What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I mean, how much can you really do with 100+ million USD.
are you sure thats the correct amount? Also, Iranian govt strongly believes Iran is a naval power, so Iran has invested heavily in its naval power and the adjacent waters around it like the Persian Gulf.

New iranian designed and built Makran 3600 marine diesel engine
FHJl0SeXMAkgi7P

FHJl0SoXMAE3Bru

are you sure thats the correct amount? Also, Iranian govt strongly believes Iran is a naval power, so Iran has invested heavily in its naval power and the adjacent waters around it like the Persian Gulf.

A Jamaran alone cost probably 75M (at least)

A Jamaran alone cost probably 75M (at least)
That would explain why it takes a long time to build one.

Despite this, Iran is still very much in control of the waters there I am fairly confident on that. The US presence there makes it very much complicated but without them, it's quite clear Iran can do what it wants there any no one can really do anything about it. The surface fleet is still vulnerable from air attacks though, but looks like CIWS is being added and alot of ground work has been built based on the number of SHORAD systems that were published this year.

New iranian designed and built Makran 3600 marine diesel engine
FHJl0SeXMAkgi7P

FHJl0SoXMAE3Bru

in some articles read, reference is made to the new Makran 3600 marine diesel engine, and then also to the return to the fleet of the 2 Peykan class FACs after extensive repair and modernization works.
Then in some, as in the Press article that I am attaching, they indicate:
"The ceremony also featured the unveiling of the country's first indigenous 3600-horsepower diesel engine that is planned to be installed on the destroyer", and this left me with some doubts, 1) if as a destroyer he referred to the two Peykan classes indicated in the article or on any future naval units?
2) if the answer is for the two Peykan class:
- are the new Makran 3600 motors already installed on the two FACs?
- or will they be in the future?
also because if it is foreseen for the future, the two naval units must return to the shipyard

https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/12/21/673120/Iran-Navy-missile-destroyers
and
https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...-انداز-گرز-و-خنجر-به-نیروی-دریایی-ارتش-تصاویر

in some articles read, reference is made to the new Makran 3600 marine diesel engine, and then also to the return to the fleet of the 2 Peykan class FACs after extensive repair and modernization works.
Then in some, as in the Press article that I am attaching, they indicate:
"The ceremony also featured the unveiling of the country's first indigenous 3600-horsepower diesel engine that is planned to be installed on the destroyer", and this left me with some doubts, 1) if as a destroyer he referred to the two Peykan classes indicated in the article or on any future naval units?
2) if the answer is for the two Peykan class:
- are the new Makran 3600 motors already installed on the two FACs?
- or will they be in the future?
also because if it is foreseen for the future, the two naval units must return to the shipyard

https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/12/21/673120/Iran-Navy-missile-destroyers
and
https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1400/09/30/2629933/رونمایی-از-نخستین-موتور-دیزل-دریایی-تمام-ایرانی-الحاق-2-ناو-موشک-انداز-گرز-و-خنجر-به-نیروی-دریایی-ارتش-تصاویر
The way I read Tansim..NO MAC3600 is installed on any thing ...

The way I read Tansim..NO MAC3600 is installed on any thing ...
my question was in reference to this writing in the article published by Tasmin
ناخدایکم ستاد عباس فاضل‌نیا فرمانده فنی نیروی دریایی ارتش در این آیین گفت: تعمیرات اساسی شناورها با استفاده از توان مجموعه فنی نیروی دریایی ارتش و ظرفیت شرکت‏‌های دانش‌بنیان محقق شده است. در تعمیرات اساسی قطعات بومی و بازسازی‌شده و موتور بومی مکران نیز با 3600 اسب بخار روی 2 ناو یادشده نصب می‏‌شود
can you translate it correctly into english?

thank

موتور بومی مکران نیز با 3600 اسب بخار روی 2 ناو یادشده نصب می‏‌شود

This part says that the new Mac 3600 hp engine will be installed on two renovated ships.

my question was in reference to this writing in the article published by Tasmin
ناخدایکم ستاد عباس فاضل‌نیا فرمانده فنی نیروی دریایی ارتش در این آیین گفت: تعمیرات اساسی شناورها با استفاده از توان مجموعه فنی نیروی دریایی ارتش و ظرفیت شرکت‏‌های دانش‌بنیان محقق شده است. در تعمیرات اساسی قطعات بومی و بازسازی‌شده و موتور بومی مکران نیز با 3600 اسب بخار روی 2 ناو یادشده نصب می‏‌شود
can you translate it correctly into english?

thank
The last sentence is the key "during full up repairs the refurbished parts and MAC3600 engine will be installed in the 2 mentioned warships."

The last sentence is the key "during full up repairs the refurbished parts and MAC3600 engine will be installed in the 2 mentioned warships."

summarizing:
it is certain that these two Peyka-class FACs have returned to the fleet fully repaired and updated, therefore the Makran 3600 engines should be on board, because otherwise the two ships would have to return to the shipyard to replace the engines.

summarizing:
it is certain that these two Peyka-class FACs have returned to the fleet fully repaired and updated, therefore the Makran 3600 engines should be on board, because otherwise the two ships would have to return to the shipyard to replace the engines.
The first part of Tansim report specifies that the main engines of the two ship were overhauled...

My take.....MAC3600 engines are not currently in...however they will put them in in some later date at the "full _up" repair which to me will be the "end of life "extension program..just my take on this.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom