What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Iran for the 2nd day in a row is bombarding areas near it's border in northern Iraq. This time, Haji Omeran, in Erbil Province.

This now sounds like another joint Iranian-Turkish operations against "Kurdish militants" in northern Iraq. Turkey has been moving ground troops and performing air strikes, and Iran now joining in with artillery. interesting...my guess is that Israel or/and US had pumped up these Kurdish militants too much for Turkey nor Iran's tolerance level.

This now sounds like another joint Iranian-Turkish operations against "Kurdish militants" in northern Iraq. Turkey has been moving ground troops and performing air strikes, and Iran now joining in with artillery. interesting...my guess is that Israel or/and US had pumped up these Kurdish militants too much for Turkey nor Iran's tolerance level.

No it was response to an attack by Kurdish militants on a border guard outpost.

So the Toophan 4x4 is based on the Streit Typhoon 4x4. The Saegheh / Kowsar is based on the F-5 and countless other Iranian products are based on foreign products but the Raad 6x6 despite sharing a striking resemblance to the BMX-01 is not based on it ? Never mind the fact that Renault has historic ties with Iran. I guess that's a coincidence as well ?

I'm not saying that it's an exact copy and there are superficial differences but just looking at the dimensions of both vehicles, it's painfully obvious that one is based on the other. Using the comparison between Ferrari and Lamborghini is pretty silly because everyone knows about corporate espionage and how various models throughout the years have been influenced by and based on each other. Again I'm not saying that the Raad 6x6 is an exact copy but its design is based on the BMX-01 none the less.

Just because the IRGC / Iranian military states that it was designed 100% by Iranian experts / University students, Basij etc, doesn't mean that it's true. Remember a few months ago when Salami said that a dowsing rod could detect Corona Virus ? Anything produced or presented by the Iranian military or especially the IRGC, you have to take it with a grain of salt, if not a bucket of salt.

In regards to your argument that "you can't prove it's a copy" well I don't have to. Look at a side by side comparison of both vehicles, compare their dimensions and use your logical deduction skills. Oh by the way "you can't prove that the boogeyman (lulu khorkhore) doesn't exist" therefore he does exist. LOL You see the fault in your logic ? You're asking me to prove something that is self evident.

Look at the Aras truck. It's not an exact copy of the Hummer but its design is obviously based on the Hummer. In the same way the Raad 6x6 is not an "exact" copy of the BMX-01 but it's design is based on it. Can you atleast accept that point or are you completely in denial ?

Iran has made products from many nations. To use that as proof that this Ra'ad is based on the BMX is a non starter.

You are resorting to what is known as "Gish Gallop" fallacy. Which means instead of having few strong arguments, you are posting a multitude of weak arguments that are not backing your claims.

The truth is that you are choosing to focus on the little similarities rather than the much more obvious differences, this tells me you are basically finding anything to pass your own narrative.

As for the "shape of the headlights".

View attachment 641910 View attachment 641911

If you truly cannot see the obvious differences, then either you are deliberately spreading disinformation, or it is an issue of lack of analytical capabilities.

Here look, the Lamborghini and Ferrari are of similar dimensions and have very superficially similar headlights, thus one must be based on the other according to your "logic" :

ferrari-488-gtb-vs-lamborghini-huracan-lp610-4-drag-race-has-surprising-outcome-124669-7.jpg

Like I said in my previous post, you are basically scrapping for anything that can support your argument. The only problem is, minus the fact these are both 6x6, you have nothing else going for your claim.

I will therefore ask you again, do you have any hard facts to back your assertions or will you continue to post a mishmash of irrelevant examples and flawed analysis?

Last edited:
So the Toophan 4x4 is based on the Streit Typhoon 4x4. The Saegheh / Kowsar is based on the F-5 and countless other Iranian products are based on foreign products but the Raad 6x6 despite sharing a striking resemblance to the BMX-01 is not based on it ? Never mind the fact that Renault has historic ties with Iran. I guess that's a coincidence as well ?

You're just repeating yourself now. This fallacious way of thinking has already been debunked above.

I'm not saying that it's an exact copy and there are superficial differences but just looking at the dimensions of both vehicles, it's painfully obvious that one is based on the other.

There are more differences between the two systems than there are similarities, by your "logic" one could claim many systems in the same design family are based on each other.

Using the comparison between Ferrari and Lamborghini is pretty silly because everyone knows about corporate espionage and how various models throughout the years have been influenced by and based on each other.

Give me a break, you're just wiling to say anything now in order to defend your flawed claims here.

but its design is based on the BMX-01 none the less.

A claim for which you have not provided an iota of hard facts except some misinterpretations and out of place extrapolations.

Just because the IRGC / Iranian military states that it was designed 100% by Iranian experts / University students, Basij etc, doesn't mean that it's true.

I rather take their words over someone that apparently cannot see the obvious nuances between obviously different systems.

Remember a few months ago when Salami said that a dowsing rod could detect Corona Virus ? Anything produced or presented by the Iranian military or especially the IRGC, you have to take it with a grain of salt, if not a bucket of salt.

That example has nothing to do with this discussion. Once again, another out of place "defence".

In regards to your argument that "you can't prove it's a copy" well I don't have to.

Yes you do, if not then you need to cease spreading misinformation.

Look at a side by side comparison of both vehicles, compare their dimensions and use your logical deduction skills.

Again you're just repeating the same comments.

Oh by the way "you can't prove that the boogeyman (lulu khorkhore) doesn't exist" therefore he does exist. LOL You see the fault in your logic ? You're asking me to prove something that is self evident.

Your manner of "reasoning" (if we can even call it that) is getting more juvenile by the second. We are not debating about a theoretical entity. We are comparing two products that are known to exist to each other.

Look at the Aras truck. It's not an exact copy of the Hummer but its design is obviously based on the Humme

I think you are demonstrating exactly where your limitation is. You basically look for the slightest bit of similarities between two systems and then claim one to be based on the other.

. In the same way the Raad 6x6 is not an "exact" copy of the BMX-01 but it's design is based on it. Can you atleast accept that point or are you completely in denial ?

Prior to asking anything of me, I suggest you go learn the basic concepts of engineering first. I have already explained to you that similarities you see in these systems in many cases is due to their function. There is zero reason to believe Ra'ad is "based" on the BMX. Minus some weak and desperate attempts of backing your assertions, you have done nothing concrete.

So are you accepting that the Aras is based on the Hummer or are you going to pretend that Iran made that up as well ?

So let me get this straight, the Safir jeep, the Aras, the Toophan MRAP, even the little Yooz I mentioned, all knockoffs and copies, but the Raad 6x6 is an exception ? Is that right ? LOL

Do you also believe in Salami's dowsing rods ? Don't beat around the bush with juvenile condescending statements, just answer the question, do you believe Salami's claims that an ingenious Basij member created some dowsing rods that can detect Covid-19 ? Just Yes or No.

You're just repeating yourself now. This fallacious way of thinking has already been debunked above.

There are more differences between the two systems than there are similarities, by your "logic" one could claim many systems in the same design family are based on each other.

Give me a break, you're just wiling to say anything now in order to defend your flawed claims here.

A claim for which you have not provided an iota of hard facts except some misinterpretations and out of place extrapolations.

I rather take their words over someone that apparently cannot see the obvious nuances between obviously different systems.

That example has nothing to do with this discussion. Once again, another out of place "defence".

Yes you do, if not then you need to cease spreading misinformation.

Again you're just repeating the same comments.

Your manner of "reasoning" (if we can even call it that) is getting more juvenile by the second. We are not debating about a theoretical entity. We are comparing two products that are known to exist to each other.

I think you are demonstrating exactly where your limitation is. You basically look for the slightest bit of similarities between two systems and then claim one to be based on the other.

Prior to asking anything of me, I suggest you go learn the basic concepts of engineering first. I have already explained to you that similarities you see in these systems in many cases is due to their function. There is zero reason to believe Ra'ad is "based" on the BMX. Minus some weak and desperate attempts of backing your assertions, you have done nothing concrete.

@sha ah

I am making this my last reply to you as I wasted enough of my time and thread space on your repetitive and debunked drivels. Clearly you made an unsubstantiated claim that was exposed and you are just recycling your basic juvenile notions of "A was based on B, thus C must be based on D and so on". Frankly, I am not here to teach you elementary logic. Perhaps next time think carefully before making a claim so you don't put yourself in such a hole.

Furthermore, you sound awfully like that "Babak Taghvaee" fellow from Twitter. I recall he has the exact tendency to make blunders by insisting on such silly claims. He also has the same sort of deranged anti-IRGC obsession which you have shown here.

Edit: I will ask members to keep a close eye on this "sha ah". It will not surprise me if he is some fake account here, especially of that Babak individual.

Last edited:
You're saying I'm making unsubstantiated claims and then you imply that I'm Babak Taghvaee ? Isn't that a contradiction on your part ?

Honestly you're entitled to your opinion but so am I. I consider myself an Iranian patriot but I like to assess things through an impartial and judgemental lens. In other words I don't take everything the Iranian government / military says at face value.

I don't need hard evidence to figure out that the Aras series is based on the Hummer. On the other hand I'm not going to discount everything / anything Salami or the IRGC claims. Iran has made alot of advances in recent years but when the IRGC tries to claim that some dowsing rods are capable of detecting Covid-19, then I'm sorry but that's BS and I'm not buying it.

At the end of the day if the IRGC do something to make us proud as Iranians I will salute them, like the recent satellite launch. But at the same time if they do the opposite then I will criticize them for it. I'm not an absolutist and pride myself on being a critical, free thinker. That's all.

@sha ah

I am making this my last reply to you as I wasted enough of my time and thread space on your repetitive and debunked drivels. Clearly you made an unsubstantiated claim that was exposed and you are just recycling your basic juvenile notions of "A was based on B, thus C must be based on D and so on". Frankly, I am not here to teach you elementary logic. Perhaps next time think carefully before making a claim so you don't put yourself in such a hole.

Furthermore, you sound awfully like that "Babak Taghvaee" fellow from Twitter. I recall he has the exact tendency to make blunders by insisting on such silly claims. He also has the same sort of deranged anti-IRGC obsession which you have shown here.

Edit: I will ask members to keep a close eye on this "sha ah". It will not surprise me if he is some fake account here, especially of that Babak individual.

He's already dug himself in a hole which is why this whole thing is dragging out for so many pages.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but weren't you the one who stated that the Kowsar fighter jets we're just 40 year old F-5's with a new paint job until I showed you the videos of them being built from the ground up ?

Now I'm stating that I believe the Iran has reverse engineered a few military vehicles and what is it you've changed your opinion of Iran's capabilities all of a sudden ? Sorry I'm just confused at this point.

You're saying I'm making unsubstantiated claims and then you imply that I'm Babak Taghvaee ? Isn't that a contradiction on your part ?

Honestly you're entitled to your opinion but so am I. I consider myself an Iranian patriot but I like to assess things through an impartial and judgemental lens. In other words I don't take everything the Iranian government / military says at face value.

I don't need hard evidence to figure out that the Aras series is based on the Hummer. On the other hand I'm not going to discount everything / anything Salami or the IRGC claims. Iran has made alot of advances in recent years but when the IRGC tries to claim that some dowsing rods are capable of detecting Covid-19, then I'm sorry but that's BS and I'm not buying it.

At the end of the day if the IRGC do something to make us proud as Iranians I will salute them, like the recent satellite launch. But at the same time if they do the opposite then I will criticize them for it. I'm not an absolutist and pride myself on being a critical, free thinker. That's all.

My friend,

If you actually an Iranian "patriot" then I am only trying to tell you that in this specific case you are incorrect. The fact that you and I agree in other cases such as Toofan etc should tell you that I have zero problem saying when Iran develops something that is based on X or Y. In this particular case, there is only superficial similarities that are not uncommon in the military field. Lets not downgrade our achievement by so easily saying its based on something. Critical thinking is good, but getting carried away with ones thoughts is not always healthy. If there is a genuine reason to believe it, then okay. But not in this case. This Ra'ad is a true indigenous effort by the IRGC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not technically related to "Ground Forces" but we lack a general defence update thread to post these news. Maybe we requite a specific thread for the IRGC:

IRGC Top Commander: Enemies Not Even Think of Military War against Iran

TEHRAN (FNA)- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Hossein Salami said military action has been taken off agenda by Iran's enemies thanks to the country's high defense power.
"Military war against us is no (more) desirable to the enemies, and the reason why it is not the enemy's prescribed choice for political gains lies in our preparedness, defense power and credibility of this power," General Salami said, addressing a ceremony in Tehran on Sunday.

Elsewhere, he referred to the recent incidents in the western societies, and said that one may not find a direct relationship between the incidents in the West and the Islamic Revolution, but the reality is that the Islamic Revolution is known across the world and has even inspired the US society.

In relevant remarks in October, Lieutenant Commander of the IRGC Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi underlined that Iran's deterrence power has dissuaded enemies, including the US, from launching military war against the country.

"The enemies have understood that the military option against Iran yields no result," Rear Admiral Fadavi said, addressing a forum in Tehran.

He added that the enemies are today attempting to hit a blow at the resistance groups and spread panic to prevent the Islamic Republic move towards its causes, "although they have gained no result, but failure".

Rear Admiral Fadavi said that the US does not spare any attempt to annihilate the Islamic Republic if it can but it has failed against the Islamic Republic's power and might.

He referred to the downing of a US spy plane over Iran's territorial waters, and said the fact that Washington thanked Tehran after the latter didn't shoot down the US P8 aircraft with 35 on board shows the peak of their weakness and desperation against the Islamic Revolution and the Iranian nation.

The IRGC Aerospace Force shot down an American spy drone over the territorial waters of Iran near the Strait of Hormuz at dawn on June 20.

https://en.farsnews.ir/newstext.aspx?nn=13990401000674

Last edited:
Commander: Iranian Army to Receive New Military Equipment

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Army Commander Major General Seyed Abdolrahim Mousavi announced on Wednesday that his forces will be supplied with new modern military equipment by the yearend (March 19).
"New equipment will be supplied to the Army forces by the yearend. The equipment will be utilized in the ground, air defense, air and marine fields," General Mousavi said, addressing a meeting in Tehran today.

Elsewhere, he warned enemies not to threaten Iran's national interests or wait for the country's counter measures.

General Mousavi underlined close cooperation between the Army and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps, and said, "Operational plans for possible scenarios are ready and they are exercised overtly or covertly, in part or in combination, and the Army and the IRGC are prepared to stand beside each other against any possible threat."

In relevant remarks in April, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri warned adventurers against taking any wrong move, saying that the enemies' devilish plots are doomed to failure.

"We will not permit any wrong thing to be made by adventurers and greedy people against this country," General Baqeri said in a message marking Army Day.

“The brilliant role of the devoted Army in making up defense and deterrence capacities signifies a steady and scholarly struggle associated with divine faith and valor to step in sophisticated arenas of defense technologies,” he said.

The top commander hailed the Army's stunning achievements in all fields, adding that it has played a crucial role in containing the coronavirus disease.

https://en.farsnews.ir/newstext.aspx?nn=13990404000719

Last edited:
Turkish Alpagu backpackable loitering Munition.
alpagur-gif.644579

untitled-1-jpg.644580

Range : 5 km
Mission Time: 10 minutes
Above Ground Level (AGL): 400 ft
Cruise Speed: 50 knots
Maximum Speed: 65 knots
Weight: 1.9 kg
Temperature: -20 / + 50 °C
Power: LiPo Battery
Preparation Period: Maximum 1 minute

we should do the similar thing to our 80 mm mortars, seriously what is the purpose of mortars nowadays?? change the munitions with steerable, engine less drones.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom