What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

frigate !!
medium artillery with rapid fire, anti-ship missiles, anti-aircraft missiles, ASW torpedoes, radar, sonar, decoy launchers, flight deck helicopters.
this is for Jamaran 76,
for Sahand , Mr. Oldman1, you have to take a little patience.

When are they commissioning the ship?

Hello

I have red in the french newspaper that Iran is working on submarines called Besat. As per the info in the article Iran should have up to 20 of such submarines.

Is this correct? We we are now with the construction of this submarines? Is there anw photos oro videos available?

thanks

Last edited:
Hello

I have red in the french newspaper that Iran is working on submarines called Besat. As per the info in the article Iran should will have up to 20 of such submarines.

Is this correct? We we are now with the construction of this submarines? Is there anw photos oro videos available?

thanks

They are confusing the Besat with the Ghadir class

Iran has 3 Kilo Class, 1 Fatteh Class (Iranian built 600tone 2 built 1 lost), 1 Nahang class (350tone) and over 20 Ghadir Class (150-200 tone)

Besat is 1200 tone sub that Iran had plans on building but so far due to delays on the Fatteh class that project has been delayed and is rarely mentioned

The newest type of Sub Iran has is the 600 tone fatteh and depending on how that sub performs they'll either decide to produce more Fatteh class subs or move on to the Besat

This is the Fatteh

These are the Gadir class

This is the Nahang Class

This is a mockup design of the Besat

in a Russian site the user "hufden" has published this image,
AQEeozj.jpg

which identifies Bandar Anzali from the coordinates, where it is possible to see that the shipbuilding blocks are visible in the shipyard.
Since he did not find any confirmation in the Iranian press, the user asked if they are part of the hull of a new frigate.
I ask the experts of this discussion whether this is really a recent photo (the date printed in the photo is 4-17-2018) or it is an old image during the Damavan construction period.

thanks for a possible answer

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

in a Russian site the user "hufden" has published this image,
AQEeozj.jpg

which identifies Bandar Anzali from the coordinates, where it is possible to see that the shipbuilding blocks are visible in the shipyard.
Since he did not find any confirmation in the Iranian press, the user asked if they are part of the hull of a new frigate.
I ask the experts of this discussion whether this is really a recent photo (the date printed in the photo is 4-17-2018) or it is an old image during the Damavan construction period.

thanks for a possible answer

8.jpg

Photo's from the user "hudfen" who writes on the Russian forum
Yesterday's photo from Bandar Anzali, probably shows Damavand 77 tree, recovered,

25-6306901-photo-2018-05-24.jpg

25-6306901-aktau-2017.jpg

which could be reused, along with other elements and systems for the new frigate.

[QUOTE = "TheImmortal, post: 10520171, member: 183490"] Quindi lo scafo e tutto ciò che riguarda la vecchia fregata non può essere riparato e riutilizzato? [/ QUOTE]

I state that my answer is a personal consideration

Given the few images of the recovery of the Damavand frigate, the conditions of the sections of the ship, leads to think that it is easier and faster to build a new hull.
Probably it will also be possible to repair the Damavand, (even if I doubt it) but then, after this devastating incident, what certainty of resistance the hull will offer, what certainty of efficiency can achieve a patched ship and with the majority of its compartments that have suffered flooding, even the line of propeller axles had been damaged including rudders and keel.
Instead, building a new hull instead, and installing on it all that efficient and repairable was recovered by Damavand, which we all remember was a newly built ship;
In fact, there will be huge savings, since what costs in a ship is not the steel of the hull, but the on-board systems.

But if we evaluate the satellite photo of the Russian user friend, which shows the ready-made ship blocks, as accurate, it means that they were under construction long before the Damavand accident, so a second frigate was planned for the Caspian Sea .
Now important parts and systems of the Damavand frigate (77) could be transplanted into the new hull.

Back
Top Bottom