What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Wallahi me too Akhi how are you all of you brothers in sha'a Allah all in good shape
I'm all well dear brother. And i hope inshallah you doing well also.

I hope one day i can meet my dearest friends that i found in this forum in real life not only on this cyberspace platform.

@Malik Alashter @Big Tank @B@KH @mohsen @Aramagedon @HAIDER and others.

Be well brothers, may Allah be with you and always keeps you safe under Ali's (AS) wilayah.

Fact is unlike the IRGC, Artesh has to spend a much larger portion of its current budget on maintaining it's current platforms and because Iran has 2 military forces their (Artesh) budget is comparatively limited which makes it rather difficult and complicated for them to take on larger more complex projects without direct government assistance and funding.. Where as the IRGC aside from the allocated government budget has it's own revenue stream and income allowing them to fund more complex projects using their own income. Also the IRGC's ability to operate inside the economy gives the IRGC far better money management skills.

Now the reason the IRGC seems to have and operate less expensive platform has more to do with their strategic decision making and standing orders/mission of it's various branches and the infrastructure they've built around those orders over the past 4 decades.

That's the price tag for a GPS guided 300km TBM far less capable than Iran's Fateh-110
View attachment 722930
MGM-140 ATACMS - Wikipedia
Artesh has every right to have a fair share of civil projects, the problem is that they don't have an organzied force like Khatam Al Anbia (pbuh) HQ. And Honestly i don't know why?!!!

Well, I for one think the new MASAF 2 7.62x51 rifle looks great.

Clearly certain design kinks need to be ironed out, durability/longevity tested and production logistics sorted but the look of the rifle itself is quite 'professional' I guess one could say.

Hoping for the best as always!

I'm all well dear brother. And i hope inshallah you doing well also.

I hope one day i can meet my dearest friends that i found in this forum in real life not only on this cyberspace platform.

@Malik Alashter @Big Tank @B@KH @mohsen @Aramagedon @HAIDER and others.

Be well brothers, may Allah be with you and always keeps you safe under Ali's (AS) wilayah.

Artesh has every right to have a fair share of civil projects, the problem is that they don't have an organzied force like Khatam Al Anbia (pbuh) HQ. And Honestly i don't know why?!!!
Amen bro stay save and hold tight your grip on Ahlialbayt thread

I agree, however right now according to Iranian law they are NOT allowed!
I believe the experiment with allowing Sepah into the economy has proved successful and Artesh & Sepah should both be allowed to operate inside the economy.
Now that doesn't mean either one has any business opening up supermarkets, hotels and fast-food chains so there needs to be some restrictions and rules they would need to follow, however, overall their involvement in the economy is they best way forward in countering foreign interference in Iran's economy and in Iranian industries.

تانک چیفتن نو نوار شده نیروی زمینی
گفته شده چیفتن‌هایی که ارتقاء پیدا کردند به موتور قوی تری مجهز شده اند .

photo_2021-03-10_06-23-56.jpg

Ground Force New Chifton Tank
It is said that the upgraded chiftans are equipped with a stronger engine.

View attachment 723351
They swapped out the old temperamental Leyland L-60 750hp with a more reliable T-72 engine, either the V-46 780hp engine or the V-84 840hp engine. I don't know where they have sourced the engines from

They swapped out the old temperamental Leyland L-60 750hp with a more reliable T-72 engine, either the V-46 780hp engine or the V-84 840hp engine. I don't know where they have sourced the engines from
Thanks and very useful Info..now can we assume they will use the same T-72 engines for any Karar production...if not do U have any idea what is planned for Karar Engine...there is a 1300 hp diesel engine Iran makes is that possible!

Thanks and very useful Info..now can we assume they will use the same T-72 engines for any Karar production...if not do U have any idea what is planned for Karar Engine...there is a 1300 hp diesel engine Iran makes is that possible!

This is a photo of the Bani Hashem Tank plant in Dorud. This Karrar tank has a sign on it that reads "Hp 1000". I have seen speculation that it might be a turbo charged T-72 engine but i don't know if that is the case.
IMG_20200822_043029-768x512.jpg

That’s not a karrar tank

That is indeed a Karrar MBT that has not had its full ERA package installed over its (new) turret and chassis.
T72m upgraded by Iran. There are also a lot engine upgrades for T72 out in the world by different vendors. 1000hp-1200hp.

View attachment 723476
Your example is an IRGC T-72 upgrade project while the picture of the Karrar that I posted is a Defense Industry Organization (DIO) product.

That’s not a karrar tank
Yes it is.
This is from the same sequence of pics showing the karrar upgrades being carried out on t72s
1059531_109.jpg

This is the next pic in the sequence,in this one you can clearly see on the tank on the left [the same one featured in the pic posted by Bahram]the karrars panoramic commanders sigh and integrated remote weapons mount,plus in the tank on the right you can also see the karrars fixed sight[the black object on top of the turret to the right of the gun]
In addition in Bahrams op you can also clearly see the karrars heavy reactive armor cassettes being mounted onto the turret,you can also see that the bottom horizontal cassettes are thicker than the ones used in the upgrade of the t72 in the pic that Ich posted.
You can see the rest of the sequence here:
https://defapress.ir/410778
There are links to other images posted with close ups of the tanks in question showing fine detail but I havent tracked them down again yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom