What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Posted before but here is pics from recent visit of HESA by Minister of Roads and Transportation.
Toufan-2 attack helicopter production line, most likely for IRGC Army Aviation.
EkyWATAVgAAudLp.jpeg.jpg

EkyWATHUYAEVS-x.jpeg.jpg

Posted before but here is pics from recent visit of HESA by Minister of Roads and Transportation.
View attachment 681404
View attachment 681405
Where are they sourcing the engines from? I wonder if they can buy old Bell 212 engines from the black market and refurbish them for the Toufan 2?

Where are they sourcing the engines from? I wonder if they can buy old Bell 212 engines from the black market and refurbish them for the Toufan 2?
they are pretty new. engines and transmission are not sanctioned. and the only source of engine is not US.

they are pretty new. engines and transmission are not sanctioned. and the only source of engine is not US.
What prevents iran from manufacturing a Turboshaft for its helicopters? Or a good turboprop for its drones...

Really? I thought since even civil aviation is under sanctions than dual technology like helicopter engines and transmission would certainly be as well!
actually it seems like we are able to get them because of their dual use.
What prevents iran from manufacturing a Turboshaft for its helicopters? Or a good turboprop for its drones...
I don't know exactly bro but it might be lack of interest in manufacturing or some problems in designing gear box.

View attachment 681404
View attachment 681405

This does not look like Toufan 2 to me. It still has smooth angled edge on front. Toufan 2 is sharp angel similar to single engine AH1F.

Still if Iran is building this, then FANTASTIC. I am all for it.
actually it seems like we are able to get them because of their dual use.

I don't know exactly bro but it might be lack of interest in manufacturing or some problems in designing gear box.

Without being able to divulge any evidence, BELIEVE me Iran cannot get these engines. Not new ones, not even "OLDER" ones, i.e. used but still have another 500 hours in it after an overhaul. Can't, just can't. Unless it does go the Chinese engine route but Iran won't because it has issues of its own.

Without going into the politics of it, any Iranian who loves his/her country would not be impressed with Rouhani if they knew some of the things I came across. He is a BAD decision maker. He betrayed China in 2011-2015 to kiss Europe's @$$ so his supporters could skim off of the top and have a nice life (second home) in Austria/Switzerland etc. China got pissed off after supporting Iran during Obama sanctions only to see Iran betray it and "prefer" Europe. Some Iranians are "West worshipers". Rouhani is really terrible, and he stole his neighbors land, saying he needs extra space for his freaking parking since he is the president and needs more car part space.

Last edited:
This does not look like Toufan 2 to me. It still has smooth angled edge on front. Toufan 2 is sharp angel similar to single engine AH1F.

Still if Iran is building this, then FANTASTIC. I am all for it.

Without being able to divulge any evidence, BELIEVE me Iran cannot get these engines. Not new ones, not even "OLDER" ones, i.e. used but still have another 500 hours in it after an overhaul. Can't, just can't. Unless it does go the Chinese engine route but Iran won't because it has issues of its own.

Without going into the politics of it, any Iranian who loves his/her country would not be impressed with Rouhani if they knew some of the things I came across. He is a BAD decision maker. He betrayed China in 2011-2015 to kiss Europe's @$$ so his supporters could skim off of the top and have a nice life (second home) in Austria/Switzerland etc. China got pissed off after supporting Iran during Obama sanctions only to see Iran betray it and "prefer" Europe. Some Iranians are "West worshipers". Rouhani is really terrible, and he stole his neighbors land, saying he needs extra space for his freaking parking since he is the president and needs more car part space.
bro in that post I shared here the admin discusses that we never stopped producing bell 214, 206 and T-2. the appearance of T-2 changed to AH-J because back in those early days of production we were not able to produce curved canopies.
regarding the engines he does not state how exactly we get those. hala ya khodemun mikharim az Canada ya englis ya yeki to cin ya emarat mikhare o mifroshe be ma o soodesh ro bar midare. mesle oon motor haye almani ke vase yaman estefade mishoodan.

Back
Top Bottom