What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Sure it will be. One thing the Iranian armed forces are synonymous with, is that they stick with the schedule and so far all their projects were delivered right on time!
Don't worry about it after all they need to gave captain of Damavand a new ship.

Thats a destroyer?

Corvettes, frigates, destroyers, today's fashion is brought to gigantism.
today there are destroyers that have a displacement that in the recent past identified a cruiser, and frigates with a displacement that was once that of light cruisers.
I think that to consider a ship as a corvette, frigate or destroyer is not the displacement, but the missions that these ships can achieve with the type of systems they have on board.
I want to remember that the destroyers in the period of the 1st world war had a displacement of less than 1000/1200 tons, in the second world war the displacement ranged from 1200 tons to less than 2500 tons.

Now we have USNavy 10,000 tons destroyers and Russian projects with 18,000 displacement!?! "Leader" class,
more or less the displacement of the German heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen

1725px-PE_Atomtest_1.jpg

therefore, even if I think it is an exaggeration to identify the Jamaran, Damavand and Sahand as destroyers, nothing forbids the Iranians, by type of mission assigned, to identify them as such.
I personally regard them as real frigates.

How long till they snap this ship in half like the other one?

It is never nice to think about these things, both when the maritime accidents happen to the Iranians (Damavand), the Indonesians (Corvette Pati Unus 384) to the Indians (overturning the dry dock of a frigate), but also recently to the US Navy destroyers USS McCaine and USS Fitzgerald, or any other nation is a military ship or not.

Don't worry about it after all they need to gave captain of Damavand a new ship.

did anything happen to this guy?

that captain should thank his lucky stars hes not in jail. an expensive navy vessel, and lives were lost as a result of his incompetence. I wouldn't even let him command a speed boat.

Last edited:
today there are destroyers that have a displacement that in the recent past identified a cruiser, and frigates with a displacement that was once that of light cruisers.
I think that to consider a ship as a corvette, frigate or destroyer is not the displacement, but the missions that these ships can achieve with the type of systems they have on board.
I want to remember that the destroyers in the period of the 1st world war had a displacement of less than 1000/1200 tons, in the second world war the displacement ranged from 1200 tons to less than 2500 tons.

Now we have USNavy 10,000 tons destroyers and Russian projects with 18,000 displacement!?! "Leader" class,

1725px-PE_Atomtest_1.jpg

therefore, even if I think it is an exaggeration to identify the Jamaran, Damavand and Sahand as destroyers, nothing forbids the Iranians, by type of mission assigned, to identify them as such.
You're right ckassification has nothing with size..it is based on capatibility and size of shipis depend generaly on size and organization of the navy...In general destroyers are fleet muscles...they have to be fast and maneuverable thus they need capatibility to protect fleet from all attackers..from air,under water,and from other ships....So it doesn't have anything with size...there are situations where same class of ships are produced in different configuration and classification...

1725px-PE_Atomtest_1.jpg

Lets see what this "frigate" has.

Back
Top Bottom