What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Screenshot-2021-06-10-14-07-26-160-01-2.jpg
To me it looks like two Tor-M2 maybe Iranian versions ? it seems Sayaad-2C missiles have been removed from Sahand and the only reason for that is Makran have been equipped to deal with long range air threats and protect both of them and Sahand with its CIWS will deal with closer targets

Last edited:
To me it looks like two Tor-M2 maybe Iranian versions ? it seems Sayaad-2C missiles have been removed from Sahand and the only reason for that is Makran have been equipped to deal with long range air threats and protect both of them and Sahand with its CIWS will deal with closer targets

Iran doesn’t have TOR-M2. It has M1.

I doubt that is TOR-M1. For one TOR-M1 doesn’t have any launch stabilizers so it would be a poor fit on top of a naval vessel in choppy waters. Also I would question how effective it’s radar would be on the open ocean.

Iran doesn’t have TOR-M2. It has M1.

I doubt that is TOR-M1. For one TOR-M1 doesn’t have any launch stabilizers so it would be a poor fit on top of a naval vessel in choppy waters. Also I would question how effective it’s radar would be on the open ocean.
officially no, but there is an Iranian version of it which its not been unveiled to public yet

Iran needs a real frigate or destroyer...
those are useless ships

they are building them so until then we only have these to work with

I would like to add that this Sahand 74 mission in the Atlantic ocean is also an exam that will either promote or defeat the manufacturing capabilities of Iranian shipyards, therefore test and demonstrate.
If all goes well, it will certainly be a wild card to put on the table for a possible version to be proposed for export.

I would like to add that this Sahand 74 mission in the Atlantic ocean is also an exam that will either promote or defeat the manufacturing capabilities of Iranian shipyards, therefore test and demonstrate.
If all goes well, it will certainly be a wild card to put on the table for a possible version to be proposed for export.
Setbacks only defeat you if your conviction is weak. If you are hellbent to succeed and evolve then you will utilize all setbacks to your benefit. From what I am seeing, Iranian navy is courageously undertaking bolder and bolder projects. There will for sure be setbacks in such endeavors, but if they endure then Iranian navy could become the most powerful it has ever been in recorded history.

Setbacks only defeat you if your conviction is weak. If you are hellbent to succeed and evolve then you will utilize all setbacks to your benefit. From what I am seeing, Iranian navy is courageously undertaking bolder and bolder projects. There will for sure be setbacks in such endeavors, but if they endure then Iranian navy could become the most powerful it has ever been in recorded history.
Fully agree...This is the first step to have a real "Blue water" navy..as some one said it other thread..Iranian navy has "Balls of steel"...lol

Forget about eagle eye, jamaran and the first damavand had the ASR radar which is way better. Also another thing, the Kamand CIWS is without its FCS....

I don’t understand isnt Sahand the latest Mowj to be built and on the sea?

Back
Top Bottom