What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I was under the impression that the the hull would be more or less the same but with much lighter superstructure.

so what happens to negin now? Is it still planned as a single hull destroyer?

yes negin is still planned as a single hull destroyer and moving on as planed

we only have 2 trimaran warships one 6000 tons and the other 2000 tons all other projects have single hull

yes negin is still planned as a single hull destroyer and moving on as planed

we only have 2 trimaran warships one 6000 tons and the other 2000 tons all other projects have single hull

so there is one single hull 6000ton

and

another trimaran 6000ton

that makes absolutely no sense! Has navy resources exploded? They must have shitload of shipyards now in order to pull off so many parallel projects

guys i have a question, is it possible to mount an OTH radar on a ship?? specially on some LHD/carrier??

so there is one single hull 6000ton

and

another trimaran 6000ton

that makes absolutely no sense! Has navy resources exploded? They must have shitload of shipyards now in order to pull off so many parallel projects

"so there is one single hull 6000ton" yes its negin destroyer + Persian Gulf warship both are single hull.

"another trimaran 6000ton" yes this one in pic below the same one they showed us few month back

Iran_has_unveiled_trimaran_warship_design_Safineh_guided_missile_destroyer_project_925_001.jpg

"there is another 2000 tons trimaran but they did not showed us any pics from its design"

guys i have a question, is it possible to mount an OTH radar on a ship?? specially on some LHD/carrier??
unless you have nuclear reactors on the ship to power your OTH radar if you do not then no but you can install long range radar like Meraj 4 radar

is that Damavand 2?

11111111111111.jpg

well , everything is possible but is it worth it ? they have E-2 Hawkeye for that since 60s , since 50s they had E1-Tracer for that
1024px-USS_Theodore_Roosevelt_%28CVN_71%29_conducts_flight_operations._%2849122248696%29.jpg

USS Theodore Roosevelt 2019
in 70's Britain modified Sea King AEW for the same role
1024px-Sea_King_ASaC_near_Portreath.jpg

soviet union also had plans for a YAK-44 airplane that later cancelled after fall of soviet union and the cancellation of expansion of their carrier fleet

"another trimaran 6000ton" yes this one in pic below the same one they showed us few month back

Iran_has_unveiled_trimaran_warship_design_Safineh_guided_missile_destroyer_project_925_001.jpg
are you sure its 6000 ton one not 2000 ton one ? by looking at the cannon if its the same as Fajr-27 cannon then the ship is more like a 2000 ton one if you compare it to Mowdge

are you sure its 6000 ton one not 2000 ton one ? by looking at the cannon if its the same as Fajr-27 cannon then the ship is more like a 2000 ton one if you compare it to Mowdge

2000 tons with 96 cells? i don't think so, most probably they made it 6000 tons to place those 96 cells

2000 tons with 96 cells? i don't think so, most probably they made it 6000 tons to place those 96 cells
well , once i compared it with usa trimaran. the misconception here is iran trimaran use usa trimaran design , while if you look closely there are difference . for start . the structure, radar an control room in I Iranian design is more toward back of the ship while in American design its at center to forward part of the ship . so in iranian design there is more space in front part for VLS cells while in American design there is more space in back of the ship for extra helicopter or any trop or veheicle they want to carry.

"so there is one single hull 6000ton" yes its negin destroyer + Persian Gulf warship both are single hull.

"there is another 2000 tons trimaran but they did not showed us any pics from its design"

unless you have nuclear reactors on the ship to power your OTH radar if you do not then no but you can install long range radar like Meraj 4 radar

is that Damavand 2?

View attachment 621542
about 96 tubes ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom