What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Example: There’s been like 6+ different types of MRAPs unvieled and None have reached standard mass production.

This is problem with Iranian arms industry right now. They flood the military with too many prototypes/proposals and then the military doesn’t select any of them as their standard issue force.

Too many different types of mechanized armour wrecks havoc on the supply chain. Iran needs to standardize its supply lines and equipment.

Example: There’s been like 6+ different types of MRAPs unvieled and None have reached standard mass production.

This is problem with Iranian arms industry right now. They flood the military with too many prototypes/proposals and then the military doesn’t select any of them as their standard issue force.

Too many different types of mechanized armour wrecks havoc on the supply chain. Iran needs to standardize its supply lines and equipment.

Is it an issue of indecision or just a problem of establishing a supply chain for that new equipment?

Is it an issue of indecision or just a problem of establishing a supply chain for that new equipment?

It’s an issue of having a massive military industrial complex. Everyone is free to develop a prototype.

The issue is each of the companies has different “pull” with IRGC/military officials and government officials. So different groups select different things based on lobbying.

Iranian MRAPs prototypes have been around for years and yet the most MRAPs have been seen in....Iraq. How ironic.

This tells me a funding issues. Iraqi PMUs probably paid for or were gifted MRAPs in some way.

Yet military exercise after military exercise I have yet to see a convoy of Iranian MRAPs other than what is unveiled in promotional videos. It’s always just one or two of them and stream of Toyota trucks, Paykan trucks, Iranian Humvee Trucks (if we’re lucky).

I think it’s a funding issue, supply chain shouldn’t be hard for MRAPs. Tanks on the other hand is just a disaster. There is like 5 different types of tanks in Iran (M60, Russian tanks, Karrar, Zolfighar 1 to 3, Chieftan, etc)

Anyone know what kind of upgrade package these tanks have received?

It seems like only the Artesh(Army) is involved in this, and the IRGC is playing a small role. I saw earlier some IRGC equipment there (Artillery rockets), but not a single video showing T-72S tanks.

There was a video of a karrar tank and the chieftan seen have upgraded engines, sights, and armor

The Toophan, Kia (upgrade for rakhsh), and Rakhsh have all entered mass productions

There was a video of a karrar tank and the chieftan seen have upgraded engines, sights, and armor

The Toophan, Kia (upgrade for rakhsh), and Rakhsh have all entered mass productions

Rakhsh is an APC not an MRAP.

And again in regards to MRAP, mass production is a misleading term. I challenge you to show me 75+ MRAPs in Iran. They aren’t being produced in large numbers and if they are, Iran isn’t showing them.

In an age where Iran has shown off hundreds of drones, TELS, jeeps, etc. if Iran truly had a lot of MRAPs we would have seen evidence of it by now.

The immortal is incredibly ultra demagogue!

Iran produces a lot of wheel and rail combat vehicles of different sizes and weapons. With the budget they have, even if they have a secret budget, they do a lot of production and upgrades. It's collosal what they've been doing for the past few years

Iran's army is collosal and they have to see the whole work to verify it. MRAP production is very recent so you have to be a little patient with the quantity. I find that they are producing a lot already. Not to mention the other vehicles they produce on top of that

you just have to look at the variety of weapons that the many ATVs in Iran have, it's very surprising. Anti tank missiles, heavy machine guns, rocket launchers, mortars, grenade launchers and more

MRAPs are evidently being serial produced. One of many pictures
With turrets interestingly enough. As for others, doesn't look like it otherwise we'd see delivery pictures like this as well.

1633474346370.png

Just imagine Nakhchivan being swarmed with Karrar tanks, upgraded 72's, followed by these, under the cover of missiles, drones, rockets, suicide drones, howitzer/artillery fire. No wonder Aliyev backtracked and is now claiming that there are no Israeli's in his territory. He's shaking in his boots.

In the future they should consider upgrading these with an automated turret with a 30 mm autocannon, atleast 2 ATGMs / 2 MANPADS and even an active protection system . That would be excellent.

MRAPs are evidently being serial produced. One of many pictures
With turrets interestingly enough. As for others, doesn't look like it otherwise we'd see delivery pictures like this as well.

View attachment 782466

Back
Top Bottom