What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

A global circumnavigation,thats a real shake down cruise for the navies newest blue water ship.
I think it shows the sort of confidence that the navy now has in its ships after the performance of the shahand,and that the performance and reliability of the iranian built drive train is first rate.
I`d just like to see them also developing gas turbine power plants,both as retro-fits for the moudge class and as the next gen propulsion systems for irans next generation of 6-10,000 ton class ships.

A global circumnavigation,thats a real shake down cruise for the navies newest blue water ship.
I think it shows the sort of confidence that the navy now has in its ships after the performance of the shahand,and that the performance and reliability of the iranian built drive train is first rate.
I`d just like to see them also developing gas turbine power plants,both as retro-fits for the moudge class and as the next gen propulsion systems for irans next generation of 6-10,000 ton class ships.
i prefer gas turbine for future bigger ship , they provide faster speed but consume more fuel and the amount of fuel on moudge is somehow limited

Could someone translate these measurements?
intresting question if the big cannister is for sayyad-2 , its about 40-45cm wide why the can't design a quad or bi launcher for it and equip it with more missile ?

Last edited:

intresting question if the big cannister is for sayyad-2 , its about 40-45cm wide why the can't design a quad or bi launcher for it and equip it with more missile ?

Is it not Irrelevant since curvature of earth at sea limits how far your radar could pick up a flying object anyway at medium distance?

Makes more sense to load up against swarm threat (drone, CM, PGM, etc) via SHORAD than long range threat (fighter jet, bomber, etc) via Sayyad.

Is it not Irrelevant since curvature of earth at sea limits how far your radar could pick up a flying object anyway at medium distance?

Makes more sense to load up against swarm threat (drone, CM, PGM, etc) via SHORAD than long range threat (fighter jet, bomber, etc) via Sayyad.
i belive those gun and cannons are more suited for swarm .
but my question is if those canister are 110cm why put one missile in them not two missile ?
you can put your 16 short range missile but as it seems the role of this ship include fleet defense . then why not carry 12 long range instead of 6 long range a sayyad-2 is 40-45cm at most

i belive those gun and cannons are more suited for swarm .

Those gun are too short of range to depend on and not 360 coverage.

but my question is if those canister are 110cm why put one missile in them not two missile ?

Likely due to 1st gen VLS tech. This is not field Iran is experienced in. One mishap and that whole ship goes up in flames.

you can put your 16 short range missile but as it seems the role of this ship include fleet defense

I don’t think it’s fleet defense, it just happen to actually be able to defend itself without the need of being a group.

For example, a Mowj vessel by itself is likely going to sink. Defenses are low and easy to by pass especially with a swarm tactic.

Those gun are too short of range to depend on and not 360 coverage.
there is 4 of them and 800m is enough for small drones , just look at them like some mini phalanx and there is 4 of them if worked together they can cover 360 degree
Likely due to 1st gen VLS tech. This is not field Iran is experienced in. One mishap and that whole ship goes up in flames.
well hope they fix that soon
For example, a Mowj vessel by itself is likely going to sink. Defenses are low and easy to by pass especially with a swarm tactic.
i wonder what is there to protect moudge ? its defense with 4 Mehrab missile alone is somehow lacking and their insistence on not use automatic guns on it made it vulnerable to swarm tactics to be honest i don't think anything but fajr cannon on the ship has any use against incoming missiles or drones .
that 40mm cannon was useless even when it first was built and soldiers cant hit anything by those 2x 20mm cannon and 2 12.7mm guns specially if the sea is not calm

i wonder what is there to protect moudge ? its defense with 4 Mehrab missile alone is somehow lacking and their insistence on not use automatic guns on it made it vulnerable to swarm tactics to be honest i don't think anything but fajr cannon on the ship has any use against incoming missiles or drones .
that 40mm cannon was useless even when it first was built and soldiers cant hit anything by those 2x 20mm cannon and 2 12.7mm guns specially if the sea is not calm
Most of them only have 2 Mehrabs.
I thought the 40mm and the 76mm guns are under computer control and automatic...

Is it bad computer control or are the guns defective in some way?
the guns were useless from WW2 era that they were made , no matter how many upgrade on the design were made it simply didn't had enough fire rate was not percise and didn't produce enough shrapnel to build an actual wall in front of the ship

the guns were useless from WW2 era that they were made , no matter how many upgrade on the design were made it simply didn't had enough fire rate was not percise and didn't produce enough shrapnel to build an actual wall in front of the ship
Could changing/upgrading the shells make a difference?
Also, would the two guns fired together onto a single target make a difference for the slower rate of fire?

Could changing/upgrading the shells make a difference?
Also, would the two guns fired together onto a single target make a difference for the slower rate of fire?
the gun is big considred its not only on the deck but also took space under it . In my mind better get rid of it and put two Kamand CIWS in its place

Most of them only have 2 Mehrabs.
wonder why , each Mehrab launcher in Moudge class carry two missile one in launch position and one under it ,in Kidd class destroyer that supposed to be us but used by USA navy and letter sold to Taiwan also if you look at the ship you see only two MK-26 launcher but each of them connected to 34 SM-2 missile
why they remove one of such important piece of equipment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom