What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

daryadar_hossein_khanzadi_20200415_234800_3.jpg

Damavand_2 frigate

If we are gonna mess around with them, can we atleast aim our rockets at them instead of being parallel, cause otherwise they could just blow us out of the water pretty easily unfortunately.

Those small vessels are not what the USN is worried about, its the thousands of cruise and AshBMs aimed at them that they're afraid of.

Those small vessels are not what the USN is worried about, its the thousands of cruise and AshBMs aimed at them that they're afraid of.

Indeed, also those vessels of similar small size that hold Zafar CM's. Too bad those weren't there to make them worried because those ships will be in the bottom of the gulf if they make the wrong move.

peykaap-2-image01.jpg

Alpha Male

EVrXQzjXkAg-0Yw.png

Indeed, also those vessels of similar small size that hold Zafar CM's. Too bad those weren't there to make them worried because those ships will be in the bottom of the gulf if they make the wrong move.

peykaap-2-image01.jpg

Alpha Male

EVrXQzjXkAg-0Yw.png

Imagine if those Missile boats carried four AshCMs instead of two each. Just flood the area with dozens, upon dozens of those boats firing off waves of missiles while AshBMs, guided rockets and torpedos rain down from above. Lot's of firepower when you think of it that way but I'm just taking the piss here lol.

Very brave (if not a little bombastic) for the IRGCN to face off with the USN in this manner given how unbelievably hostile Trump's administration has become.

Imagine if those Missile boats carried four AshCMs instead of two each. Just flood the area with dozens, upon dozens of those boats firing off waves of missiles while AshBMs, guided rockets and torpedos rain down from above. Lot's of firepower when you think of it that way but I'm just taking the piss here lol.

Very brave (if not a little bombastic) for the IRGCN to face off with the USN in this manner given how unbelievably hostile Trump's administration has become.

That would be a great tactic that I have thought about as well. They have enough range to be outside the engagement range of any American autocannons onboard.
I can't imagine that these cost alot for them not to be mass produced to sufficient quantity.

You never know, their could be semi-submersible craft accompanying those boats with torpedoes ready-to-go.
Iranian armed forces are very brave throughout our history even infront of the wealthiest adversaries. Keep in mind, their is most likely anti-shipping CM batteries already locked onto their positions, and on high alert in case the Americans make a mistake, ready to light them up in a few minutes.
This likely gives pause to the Americans engaging those boats even with a hardline Trump admin in charge who said they'd shoot them. They know that they will be destroyed if they make the wrong move. Their were only two ships sailing there, not the whole fleet :).

they carry two torpedoes to in addition to those 2 missiles

I can't imagine that these cost alot for them not to be mass produced to sufficient quantity.
there are ~70 of those in service by IRGCN plus other types of small boats armed with torpedos and CMs. army also has similar quantity of small crafts armed with cruise missile.
to be honest we (and almost every other person thinking of our military) are so focused on our missile forces that some times forget about our conventional capabilities. look at the navy, people do not know we have amphibious assault and LCT capability. look at the number of our subs, frigates, these small attack crafts... and look at the numbers in region. look at the capabilities, ranges...
right now our navy (IRGCN+arteshN), air defense force and missile forces are in good shape. army aviation is also capable force. but ground force and air force need new equipment.

Back
Top Bottom