What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

The first part of Tansim report specifies that the main engines of the two ship were overhauled...

My take.....MAC3600 engines are not currently in...however they will put them in in some later date at the "full _up" repair which to me will be the "end of life "extension program..just my take on this.

however they wrote that one FAC remained in the works for 6 years and the other for 4, probably for this long period of work they can already be identified as an extension of the useful life of the ships.
The possible future complete replacement of the engines with the Mac-3600 should be facilitated by the presence of a predisposition on deck that allows easier access to the engine room

Iran-navy-Sina-7-missile-frigate-2-2.jpg

sometimes the videos also offer something other than what the ceremony wants to indicate at the ceremony of the re-entry into the Alvand class frigate fleet a few days ago, in some frames you can see the Talaiyeh frigate and FAC Konarak
Screenshot-2021-12-25-16-52-16-750-01.jpg

Screenshot-2021-12-25-16-52-16-750-01-2.jpg
Mr Sahureka I admire your attention to details..Merry Christmas to you if you are Christian.

I don't even know what this thing is...surface vs submersible...speed vs stealth. Shrug.

Yes it’s fast, but not against a phalanx ment to intercept missiles coming in at 500Mph.

Thus it needs to be more submerged and act like a guidance torpedo.

These have already been used in Yemen conflict and they have been intercepted by naval ships rather easily.

Now if used in a swarm tactic with manned IRGC speedboats it’s likely they will make it thru or at least one will.

But like I said submersible would be better.

Yes it’s fast, but not against a phalanx ment to intercept missiles coming in at 500Mph.

Thus it needs to be more submerged and act like a guidance torpedo.

These have already been used in Yemen conflict and they have been intercepted by naval ships rather easily.

Now if used in a swarm tactic with manned IRGC speedboats it’s likely they will make it thru or at least one will.

But like I said submersible would be better.
What I intended to say was that 'intuitively' it doesn't seem natural for something 'touching' the water to move so fast...there's something wrong with the movement...obviously my intuition may be way off.

It's funny to watch how excited these guys get over this simulation. It's not very realistic but its fun and games. They also did a video recently where 3 F-22s go after the Russian presidential plane.

REALISTIC Iranian Combined Gunboat, Missile & Drone Swarm vs US Carrier Group (Vid 53) | DCS

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom