What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

There's more it when it comes to the construction of a complex naval design.
the laws are universal , what you are fighting for . why you must always try to defend some outlandish claims that make a children laugh.
well ok if you think the law of physics , don't apply to ships and naval structure . ok I have nothing to add .
you like to think adding more missile would have upset the balance of the ship, then ok you are free to think so.
I knew for sure they went with that formation because we don't have vertically launched cruise missile and they could not fit more missile with that configuration. and I don't see the necessity to go back and forth with you over it . its clear for everyone who want to see who is correct
really i did not taught a day will come that I had to prove to some body that the law of physics are universal

the laws are universal , what you are fighting for . why you must always try to defend some outlandish claims that make a children laugh.
well ok if you think the law of physics , don't apply to ships and naval structure . ok I have nothing to add .
you like to think adding more missile would have upset the balance of the ship, then ok you are free to think so.
I knew for sure they went with that formation because we don't have vertically launched cruise missile and they could not fit more missile with that configuration. and I don't see the necessity to go back and forth with you over it . its clear for everyone who want to see who is correct
really i did not taught a day will come that I had to prove to some body that the law of physics are universal

Other rules may well come into play to relativize the universal law in question under the specific configuration at hand. Either way this is a sound warship which enhances the IRGCN's power greatly, and given its stated role its anti-ship armament offers no grounds for indignation or nagging.

Last edited:
Other rules may well come into play to relativize the universal law in question under the specific configuration at hand. Either way this is a sound warship which enhances the IRGCN's power greatly, and given its stated role its anti-ship armament offers no grounds for indignation or nagging.
I think we should be careful with criticism of the ship considering the designers build this specifically to meet their doctrines needs, rather than satisfying the desires of the Indonesian user. Theirs nothing wrong with the structure of the ship. I trust that they do the job they need to do, and people who are concerned with the back-blast of the missiles, the helicopter would not be sitting on the helipad in a wartime operation.

Other rules may well come into play to relativize the universal law in question under the specific configuration at hand. Either way this is a sound warship which enhances the IRGCN's power greatly, and given its stated role its anti-ship armament offers no grounds for any sort of anger.
nobody said its not sound , i said its frustrating that at last when we have a ship that can house VLS system ,because we don't have VLS launched cruise missile can't insert VLS system inside it and then said if we could insert VLS launched missile on it , its firepower would have become twice or thrice . which are true.
the criticizing was not about ship it was about lack of Vertical launched cruise missile

nobody said its not sound , i said its frustrating that at last when we have a ship that can house VLS system ,because we don't have VLS launched cruise missile can't insert VLS system inside it and then said if we could insert VLS launched missile on it , its firepower would have become twice or thrice . which are true.
the criticizing was not about ship it was about lack of Vertical launched cruise missile
Here's the question to ask. Why be frustrated? The designers of the ship are given instructions by the IRGC staff to design them a ship to fit their specific needs. They don't need sea based land attack, missile power

If they do not need land attack CMs as a requirement, then why build? Do we not have plenty of land-based missile power than can operate in the entire theater? I don't really see the need for it, and I think they as well. what they need is a ship that can provide protection to assets in the PG and they have worked on that, now they need numbers.

I am assuming you are refering to land attack and not VLS for Ashms. Unless they increase size of the ship, they won't be able to do it. So it is better to add more defensive equipment on the ship to fulfill it's original role of sea-based defences than replacing those AD missiles in the VLS cells with offensive missiles when coastal Ashms can also do the job. We have alot of vulnerable assets in the PG, like oil terminals and soldiers

+
Range of Shahid Soleimani 's missiles is 700km, plus 3 missile boats (each x2 missiles).
it has clear tactical advantage both in defense and offense.

I am very confused now.

Last edited:
Iran has a alot of miscellaneous boats

which is the highest number of serial production warships Iran has produced ?

Mini-subs that patrol the Persian Gulf mostly, and a number of small cheaper ships with 2 or 4 ashms. The rest of the shipbuilding industry is very slow by the regular Navy, so you end up with a large variety of ships, without depth in quantity. The IRI Navy is not a highly coveted industry in Iran, it seems that role has been passed off to anti-shipping missiles vis-a-vis protecting Iran's coastlines and Kilometers beyond.

But with the IRGC getting involved in ship building recently, given they have much greater resources than the army, we are expecting a renewal of sorts and growth in ship building using their ports.

For example, this ship class that was unveiled recently, according to them, they plan on constructing 12 of them in total, which would be the most serially produce ship (that is decently large) of Iran, with 2 others being simultaneously built as we speak. We have a long way to go in this industry. I think their are other users than have much more knowledge about the industry.

Russian unproductive behavior in naval platform contract
Who is surprised?

It'll be true beyond doubt if confirmed by a shipbuilding engineer. I don't think frustration is warranted, as user Stryker1982 mentioned the vessel was designed to the IRGC's specifications and fulfills its role adequately.

For example, this ship class that was unveiled recently, according to them, they plan on constructing 12 of them in total

According to Babak Taghvaee, no confirmation by the IRGCN as far as I'm aware. Although such a number would be a great thing.

Last edited:

Iran's regular Navy also has 15 Kaman (La Combattante II) / Sina class FAC's. Out of these, 10 had been imported from France and 5 made in Iran post-Revolution after reverse-engineering (of which 4 are part of the Caspian Sea fleet). Several more appear to be planned.

The exact size of the IRIN's Qadir midget submarine fleet is not officially disclosed. There are various estimates, most notably 21 units but some credible sources have given superior figures.

There are 3 UK-supplied Alvand class light frigates inherited from the overthrown pro-western monarchy, which have been modernized since. As well as 3 Iranian-manufactured, upgraded versions known as Moj class, with 2 more under construction (1 of which at the Caspian Sea) and apparently 2 additional ones planned. Which would bring the total of these types of vessels to 10 units.

The IRGCN is operating 11 Tondar class FAC's, 10 originally bought from China, and the first domestically manufactured example was just commissioned. It's possible more will be added in future.

Lighter IRGCN FAC's with shorter range ASCM's, as well as MLRS-equipped ones, of different variants, are generally in higher to much higher numbers.

The above are only the attack vessels with the most important serial production. Apart from these, Iran is fielding multiple other classes of missile- or torpedo-armed craft in more limited quantities each.

Last edited:
Yes my communist jibe was aimed more at Far Easterners as a region than specifically to Indonesia. Of course, as people of justice, we know killing women and children is unacceptable in Islam regardless of who the enemy is, but it seems very commonplace in their region (Rohingya in Burma, the massacres in Vietnam, etc.).

His pain is coming from the brainwashing he has recieved from virtue signalling contrived fakers, the liberal West, who will destroy your lands if you dont follow what they say. Their aim is globalism and whoever doesn't play by their rules will experience what Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, and Russia have, just to name a few. This is why I'm beginning to think the system of Dajjal is becoming a close match with the Western-led liberal globalists, specifically the Anglo-phonic nations, and getting closer day by day.

There is no women or children killing during Anti Communist purge in Indonesia. That report comes from Western side and in Quran God said Muslim has to be careful on believing story coming from them ( Christian/ Jews/ non Muslim).

The credible Western report about Indonesia anti communist purge also acknowledge there is no killing of women and children during that time, and there is no torture to them as well. The purge is targeted to male Communist party members in village, nevertheless, as usual, Western report always exagerate the casualties. We can see there is movie from the West that is well known about Indonesian anti communist purge and they only acknowledge the target is only to male Communist members.

I would say the hipocrite is some one who hate the West so deep but keep living in The West. That is not a good human character.

Last edited:
There is no women or children killing during Anti Communist purge in Indonesia. That report comes from Western side and in Quran God said Muslim has to be careful on believing story coming from them ( Christian/ Jews/ non Muslim).

The credible Western report about Indonesia anti communist purge also acknowledge there is no killing of women and children during that time, and there is no torture to them as well. The purge is targeted to male Communist party members in village, nevertheless, as usual, Western report always exagerate the casualties. We can see there is movie from the West that is well known about Indonesian anti communist purge and they only acknowledge the target is only to male Communist members.

I would say the hipocrite is some one who hate the West so deep but keep living in The West. That is not a good human character.

I see no evidence there, just whitewashing, denial and false accusations, but I think this is your style. Amazing human character!

Im living in the country of my birth so the Islamic ruling is different for me. Didnt you know that? Do you want me to bring scripture and embarrass you and see whos the munafiq here? Also the land I was born in belongs to Allah so He gives his blessings to who he wills. If it's not safe or financially possible for me to make hijra then I can still live in the country of my birth provided I can practice my religion, which alhamdulillah I can! It is good human charachter to dislike the disbelievers for what they believe and speak out against ANY crime, even if it be against yourself, let alone a kaafir country! Where I live and who I criticise/dislike in my heart are mutually inclusive subjects, especially in a kaafir country. Simping for non-believers and taking them as your awliya is a major sin and a sign of a munafiq, however.

Back
Top Bottom