What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Covered up the dead? First time I heard of that. We killed your heroic general and you toss some missiles and warned the U.S. to take cover so that way it looks nice to your audience back home while no U.S. deaths from the massive missile launches, but as you said we covered up our dead and don't retaliate. No thousands of U.S. soldiers based there would say anything about that.
First of all, Iran informed Iraq government few minutes before the attack ( because we respect Iraq sovereignty) while your forces were hiding in those rat holes for hours.

secondly, your actors (whom you called soldiers) didn't even mention the concussion. so yes, they had order to lie and they liked this lie cause it would justify US not to put their lives in risk again.

Indeed, aircraft would see the boats before they can see any of our ships. And since those boats have little to no air defense, they be goners. And don't say SAMs in Iran will protect them because you know they will also be destroyed.
lol, you really think we will send our boats to fight your carriers! and you really think your aircrafts can fly freely to fight our boats!! and you really really think your aircrafts have any chance countering a 500 missile boat invasion!!!

Yes, you are a typical American dreamer!
U.S navy's secret weapon against Iranian boats & drones, LIES

No it will not be too little too late. If you were in the U.S. Navy's shoes, you keep your distance right just like you said. Small attack craft have limited range so they won't go far out into the ocean. So they are limited to staying in the Straits unless they decided to go suicidal charge out into the sea. De-mining would not be the problem because they are not going to rush in. You know that for a fact because of anti ship missile threats. You clear out any SAMs and hunt down any coastal batteries.

My point was more along the lines of the following:

Closing of the strait via mines and subs would force the U.S Navy and Helicopters to conduct anti-mining operations and naval operations. The issue as you said, is that the coast would need to be cleared. This is not an operation that would last a short while, therefore the point of my argument is that, closing the strait would force the U.S to operate in the strait before air defense and coastal batteries are cleared, in addition to fast attack craft. This is due to the economic fallout as a result of the close. It's not acceptable for U.S or anyone to have that strait closed for too long.

You also have to keep in mind, my good friend, is that the U.S 5th HQ in Bahrain and the largest army base in Qatar will defenseless as Aegis equiped naval vessels will be no where near to protect them. A barrage of missiles would make quick work for the Patriot batteries there.

I think this is the likely reality, where the U.S is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sacrifice the bases? OR high-risk operation to protect the bases but with higher casualty rates by putting vessels in the front lines.

Last edited:
Heres an interesting one
Will this be an antiship version of the zolfiqar land attack ballistic missile or will it be something else,perhaps a cruise missile,possibly something like an iranian p800 oniks equivalent.......:-)

Wait.....since when did Iran unveil a ramjet engine?. I think we are looking at a cruise missile, Khalije fars and Fateh Mobin are available.

Wait.....since when did Iran unveil a ramjet engine?. I think we are looking at a cruise missile, Khalije fars and Fateh Mobin are available.
Not a total system but subsystem in a ceremony and long ago, most probably development is complted and they tested on a cruise missile.

Heres an interesting one
Will this be an antiship version of the zolfiqar land attack ballistic missile or will it be something else,perhaps a cruise missile,possibly something like an iranian p800 oniks equivalent.......:-)

That already exists. It's called Khalije Fars.

This is likely a ramjet-powered supersonic ASCM

That already exists. It's called Khalije Fars.

This is likely a ramjet-powered supersonic ASCM
Yes,however khalij Fars doesnt have 700kms range,only around 300kms.So that either leaves a new ashbm ie something in the zulfiqar class,or a new cruise missile,possibly supersonic.

700 km ashcm with ramjet powered supersonic speed at first try, i was expecting in between 300-500 km. It could be from BM series, upgraded from zulfiqure BM.

I assume this is an upgraded member of the Noor, Qadir etc family of missiles, or even a sea launched "Ya Ali" version. If this was a supersonic ASHM, I am sure they would have commented on its speed attribute too and not just its range when they revealed its existence. I am sure we'll see it soon enough anyway.

Yes,however khalij Fars doesnt have 700kms range,only around 300kms.So that either leaves a new ashbm ie something in the zulfiqar class,or a new cruise missile,possibly supersonic.
700 km ashcm with ramjet powered supersonic speed at first try, i was expecting in between 300-500 km. It could be from BM series, upgraded from zulfiqure BM.

he specifically said cruise missile so what are you guys talking about

I doubt 700 km missile will be supersonic and cruise at the same time! Do we have anything like that in any other country?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

800px-Brahmos_imds.jpg

I doubt 700 km missile will be supersonic and cruise at the same time! Do we have anything like that in any other country?
The p-800 onyx comes close with up to 600kms range.The soviets developed very large heavy weight [7000kg] "carrier killer" types of supersonic ashcms like the p-700/ss-n-19.

Back
Top Bottom