What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

The Russian Pacific Fleet’s naval group has anchored in the roadstead of the Chabahar port in the Islamic Republic of Iran
MOSCOW, January 18. /TASS/. The Russian, Iranian and Chinese navies will hold joint naval maneuvers, Russia’s Pacific Fleet reported on Tuesday.
"The Pacific Fleet’s naval group made up of the Guards Order of Nakhimov missile cruiser Varyag, the large anti-submarine warfare ship Admiral Tributs and the large sea tanker Boris Butoma has anchored in the roadstead of the Chabahar port in the Islamic Republic of Iran. In the port, the Russian Navy’s official delegation will take part in a planning conference on holding joint naval drills of combat ships of Russia, Iran and China," the Pacific Fleet’s press office reported.
The Russian naval ships will also replenish food, fresh water and fuel supplies at the port, the press office specified.
The Pacific Fleet’s naval task force departed from Vladivostok and embarked on its long-distance deployment several days before the new year 2022.
During their long-term deployment, the Russian naval ships are scheduled to call at the ports of several states, including the Republic of Seychelles. The port call will mark 105 years since the Imperial Russian Navy’s armored deck cruiser Varyag called at Port Victoria of the Seychelles Islands.
During its long-distance deployment, the Russian naval task force will hold scheduled drills, including international maneuvers as part of a group of combat ships in various parts of the Ocean

Some photos of Iran, Russia, China joint naval operations(anti piracy ops). I think having captured British, American and somali pirates Iran has few practical tips to teach the Russian and Chinese sides.
1642774945770.png

1642774974186.png

1642775045538.png

1642776587704.png

1642774904588.png

1642774738156.png

1642774858817.png

1642774695005.png

1642774880726.png

1642775167062.png

1642774805903.png

Last edited:
Glad to see a better radar on the Jameran, even though these radars are more than what the current vessels need, they will be needed for the future heavier ships fielding heavier fire power.
I wonder when the image with the radar was taken because I just looked at the Jameran pics from the recent joint exercises and there is no main radar at all in those pics.

Glad to see a better radar on the Jameran, even though these radars are more than what the current vessels need, they will be needed for the future heavier ships fielding heavier fire power.
I wonder when the image with the radar was taken because I just looked at the Jameran pics from the recent joint exercises and there is no main radar at all in those pics.
in May 2020 they published this image, and it was already installed, but the small antenna positioned above was absent
c80ca7cb-3c5e-4b07-9a58-0749989afb74.jpg

No issue at all. But, what is it exactly?
from the photo I published unlike this one, I notice that instead of the satellite antenna is now positioned what looks like an optronic system, therefore it makes me think that what you have highlighted could be a new model of satellite antenna, but not I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom