What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

there appears to be an octave FAC aboard the Makran 441, shown here in green.
Iran-Navy-Mission-99347-jpg-6ba32-s878x494-4.jpg

They already said it won’t have VLS.

I think they scrapped VLS on mowj frigrates. I was always skeptical if they could fit it on such a small design and still be safe.

wow.
I think even the heads of the force are not reliable anymore...
here admiral khanzadi said all the ships will be equiped with vls systems. (i think he meant sth like tor m2)

دریادار خانزادی با بیان اینکه تدابیری از فرمانده معظم کل قوا مبنی بر مصونیت بخشی به یگان‌های شناور داریم، خاطرنشان کرد: به همین علت امروز در حال پیش‌بینی موشک‌هایی برای پرتاب از سیلوهای عمود پرتاب هستیم نقطه آغاز آن فقط دماوند نیست و دماوند یکی از آنهاست؛ در جنوب هم این کار دارد انجام می‌شود.

فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش، ناوشکن «دنا» را شناور بعدی عنوان کرد که به صورت همزمان با دماوند عملیات نصب سیلوهای پرتاب عمودی موشک بر روی آن در حال انجام است و گفت: به زودی آزمایش پرتاب موشک از پرتابگر عمودی از روی یکی دیگر از شناورها انجام خواهد شد و همه شناورهای نیروی دریایی به این سامانه مجهز خواهند شد.

وی در پایان تاکید کرد: موشک‌های پرتاب شده از پرتاب‌کنندهای عمودی هم برای مقابله با موشک‌های کروز است و هم برای سکوهای پرنده پرتاب موشک‌های ضد کشتی یعنی هواپیماها در ارتفاع کوتاه و متوسط است.

I ask for your opinion:
could it be possible that the absence of the two launchers for SAM Mehrab on the Sahand 74 is in anticipation of installing the VLS, also partially using the space below, then possibly also implemented on the Dena-75 ?

I ask for your opinion:
could it be possible that the absence of the two launchers for SAM Mehrab on the Sahand 74 is in anticipation of installing the VLS, also partially using the space below, then possibly also implemented on the Dena-75 ?
He said the following:

Operation to install VLS is ongoing for Dena and Damovand simultaneously..the VLS tests will be done one other vessel...eventually all vessels will be equipped with VLS.

So in my opinion they are doing retrofits, tests and installations all at the same time...hard to imagine from a system engineering approach but I am sure they know what they are doing within the constrains that is imposed on them.

They already said it won’t have VLS.

I think they scrapped VLS on mowj frigrates. I was always skeptical if they could fit it on such a small design and still be safe.
Damavand-2 will be equipped with VLS.
But, there are ships small the Mowj Class and are equipped with VLS...

Damavand-2 will be equipped with VLS.
But, there are ships small the Mowj Class and are equipped with VLS...

Issue is what missile goes inside?

SM-2 can for air defense.

But C-802 like missiles will need modification to the missile to tilt after launch horizontally because C-802 is launched horizontally not vertically. So it will launch straight up then gas thruster will move missile into position like Jask-2 system.

But C-802 like missiles will need modification to the missile to tilt after launch horizontally because C-802 is launched horizontally not vertically. So it will launch straight up then gas thruster will move missile into position like Jask-2 system.
well SM-1 and SM-2 can actualy be used against ships . those are the missiles that sank Iranian ships in operation prying mantis not Harpoon

well SM-1 and SM-2 can actualy be used against ships . those are the missiles that sank Iranian ships in operation prying mantis not Harpoon

SM-2 is a stop gap till Iran builds naval version of 3rd Khordad and puts Sayyad-2 missiles into its VLS cells. It will need a good targeting radar built for open seas along side a powerful optic.

But on offense it needs something more than just C-802 or SM-2 which are not ship killers in this day and age anymore. Especially when going up against western systems. For offensive missiles it needs longer range and more deadlier missile. Something like Brahmos-2.

Even Ya Ali and the low RCS CM that was unveiled would be better options.

My point was that there are smaller ships in the world and still are equipped with VLS.
SM-2 is a stop gap till Iran builds naval version of 3rd Khordad and puts Sayyad-2 missiles into its VLS cells. It will need a good targeting radar built for open seas along side a powerful optic.

But on offense it needs something more than just C-802 or SM-2 which are not ship killers in this day and age anymore. Especially when going up against western systems. For offensive missiles it needs longer range and more deadlier missile. Something like Brahmos-2.

Even Ya Ali and the low RCS CM that was unveiled would be better options.
Brahmos or Yakhont would be deadlier true.
Or iran can go for a supersonic missile that can be launched from canisters like YJ-12 or hsiung feng iii.
The iranian version of TOR alongside a naval sayyad should be decent for the VLS.

The iranian version of TOR alongside a naval sayyad should be decent for the VLS.

TOR is too short of range. Iran needs something that can keep enemies at bay before launching their payloads.

All TOR would do is be able to stop the incoming projectile at less than 20KM. Meanwhile the fighter jet or drone that fired it from 100KM+ never was threatened.

So TOR would be a waste of resources. Iran needs a long range air defense system to provide a wide sphere of protection.

TOR is too short of range. Iran needs something that can keep enemies at bay before launching their payloads.

All TOR would do is be able to stop the incoming projectile at less than 20KM. Meanwhile the fighter jet or drone that fired it from 100KM+ never was threatened.

So TOR would be a waste of resources. Iran needs a long range air defense system to provide a wide sphere of protection.
But you need something for short ranges alongside long ranges.
See US naval ships has RIM-162 for short/medium ranges and other long range ADs.
French destroyers and frigates have both Aster-15 and 30.
Russian Gorshkov frigate has the S-350 system ranging from 10-15km to 100-120km.
Enemy jets can fire their anti ship missiles from 100s of kms away, outside the range of most naval ADs in the world.
In my opinion, a naval version of 9th Dey with 30-40km alongside a long range AD is better than TOR....

Back
Top Bottom