed on both side it would not change the balance and if there is a simple answer . we still don't have long range cruise missile that could have been fired vertically ,why should i look for outlandish and fancy explanation that make no sense at all.

Doesn't prove much with regards to the ship's structural balance. As said, an expert might know for sure and then only if they're privy to construction details. Ordinary observers not so much.

by the way your post means you don't knew , just wanted to make a post and disagree make your usual praise .

It means I preferred refraining from conjecture on aspects laymen aren't informed about.

by the way if they want go and actually built several of these ships then we see what will happen to the design when we built our long range vertically launched cruise missile

Operative conjunctions: if, when.

I asked a simple question how many air defense and of what type those cell can house? and is there too many for air defense missiles ?

In a situation where a fleet is entirely deprived of seaborne air defence cover, there's no too little either (at least the Shahid Soleimani's AD firepower wouldn't qualify as such).

don't be like Russians that taught after the loss of Moskva they can give the role it played in defending black see fleet to two Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates they had there. we saw what Happened then .
for protecting surface vessels range and number of airdefense missiles are very important

Shahid Soleimani offers air defence where there was none before. This onto itself plays to Iran's advantage. To assert it's carrying "too few" SAM's would be unsubstantial.

Last edited:
I heard the statistic somewhere of how many shells Russia's firing on average every day, the number was either 6000 or 60000 (don't remember but am tending towards the latter). They have more ammunition than anyone else. And the impact of HIMARS deliveries to Ukraine is being exaggerated many fold in mainstream media.

Very nice and thanks for the share, but what's with the use of the English terms "sunrise" and "sunset" by the respected Army Aviation commander? An example of the ongoing, massive Anglo-Saxon cultural aggression against Iran and in particular against the Persian language. Government must take urgent and stringent measures to curtail these practices, introducing heavy fines for anyone making use of English vocabulary in public or at least in official positions as well as in cinematographic production and television programs may be an option among others.

Also, shouldn't this rather be posted in the Ground Forces thread?

This vessel's role was officially categorized as a mainly air defence-focused one, it's essentially there to protect swarms of much lighter IRGCN fast attack craft. Moreover additional anti-ship missiles could jeopardize the ship's balance, only an engineering expert privy to its structural details could tell. In sum, based on what is publicly known there's nothing tragic about the fact that it's packing six ASCM and not more.
@SalarHaqq Re English terms usage by the commander I winced too and I can't agree more with your take. In fact, the hosts in many Iranian Youtube channels use foreign terms which makes me cringe (note we speak English better than Persian on The Islands 😆 ).

What strikes me is this phenomenon is not only cultural pollution but also fundamental intellectual laziness.

Last edited:
@husseinibnali Yes Iran already has the bombastic monster destroyer warship, the Shahid Roudaki bombastic CARGO SHIP.

@Hack-Hook Yes as usual your analysis is a mess. Try to take your time to analyze this corvette in more detail so you don't fail to understand.

This helipad protrudes upwards of approximately 1.25 meters in height and on the side facing or next to the missile launcher has an angle of 45 degrees and this of course can cause the missile booster fire to go straight up to the helipad and that can result in the risk of the helicopter being hit by bursts of fire and crew or soldiers who happen to be on the helipad can be hit by fire or hot smoke, this does not include the risk of this missile fire directly hitting in the direction of the helipad (I want to see your courage Hack-Hook who is confident to stand on this corvette helipad when the anti-ship missiles are launched, it will be very interesting to see the results of course!).

Kid, you have to learn a lot about VLS, you don't know anything about how VLS works, especially on how to dispose of fire. In the VLS image you show, the VLS MK-41 has the fire exhaust in the middle a bit far from the launcher, you see the wrong fire exhaust position.

@Muhammed45 and @Daylamite Warrior yes you are one example of many Iranians who are easily brainwashed by GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES who overdose too much in power without a strong democracy, which controls all life and media (for propaganda and covering up the rotten government).

Dictatorship can lead to more collusion, corruption and nepotism. The ideology of your government is no different from the Taliban, ISIS, Hitler Stalin mao zedong the dictator (of course you will reject this claim because you have been brainwashed by your rulers).

@aryobarzan What's wrong with your brain?! Instead of being tired of mocking, it's better for you to prove your insight, discuss and provide your analysis or defense of this bombastic trimaran corvette (of course you can't, because you are just like an "empty barrel with a loud sound").

@GrandBotBoi So that means you're assuming that the RCWS cannons that armored vehicles carry are CIWS too huh?!

No, it's most likely a Dezful/Tor missile not a Navvab missile, just look at the eight VLS launchers it's similar in shape to the VLS Tor cold launcher which each cell has 4 launchers.

Yes the IRGC claims (as propaganda reeks) this corvette besides having a shorad will also have a long range SAM but this is NOT proven by the presence of the air search and fire control radar needed to support this long range SAM.

Yes this long range air search will NEVER be mounted on this trimaran (amateur) corvette, because the design of this corvette is faulty (even I can design better than this) which has a very narrow radar mount mount too close to the VLS. You can imagine what would happen if a missile fired from the VLS hit a long-range air search radar such as the Basir radar which has a very large size, there will definitely be a terrible explosion.

Well I also don't really care about whether it's a cold or hot launcher VLS (the problem here isn't that).

@sahureka2 You seem doubtful, your statement is ambiguous, on the one hand you say it is a deflector but on the other hand your hypothesis says "helicopters can be lifted and act as a "bridge" to launch and guide missiles on the horizon. Therefore the possibility of a missile launch will not be a problem for a possible helicopter", with your hypothesis, you are implying that it means that this helicopter can be hit by a burst of fire from the missile launcher.

Take a look at the drawings and lines you made, it's has a slope of 45 degrees and a height of approximately 1.25 m. With this tilt and height alone it can hit the upper half of the helicopter.
That's just a burst of fire, not super hot smoke from the missile booster flames. Besides that, you haven't analyzed the width of the flame. missiles and also the altitude of the missile launcher when compared to the height of the helipad (from this analysis alone you will see that half a burst of missile booster fire will escape and hit the entire body of the helicopter).

The Iranian military has long made propaganda claims about their weapons and technology, try it. see their claim about F313 Qaher, Detection antenna stick corona virus, azaraksh saeqeh kowsar (which are all just the same plane f5), claim they will make heavy turbofans in 2 years but its been almost 5 years its just like a passing wind.

Many Iranian members in this forum can't take criticism and will start screaming incoherently, this is all because they are used to their brains eating raw excessive propaganda from their military officials.

@husseinibnali Yes Iran already has the bombastic monster destroyer warship, the Shahid Roudaki bombastic CARGO SHIP.

@Hack-Hook Yes as usual your analysis is a mess. Try to take your time to analyze this corvette in more detail so you don't fail to understand.

This helipad protrudes upwards of approximately 1.25 meters in height and on the side facing or next to the missile launcher has an angle of 45 degrees and this of course can cause the missile booster fire to go straight up to the helipad and that can result in the risk of the helicopter being hit by bursts of fire and crew or soldiers who happen to be on the helipad can be hit by fire or hot smoke, this does not include the risk of this missile fire directly hitting in the direction of the helipad (I want to see your courage Hack-Hook who is confident to stand on this corvette helipad when the anti-ship missiles are launched, it will be very interesting to see the results of course!).

Kid, you have to learn a lot about VLS, you don't know anything about how VLS works, especially on how to dispose of fire. In the VLS image you show, the VLS MK-41 has the fire exhaust in the middle a bit far from the launcher, you see the wrong fire exhaust position.

@Muhammed45 and @Daylamite Warrior yes you are one example of many Iranians who are easily brainwashed by GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES who overdose too much in power without a strong democracy, which controls all life and media (for propaganda and covering up the rotten government).

Dictatorship can lead to more collusion, corruption and nepotism. The ideology of your government is no different from the Taliban, ISIS, Hitler Stalin mao zedong the dictator (of course you will reject this claim because you have been brainwashed by your rulers).

@aryobarzan What's wrong with your brain?! Instead of being tired of mocking, it's better for you to prove your insight, discuss and provide your analysis or defense of this bombastic trimaran corvette (of course you can't, because you are just like an "empty barrel with a loud sound").

@GrandBotBoi So that means you're assuming that the RCWS cannons that armored vehicles carry are CIWS too huh?!

No, it's most likely a Dezful/Tor missile not a Navvab missile, just look at the eight VLS launchers it's similar in shape to the VLS Tor cold launcher which each cell has 4 launchers.

Yes the IRGC claims (as propaganda reeks) this corvette besides having a shorad will also have a long range SAM but this is NOT proven by the presence of the air search and fire control radar needed to support this long range SAM.

Yes this long range air search will NEVER be mounted on this trimaran (amateur) corvette, because the design of this corvette is faulty (even I can design better than this) which has a very narrow radar mount mount too close to the VLS. You can imagine what would happen if a missile fired from the VLS hit a long-range air search radar such as the Basir radar which has a very large size, there will definitely be a terrible explosion.

Well I also don't really care about whether it's a cold or hot launcher VLS (the problem here isn't that).

@sahureka2 You seem doubtful, your statement is ambiguous, on the one hand you say it is a deflector but on the other hand your hypothesis says "helicopters can be lifted and act as a "bridge" to launch and guide missiles on the horizon. Therefore the possibility of a missile launch will not be a problem for a possible helicopter", with your hypothesis, you are implying that it means that this helicopter can be hit by a burst of fire from the missile launcher.

Take a look at the drawings and lines you made, it's has a slope of 45 degrees and a height of approximately 1.25 m. With this tilt and height alone it can hit the upper half of the helicopter.
That's just a burst of fire, not super hot smoke from the missile booster flames. Besides that, you haven't analyzed the width of the flame. missiles and also the altitude of the missile launcher when compared to the height of the helipad (from this analysis alone you will see that half a burst of missile booster fire will escape and hit the entire body of the helicopter).

The Iranian military has long made propaganda claims about their weapons and technology, try it. see their claim about F313 Qaher, Detection antenna stick corona virus, azaraksh saeqeh kowsar (which are all just the same plane f5), claim they will make heavy turbofans in 2 years but its been almost 5 years its just like a passing wind.

Many Iranian members in this forum can't take criticism and will start screaming incoherently, this is all because they are used to their brains eating raw excessive propaganda from their military officials.

Says the cretin parroting Western Liberal propaganda. Our government is nothing like Stalin and Hitler. Hitler was a western atheist, so more like a western secularist who are all atheists any way, and Stalin was an atheists as well. If anything it shows that liberal secularism is the bastard child of atheism and communism. You can also stick your 'one tick every 4 year' democracy where the sun doesnt shine. Yeah, lets all pick our favourite dictator every 4 years and pretend we're free lol

Come back to us when you've figured what pronoun you want to be called.

Last edited:

'Bombastic':
1662733171920.png

Fk off Indonesian fggot

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves, they unveiled an incomplete version and will install the radar after, they've done this before. You'd know this if you had spent time here.
Let's just say they don't though, just to satisfy your thought experiment, these ships are part of the IRGC-N operating in the PG. they can easily communicate with ground base radars to support anti-air launches. They aren't operating these in the middle of the Pacific.

As for the helipad, why would the helicopter be sitting on the helipad during Ashm launches. The helicopter would be supporting the guiding of missiles, or their may not even be a helicopter on the pad, and it remains vacant.

The CIWS is fine. Heavy turbofan is a work in progress,

Personally, I do not like the helipad and prefered it to replicate the Taiwanese design, where it was loaded with more Ashms in the rear.

even I can design better than this)
I'm sure you can, do you have ship building experience? You are making alot of assumptions about the ship, but you are not aware of the designers intentions and doctrines about its modus operandi. Neither is anyone. Instead, try tailoring the ships capabilities to the doctorine, and all your concerns can be met without issue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom