What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

You can't determine the speed just by looking at the range anymore. Many missiles, including fully supersonic systems (like Indian-Russian Brahmos) can reach ranges of up to 600 km now.

IRAN SAYS ITS MISSILES CAN HIT SHIPS MORE THAN 400 MILES AWAY, HAS BOATS THREE TIMES FASTER THAN U.S. NAVY

Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard announced enhanced capabilities for its naval fleet, including extended anti-ship missile range and faster vessels capable of outpacing its top rival, the United States.

Iranian Revolutionary Guard Navy commander Rear Admiral Alireza Tangsiri said Monday that his forces now "have a variety of surface-to-surface missiles with a range of 700 km [more than 430 miles] produced domestically." He also touted the production of new warships, such as the 55-meter catamaran-style helicopter carrier inaugurated in 2016, along with other vessels that are said to be capable of reading speeds of up to 90 knots, or "three times faster than American vessels."

"Wherever the Americans have been present, insecurity has arisen, and we do not know where the presence of the United States has led to security," Tangsiri said.

He referenced the recent encounter in which up to 11 armed Revolutionary Guard fast-attack craft appeared to approach and circle ships of the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet in the Persian Gulf, arguing that "contrary to international regulations, the Americans blocked the way for our vessels and refused to respond to the radio, which was met with a powerful confrontation by our forces."

The Fifth Fleet has alleged that it was Iran's Revolutionary Guard that initiated what the Navy group described as an "unsafe and unprofessional interaction," ignoring repeated warnings for more than an hour and a half. The Persian Gulf has for decades been a flashpoint for U.S.-Iran tensions, which have escalated during the past year.

iran-irgc-navy-us-fifth-fleet-gulf.jpg

Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy (IRGCN) vessels conducted what the U.S. Navy described as "unsafe and unprofessional actions against U.S. Military ships by crossing the ships’ bows and sterns at close range while operating in international waters" of the Persian Gulf, a longtime flashpoint for tensions between Washington and Tehran.

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-missile-400-miles-faster-ships-us-1499298

You're making me laugh.
"All is well"
Oh wait 12, oh wait 16
Ooops its 30
Nope 60
Okay it's 100
but it's just headaches, that's all
Shhhhhhh...
Coronavirus is a scam

Are you that gullible and naive ? LOL

You guys make me laugh. Iranian plane crashed not shot down. Even your own people believe it. Even the posters here believes it. Says Americans make things up about it. And when the plane was shot down by the Iranians, you resort to saying it must be some jamming or something.

be patient my son , the time will come , Iranians love dancing but it takes two to tango hombre .

They will Launch those missile ,just like they did few month ago .

Then I'll be waiting then. Until then...

My point was more along the lines of the following:

Closing of the strait via mines and subs would force the U.S Navy and Helicopters to conduct anti-mining operations and naval operations. The issue as you said, is that the coast would need to be cleared. This is not an operation that would last a short while, therefore the point of my argument is that, closing the strait would force the U.S to operate in the strait before air defense and coastal batteries are cleared, in addition to fast attack craft. This is due to the economic fallout as a result of the close. It's not acceptable for U.S or anyone to have that strait closed for too long.

You also have to keep in mind, my good friend, is that the U.S 5th HQ in Bahrain and the largest army base in Qatar will defenseless as Aegis equiped naval vessels will be no where near to protect them. A barrage of missiles would make quick work for the Patriot batteries there.

I think this is the likely reality, where the U.S is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sacrifice the bases? OR high-risk operation to protect the bases but with higher casualty rates by putting vessels in the front lines.

No, you don't rush in to clear mines while anti ship missiles and SAMs are operating in the vicinity. How would you deal with it? You can do better than that.

And also they won't come in to protect the HQ, you should remember its not the most priority when you can shift command to another location. Which would you do? Sacrifice your ships to protect HQ? Or protect it.

First of all, Iran informed Iraq government few minutes before the attack ( because we respect Iraq sovereignty) while your forces were hiding in those rat holes for hours.

secondly, your actors (whom you called soldiers) didn't even mention the concussion. so yes, they had order to lie and they liked this lie cause it would justify US not to put their lives in risk again.

lol, you really think we will send our boats to fight your carriers! and you really think your aircrafts can fly freely to fight our boats!! and you really really think your aircrafts have any chance countering a 500 missile boat invasion!!!

Yes, you are a typical American dreamer!
U.S navy's secret weapon against Iranian boats & drones, LIES

Why would our actors like about no concussion when the Pentagon says they had them in the first place?

You send boats to attack the mock up carrier in training. Even sending helos to land on the carrier to take over. Are you sayings thats BS?

without appropriate air defenses those ships are just target practice in any conflict in the golf

That’s like saying without proper air defenses a US frigate is target practice.

You are merely pointing out the obvious in naval battle formation. These frigates are not made for direct warfare they are made to be part of a flotilla. Packing capable air defenses on these tiny things is a waste. Either build one entirely for air defense or do what Iran is doing currently. But the logical option is for these to float with 1-2 future Iranian destroyers for protection.

right now they are nothing more than glorified coast guard vessels and piracy operations.

View attachment 628826
Naw image of shiraz corvette

chimneys for engine fumes and new superstructures built

t5KSEiM.jpg

the new superstructures seem very large and high, this asks me a question:
1) above will they install 30mm CIWS with ammunition storage inside the superstructure?
2) or could the new superstructures house the VLS?

DvO2Ntm.jpg

chimneys for engine fumes and new superstructures built

t5KSEiM.jpg

the new superstructures seem very large and high, this asks me a question:
1) above will they install 30mm CIWS with ammunition storage inside the superstructure?
2) or could the new superstructures house the VLS?

DvO2Ntm.jpg

Shiraz is an intelligence ship, so unlikely to be VLS. Likely CIWS, which is a staple for ships without offensive weapons.

Shiraz is an intelligence ship, so unlikely to be VLS. Likely CIWS, which is a staple for ships without offensive weapons.
an intelligence ship must protect itself so it won't be strange that they put some air-defense missile on it .

Back
Top Bottom