What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

wonder why , each Mehrab launcher in Moudge class carry two missile one in launch position and one under it ,in Kidd class destroyer that supposed to be us but used by USA navy and letter sold to Taiwan also if you look at the ship you see only two MK-26 launcher but each of them connected to 34 SM-2 missile
why they remove one of such important piece of equipment
When Jameran first appeared, there was discussion in the old Iran defence.net as to whether there was sufficient space underneath those box launchers for more than the 4 they contained on top. There appears to be a room of some sort and it is doubtful there are any reloads or loading mechanism directly underneath those launchers in that room under them. So Jameran only has 4 and the others 2 as far as I know, hence mine and others here deep concern for adequate air defense for these vessels.
Shahid Soleimani is truly the first vessel with somewhat acceptable air defense.

there is 4 of them and 800m is enough for small drones , just look at them like some mini phalanx and there is 4 of them if worked together they can cover 360 degree

Patarames has done analysis. Really only the main phalanx can reliably shoot down a projectile the rest can only act as redundancy measures.

well hope they fix that soon

First ship, new tech. Not surprising they didn’t go bi or quad launcher.

i wonder what is there to protect moudge ? its defense with 4 Mehrab missile alone is somehow lacking and their insistence on not use automatic guns on it made it vulnerable to swarm tactics to be honest i don't think anything but fajr cannon on the ship has any use against incoming missiles or drones .
that 40mm cannon was useless even when it first was built and soldiers cant hit anything by those 2x 20mm cannon and 2 12.7mm guns specially if the sea is not calm

Mowj is an outdated design. From a period when CMs and PGMs were not yet fully a threat. It is now a vessel that needs to be part of a battle group in order to survive.

Meanwhile Shahid Solemani can be standalone and survive against a light to medium attack effort.

wonder why , each Mehrab launcher in Moudge class carry two missile one in launch position and one under it ,in Kidd class destroyer that supposed to be us but used by USA navy and letter sold to Taiwan also if you look at the ship you see only two MK-26 launcher but each of them connected to 34 SM-2 missile
why they remove one of such important piece of equipment
The launcher on the moudge class is a MK-32
Mk_32_MLS.png

Its either a single shot launcher [as on the moudge] or fitted with a horizontal extension holding 1 reload.
The reason why iran wound up with these was because they were retrofitted to the old ww2 sumner class that was supplied to the pahlavi regime back in the 70s
missiles2.jpg

You can see the launchers,with their attached reload section,mounted on the bow and amid ships on the old IIS Babr
palang4.jpg

and the Palang
[strangely the iri navy didnt make any use of the telescoping hanger on the moudge class boats despite its potential obvious usefulness]

Check out the link below for more info on this early period in the development of irans modern navy
https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/the-shahs-sumners/

The reason why iran wound up with these was because they were retrofitted to the old ww2 sumner class that was supplied to the pahlavi regime back in the 70s
Babr and Palang each had 4x launcher that carried 2 missile one in Ready for fire position and one in reserve , the question is why you say moudge class has single missile launcher while everywhere you look it state that it has 2x two missile launcher, and we never had those single missile box

Babr and Palang each had 4x launcher that carried 2 missile one in Ready for fire position and one in reserve , the question is why you say moudge class has single missile launcher while everywhere you look it state that it has 2x two missile launcher, and we never had those single missile box
Each of the 2 launchers on the moudge class boats is a SINGLE shot only,there is NO RELOAD carried,ie it is the launcher section ONLY,it is minus the front extension magazine with the single reload.
Mk_32_MLS.png

d.jpeg

Iran controls its territorial waters from its coasts with its naval missiles, of which it possesses many.
And even on the Gulf, the Sea of Oman and the Arabian Sea. Even nearby countries and energy sources through their missiles.
Therefore, I do not think that anyone is thinking of penetrating its territorial waters, let alone attacking its lands.

And because it is looking for a broader regional and international role, or to remove aircraft carriers that threaten its security, it is looking for a stronger naval force that reaches all seas and oceans. But this is not easy at all and requires funds if that money is directed towards other projects that will have a better return.

Each weapon must have four things:
To see the threat, danger, or target
Then the ability to access it
then destroy it
It provides protection during these missions

The first of these four elements is not possessed by Iran
It does not have the technology of making radar, and as far as I know, it did not get a good quality of it for detecting targets.
Iran should acquire the technology to manufacture the radar with gallium nitride technology.
As far as I know, it has an eagle eye project, which I think is with Chinese help, which is likely.

Iran has quartz sand, and with simple money it can convert it into wafer and then into electronic chips, solar panels, LED lights, and many other things on which the industry and the future depend. Rather, this technology gives it more power.

The launcher on the moudge class is a MK-32
Mk_32_MLS.png

Its either a single shot launcher [as on the moudge] or fitted with a horizontal extension holding 1 reload.
missiles2.jpg

You can see the launchers,with their attached reload section,mounted on the bow and amid ships on the old IIS Babr
palang4.jpg

and the Palang
[strangely the iri navy didnt make any use of the telescoping hanger on the moudge class boats despite its potential obvious usefulness]

Check out the link below for more info on this early period in the development of irans modern navy
https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/the-shahs-sumners/
Speaking of, What happened to Iran's destroyers?

What do you think the ship was doing that far away from Iran, training purposes or something else there’s nothing in the area that would seem to catch my eye, doesn’t seem they were trying to hide anything if they contacted India

Floating naval base of operations. Iran has a few of them around the Middle East. They are usually converted oil tankers or commercial ships.

Floating naval base of operations. Iran has a few of them around the Middle East. They are usually converted oil tankers or commercial ships.
I know what the ship is, and for what it’s use is for but operations was it doing if any do you think a couple thousands miles off the coast of Iran, intel etc or just plain like you said just floating out in sea, seems more to it on the surface or just plain training

I know what the ship is, and for what it’s use is for but operations was it doing if any do you think a couple thousands miles off the coast of Iran, intel etc or just plain like you said just floating out in sea, seems more to it on the surface or just plain training

Intel, signit, and support to Quds force operations happening in Middle East.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom